Chapter 49: Ordering Raw Materials [Part 2]
395 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After releasing the first episode of the documentary series, Wu Hao began searching online and ordering various materials and tools he needed.

To establish a research and manufacturing base capable of producing aircraft from scratch in the remote mountains, there were numerous things required.

"First of all, the power supply system for the base will definitely have to be nuclear power. Currently, only the electricity generated by nuclear energy can meet our needs."

"However, the construction of nuclear power relies on raw materials that are tightly controlled by nuclear powers around the world. It might be a bit difficult to obtain the necessary materials and equipment for building a nuclear power plant. This issue requires careful planning." In fact, Wu Hao didn't need a large-scale nuclear power plant to meet the power demands of the base. He only needed a small reactor similar to those found in nuclear submarines.

Even if it's a small reactor, it still requires nuclear materials! Trading such materials is typically done between nations, and even if you have all the money in the world, ordinary individuals cannot purchase them.

Therefore, it's impossible for Wu Hao to obtain sufficient nuclear materials through conventional channels.

In fact, it's not just nuclear materials; many of the materials Wu Hao needs cannot be purchased through regular means.

For example, some advanced equipment is simply unavailable in the current Huaxia (China), and Western countries prohibit selling such equipment to Huaxia.

Even if it were possible to purchase through regular channels, the prices would be exorbitant. Despite Wu Hao having $1.5 billion in funds, it would quickly be depleted when buying these devices.

Consider that even the most advanced high-tech laboratories in the world require investments of tens or even hundreds of billions of dollars to establish.

Therefore, the funds required to engage in high-tech endeavors are essentially bottomless pits.

However, Wu Hao has no intention of directly purchasing finished products of various devices. He will only acquire various raw materials and components from around the world.

By acquiring raw materials and components instead of finished products, both the cost and the risk of being discovered are significantly reduced. Moreover, the most crucial aspect is that the so-called advanced equipment currently available in the world cannot meet Wu Hao's requirements.

For example, if Wu Hao wants to develop and manufacture a new type of composite material as the main body of the entire aircraft, he must have a large-scale 3D printing device. Only through integral molding can the structural requirements of the aircraft, as envisioned by Wu Hao, be met.

However, existing large-scale 3D printing devices in the world cannot meet Wu Hao's specific needs. While current 3D printing devices are capable of directly printing various metals and materials, including even printing entire buildings, the corresponding technology is still imperfect and the size is excessively large. Wu Hao's goal is to design a completely new 3D printing device according to his own requirements, one that can meet the printing needs of various materials.

In addition to manufacturing equipment, the base must also have a supercomputer that serves as the core for various calculations and processing, ensuring the smooth operation of the entire base.

Although Wu Hao's brain computing power already rivals the world's most advanced processing speeds, it's not feasible for him to personally handle all the operations of the entire base. Therefore, having a supercomputer is an absolute necessity.

Currently, the fastest supercomputer in the world, Tianhe-2, achieves a processing speed of 549 million calculations per second, but its size is excessively large.

Wu Hao's base doesn't have much space to accommodate such a massive machine. Therefore, Wu Hao needs to figure out how to reduce the size of a supercomputer using materials and electronic components that are currently available for purchase.

However, Wu Hao doesn't have an immediate need to create a supercomputer comparable to Tianhe-2 because the existing supercomputing capabilities in Huaxia (China) are not fully utilized by the research community.

Therefore, Wu Hao only needs to manufacture a supercomputer that can meet the basic computing needs of the base.

If there is a need for intensive computations, Wu Hao can rely on his own brain's supercomputing abilities to fulfill the requirements of various data processing tasks.

In fact, several scientists in history have been able to simulate various data processing and experiments using their own brains. For example, the renowned scientist Tesla in the early 19th century was able to propose technologies like "particle beams" in a rudimentary research environment of that time, which even today humanity has not been able to achieve. This demonstrates that Tesla's brain possessed computational abilities beyond the imagination of ordinary individuals.

Actually, Nikola Tesla, the eccentric scientist, achieved almost all of his inventions throughout his life by conducting various calculations in his mind to reach the final results.

However, the technological foundation at that time was vastly different from the modern era, and various factors prevented Tesla from realizing many of his advanced technological ideas and concepts.

In fact, scientists from various countries are still researching technological projects that Tesla had already explored several decades ago. After Tesla's death, the US government at that time treated all the materials he left behind as national treasures. However, Tesla didn't document many of his research findings in writing, and much of his advanced technology existed solely in his mind.

As it is commonly known, the average person utilizes only around 5% of their brain capacity, and even the brain development and utilization of exceptional geniuses and scientists are typically within 10%.

Perhaps in rare cases throughout history, individuals like Tesla, who were considered anomalies in the scientific community, might have reached brain utilization rates of up to 20% at most.

Furthermore, due to individual differences in brain structure, these exceptional cases only allowed them to possess extraordinary memory or significantly enhanced learning and analytical abilities compared to the average person. However, they did not exhibit the same abilities as Wu Hao does now.

It's important to note that Wu Hao initially gained his extraordinary telekinetic and psychic abilities because of an accidental trigger in a mysterious area of his brain. Initially, he only had slightly improved memory and learning abilities, making him somewhat better than an average person and could be considered a "genius" of sorts.

However, after merging with the energy contained in the mysterious stone, his brain's development fully erupted. This not only significantly enhanced his telekinetic and psychic abilities but also granted him the monstrously powerful brain computing capacity he possesses now. It can be said without exaggeration that with Wu Hao's current brain capacity for computation, analysis, and storage, he could learn all the existing knowledge of humanity within a matter of days.

9