Chapter 1: Junk rises
756 14 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My head was pounding as my eyes opened a boy was shaking me frantically ‘he seems oddly familiar’. Then it hit me ‘I must be dreaming that is Jaden Yuki’ I pinched myself. ‘Fuck that hurt wait if I can feel pain I can’t be dreaming’ I took a look around and saw myself in a mirror. ‘This is the character I drew when I was younger’ I had long silver hair and grey eyes. My stature was slightly short and I was super skinny.

Please select 1 of your following custom decks

Junk Rises
Depths terror 
Heroic Spirit

A small black widow appeared in front of me ‘what is this’. I guessed Jaden couldn’t see it because I had watched enough anime's to know when you get sent to another world you get a system others can’t see.

I am your system you were sent to this world because you died in your sleep whilst holding a Yubel body pillow. Now please select 1 of the aforementioned custom decks you created.

‘My Junk deck is good at reusing monsters from the graveyard where as my Depths terror deck is built for surprise attacks and flip affects were as my Heroic Spirit deck is built for upfront combat’. I stared at Jaden “sorry I spaced out for a bit what is it”.

“If you want to try out for the Duel Academy you need to go now” I nodded and followed him. ‘System give me my Junk Rises deck’.

Confirmed you have selected the Junk Rises starter deck.

New mission: get accepted into Duel Academy 

Rewards: 1 Junk Rises booster pack
Failure penalty: Death

I felt a something materialise in my back pocket, I need chocked when I saw the failure penalty “are you alright dude” I saw Jaden turn to face me.

“Yeah I’m just a little bit nervous” he patted me on the back.

“I wish you the best of luck, maybe we will be in the same dorm” I heard him laughing.

“Yeah maybe I’ll get to duel when we pass” I shook his hand “Well we need to get going then”. As I walked off I heard the announcement that the exams were nearly over. I quickly rushed over to the arena a man with a clipboard greeted me.

“Name?” I tried to recall what my Yugioh name was for my character. 

“Thomas Falcone” I could see the man flip through the clipboard.

“Arena three you are lucky the exams are nearly over” I thanked the man and ran towards the stadium with a giant number three over it. There was a tall woman with long brown hair at the other end of the arena.

“Candidate 32451 Thomas Falcone I will be your tester today good look, please take up your starting position.” I saw a screen light up and it showed our life points.

4000 Thomas~ 4000 Tester D

We both drew five cards “You go first Applicant” I took a look at my hand.

Throw away

Junkyard

Upscale

Junk: Scissor Pigeon

Junk: Fridge freezer Polar Bear

I had a massive grin on my face “first I play the field magic card Junkyard” the field started to change into a massive junkyard. ‘I’m so glad that it doesn’t smell like a junkyard’ I could hear some people in the stand’s whispering. “Next I summon Junk: Scissor Pigeon” I could hear howling laughter coming from the stands mostly from the blue obelisk students. I could also see the examiner smirking as a small pigeon with rusty scissor blade wings and scissor handle feet emerged onto my side. 

“Ha ha ha he is using literal Junk to try to beat an examiner” I heard these crude comments and smiled.

“Junk: Scissor Pigeon effect activates dealing 200 damage to you for every card in your hand” I could hear some gasps as my pigeons started to flap its wings, five rusty scissor blades flew towards the examiner and hit with perfect accuracy.

4000 Thomas ~ 3000 Tester D

“And thanks to my Junkyard field spell Junk: Scissor pigeon can have a friend accompanying him. Give a big warm welcome to Junk: Fridge freezer Polar Bear” no soon had I said this a large white old timey fridge freezer emerged onto the field. Parts of its paint was chipped and parts of it were rusty. A pair of clawed rusty mechanical arms and feet shot out of openings in the fridge freezer. It started to stand up when its mechanical head popped out of the top it snarled at the Examiner.

