Chapter 116: Preparing to Raise Funds
32 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After reaching the school gate with a few girlfriends, Wu Xiaoxiao spotted her brother Wu Hao's figure in the distance. She quickly waved goodbye to her friends and walked towards Wu Hao with Wen Wen, the girl he was familiar with.

"So, Xiaoxiao's brother came to pick her up today. No wonder she seemed so happy this afternoon!" commented a few girls as they watched Wu Xiaoxiao leave.

Previously, Wu Xiaoxiao didn't have many close friends at school, and Wen Wen, who had similar family circumstances, was her closest companion. However, after Wu Xiaoxiao's family became wealthier and more attention-grabbing, she received more attention from other girls who were previously distant.

Soon, Wu Hao saw his sister and her friend Wen Wen walking towards him. As soon as they got in the car, he asked, "Xiaoxiao, do you want to go shopping or head straight home?"

Since Wen Wen was used to catching rides with them on such occasions, Wu Xiaoxiao replied, "Let's go shopping first and then head home! It's still early."

"Alright, thank you, Brother Wu!" Wen Wen politely expressed her gratitude.

"No need to be so polite!" Wu Hao smiled slightly and drove towards the largest commercial street in the city.

Not long after, when Wu Hao brought the two to the commercial street, every item they liked was directly bought in bulk by the store clerks. Even though Wen Wen was initially hesitant to accept, Wu Xiaoxiao persuaded her to happily take the gifts.

Wu Xiaoxiao now had some understanding of her brother Wu Hao. She knew he had earned quite a bit of money outside and that the family's conditions had improved significantly. Therefore, she wasn't as reluctant to spend money as she was initially. She also helped her good friend Wen Wen without hesitation during their shopping spree.

After a round of shopping, Wu Hao drove home with his younger sister and her good friend. Upon arriving home, he overheard his mother discussing the land compensation issue in the village during the day.

"Alright, Mom, I understand. Let's put this matter aside for now. In a few days, I will take care of it," Wu Hao responded to the news without much surprise. Given the diverse opinions among over a hundred households in the village regarding land acquisition and demolition, reaching a unanimous decision was impossible.

Although he offered extremely high compensation to the villagers, the allure of easy benefits inevitably attracted some greedy individuals looking to exploit the situation for greater gain. Wu Hao had a plan to deal with these few dissenting voices, but he decided to address this matter after resolving the compensation issues for other villagers in the coming days.

That evening, after dinner, Wu Hao took out a drop of spirit liquid, diluted it in water, and prepared to gradually improve his family's physical condition. Originally, he intended to officially give his mother and sister the spirit liquid after injecting it into his father a few days ago. However, he decided to administer it secretly, believing it was a more prudent approach to change their conditions gradually without raising suspicions.

After dinner with his family, Wu Hao returned to his room, closed the door, and prepared to start his money-making plan. Currently, the funds in his anonymous Swiss bank account were not sufficient for the initial investment in the resort project. Considering the substantial compensation to the government and villagers, he needed several billion for the pre-construction phase alone.

According to Wu Hao's planned design, the resort construction involved significant earthwork, especially since Sanxi Village was in a hilly area. Additionally, he planned to dig an artificial lake, and the cumulative expenses required a substantial initial injection of funds.

Back in his room, Wu Hao quickly turned on his computer and communication device, connecting with the intelligent program 'Zero' in the base.

"Zero, how is the situation with the exploration team near the wooden house?" Wu Hao asked about the exploration team stationed near the wooden house. He hadn't paid much attention to them for several days.

"Boss, I don't have much information about the situation near the wooden house right now, but I can conduct reconnaissance immediately," Zero responded. Since the last time Wu Hao dispatched a drone to survey the area around the wooden house, several days had passed without further investigation, and Zero couldn't provide up-to-date information.

"Then go check it out now!" Wu Hao casually said, recalling something. "By the way, those video materials I gave you last time, have you turned them into documentaries?"

"Boss, I have produced documentaries based on the video materials you provided, following the style you previously specified. Do you need to see them now?" Zero asked.

"No need to watch them. You've done well. According to the schedule, it's about time to release this documentary. I'll leave this matter to you!" Now, Wu Hao delegated many tasks to the base's intelligent program not only to free up more of his time but also to cultivate Zero's emotional intelligence.

After all, Zero wasn't a true artificial intelligence yet. Wu Hao's ultimate goal was to develop an intelligent being with autonomous consciousness. Therefore, allowing Zero to handle slightly autonomous tasks was necessary for its emotional development.

After a brief inquiry, Wu Hao directly remotely controlled the core computer of the base through the computer and communication device. The core computer, currently located at the base, boasted computing capabilities that could be considered the most advanced in the world.

 
 
 
0