Chapter 113: Demolition Compensation
36 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next morning, after providing the detailed compensation plan for land and houses to Wu Sancai, Wu Hao drove to the city.

Wu Sancai didn't delay upon receiving Wu Hao's detailed compensation plan. He immediately summoned the villagers from all households to the village committee to discuss specific compensation matters.

The villagers had been discussing this matter for the past few days. Those who were initially skeptical became completely convinced after witnessing a group of leaders from the city conducting on-site inspections yesterday. Therefore, when they received Wu Sancai's notification today, these villagers were much more active. After all, it concerned the interests of everyone.

"Everyone, quiet down. I believe you all have guessed the purpose of my gathering. Yes, today's meeting is to discuss the specific compensation for the land acquisition."

"Firstly, let me briefly explain the land compensation plan that 'Eastern Galaxy Investment Company' and the city government jointly discussed. After you've heard it, if you have any questions, feel free to raise your hand and speak." Wu Sancai called for silence and then began explaining.

"Villagers, please go ahead and speak!" someone in the crowd immediately shouted.

Wu Sancai, hearing the voice from below, smiled slightly and continued, "This time, 'Eastern Galaxy Investment Company' and the city government have proposed two main compensation plans for acquiring our village's existing land. The first plan is for Eastern Galaxy Company to make a one-time payment to each of you as compensation. The specific compensation is based on a price of 50,000 RMB per mu. The second plan is to pay each of you an annual leasing fee of 500 RMB per mu, with a contract period of 80 years."

"In addition to the land compensation, Eastern Galaxy Investment Company has also offered two types of compensation for the acquisition of houses. The first is for Eastern Galaxy Company to fund the construction of a villa for each household in our village, with an area of over 200 square meters. This includes furniture, decorations, and other necessary items. In other words, you won't need to purchase anything, and you can move in directly once the new houses are built."

"Considering that some villagers may not want to continue living in the countryside after receiving the land compensation, Eastern Galaxy Company has a second compensation option. This involves providing each of you with a one-time demolition compensation of 800,000 RMB. These are the general compensation plans. Now, you can go home and think about it for a few days, or if you've already made a decision, you can register with me now. Once the registration is complete, the compensation will be directly remitted to you in a few days."

Wu Sancai successively explained all the compensation plans to the villagers present. The villagers, upon hearing these compensation plans, were excited, and of course, some were caught in a state of hesitation.

Honestly, the various compensation plans offered by Wu Hao are significant concessions, essentially akin to giving money to each household in the village.

After all, whether it's the price for leasing the land or the one-time purchase cost of the land, it is considerably higher than the nationally specified rates. Moreover, the final plan of free villa construction and furniture purchase can be considered an unprecedented compensation scheme.

Because, considering the current houses in the village, no matter how you calculate it, if compensated according to normal standards, it would be at most 200,000 RMB per household. After all, this is just a small village in the inland area, not a developed coastal region; thus, the compensation naturally cannot be compared.

However, now, the compensation offered by Wu Hao is almost on par with compensation rates in developed coastal areas.

Based on the calculation for the 156 households in Sanxi, with an average of over 20 mu of land per household, the land compensation alone would be over 1 million RMB per household. As for choosing the annual compensation of 500 RMB per mu, most villagers probably wouldn't opt for it, as it's too slow to generate income. However, perhaps some older villagers might choose this steady but slow method.

Paying 50 million RMB for the construction of villas for 156 households, along with subsequent investments in furniture and other items, would amount to nearly 100 million RMB. Moreover, in addition to constructing houses, corresponding infrastructure such as roads, community markets, and other facilities would need to be built. Considering all these projects, it would require at least over 100 million RMB.

Finally, when factoring in the average land compensation of over 1 million RMB per household, the total investment would be at least 2 billion RMB. In other words, just covering various costs of compensating the villagers would amount to 4 to 5 billion RMB.

"Village head, I have no objections to this compensation. My family is willing to receive a one-time land compensation." After a clamor of discussions, someone immediately took the initiative to express their stance.

"Village head, my family is also willing! There's no need to say more. The company where Wu Hao works must have negotiated all this compensation and relocation funds for our village. If faced with such conditions, and we don't agree, it would be a lack of conscience."

"Yeah! Wu Hao, this young man, has done a lot for our village. Not only did he contribute money for road construction last year, but he also often helps us in various ways. I'm willing too!"

After the first person came forward to express their opinion, many others immediately followed suit. After all, the villagers present were not overly greedy individuals. Clearly, Wu Hao's compensation proposals were much higher than standard rates. If they were not satisfied with these offers, it would seem excessively greedy.

Moreover, Wu Hao's family has maintained good relations with the various households in the village. Since Wu Hao became prosperous last year, he has contributed money for road construction and undertaken various tasks for the village. These actions have been well-regarded by the villagers.

Although many people have harbored envy and jealousy towards Wu Hao's wealthy family, upon hearing about the substantial compensation, most of them set aside their previous feelings.

However, with over a hundred households, it's impossible for everyone to maintain their conscience when it comes to money and interests. Therefore, a few households still wish to increase the compensation.

As the majority had already expressed their agreement, the few dissenting households did not immediately voice their dissatisfaction. They remained silent and observed the situation.

"Alright, everyone, please quiet down. Since you all understand that the generous compensation from the East Galaxy Company is entirely due to Wu Hao, and you are all cooperating actively, let's proceed orderly. Form a line and come to me one by one for registration. Please be mindful not to create chaos."

0