“You should be thankful that he wasn’t normal summoned cause I can’t activate his effect but your suffering ain’t over. I activate a little card called Upscale” I heard some confused chatter as a giant machine appeared on the field. “Upscale allows me to send 1 Junk monster from my deck to the graveyard and raise two Junk monsters on my field to that level. I send my Junk: Lorry Rhino to the Graveyard.” I could see the card go into the machine then I saw it grab the two monsters on the field. It hit them with hammers, it polished them and it de rusted them at the end of the process they looked brand new.

Junk: Lorry Rhino

I could see the confusion on the examiners face ‘there isn’t XYZ  monster in this universe so this is going to be one hell of a surprise’. My smile grew larger as I held up my arms “Now I XYZ summon using my level 8 Junk: Scissor Pigeon and my level 8 Junk: Fridge freezer Polar Bear.” A large swirling vortex appeared above me and my monsters turned into bright lights and flew into the vortex.

“What the hell is he doing, have you seen anything like this”

“This doesn’t feel natural I just felt a chill go down my spine”

The crowds could only look on as something started to descend from the vortex. “Come forth my dear friend, they called you useless and tried to decommission you. But you fought back and proved your worth but now I must call upon you to help me prove my worth. Bring forth all your might and all your power to help me in my quest to prove one mans junk is another's treasure. Come forth Forgotten Junk: Reactor core Dragon!”

Forgotten Junk: Reactor core Dragon

A large black rusty figure landed and kicked up a lot of dust. It had large mechanical  legs and small mechanical arms in the middle of its chest was a large red glowing light that blinked every so often. Its head was made out of cogs and scrap metal with a single enormous glowing red camera lens constantly refocusing on the examiner. I could hear the whispers growing louder and more worried. My dragon started to circle me and with every single step the ground seemed to shake a little.

“Hello old friend” I heard it roar and saw it expose its mouth full of jagged teeth, its teeth were just a mesh of broken rusty metal and broken cogs. There was an ominous red glow coming from the inside of its mouth. “I place 1 card face down and end my turn” I could see the examiner looked at my monster and her hand.

“I draw” her expression started to change from one of pure dread to one of hope. 

“I’m sorry I would love to give you a fighting chance I real would but I can’t risk losing I’m very sorry. I active my trap card Throw away we both must discard our hands and we don’t get to draw any cards equal to the number of cards thrown away.” Her face instantly changed as she sent her entire hand to the Graveyard.

“I end my turn” I could hear the crowd roaring at me hurling insults and mockery. 

“I’m truly sorry maybe we could duel again when the stakes are less high, but for now Forgotten Junk: Reactor core Dragon attack her life points directly”. My dragon arched its head back as the light on its chest blinked more and more rapidly. I could hear a grinding noise accompanied by a noise like a jet engine would make. Little beams of light slipped through the cracks of my dragons frame as its chest expanded. It finally flung its head forward and opened its mouth, a bright green flame erupted forth at terrifying speed.

As it collided with the examiner all I could do was watch as her Life points rapidly plummeted. As the smoke cleared and my dragon disappeared there was an eerie silence. The man who had told me were to go walked up to me “we will tell you were to go to wait to depart to Dual Academy”. 

I looked at the crowd most of them were students ‘I guess I’m going to be a topic of gossip among them for a bit I hope I get placed with Jaden’ 

Pov Zane Truesdale

I could only watch on as the column of green fire envelope the examiner I had never seen monsters like the one this kid was using. “Have you ever seen cards like those Zane” I turned and saw my fellow classmate Alexis Rhodes.

“No I haven’t and that thing he summoned what was with the speech he gave about it it was like he knew the card personally.” She nudged me slightly and chuckled.

“Well watch out him and that Jaden kid might give you a run for your money” I laughed slightly.

“Not a chance I could beat them both with my eyes closed”.

“Don’t say that you sound like Chazz” I shudder at the thought.

Some of my custom cards don’t have images because of how hard it is to get a very specific for them.

12