Chapter 4: Spirit
344 5 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was placed into a classroom and was made to write every single rule 500 times with Crowler watching me. I heard a bell ring just as I finished “well Mr Thomas that is the bell to return to your dorm I will escort you” I heard malice in his voice. 

“Hey Thomas I didn’t see you in lessons today” Jaden had rushed up to me. 

“Hi dude yeah I had to write every rule 500 times” I pointed at Crowler. I sighed “it’s getting late Jaden see you tomorrow” I waved at him before following Crowler. The obelisk dorm definitely lived up to the standards I had I did a slight whistle. I saw Alexis approach me and I waved at her I smiled as she approached me.

“Hi Alexis could you perhaps show me to my room please” she nodded and I waved good bye to Crowler. The place was massive and I couldn’t shake a feeling of uneasiness as I walked past some of the other Obelisk blues. Alexis quickly guided me to my room “why do I have a feeling that I’m not really liked here”.

“You just need to give them some time, they probably have heard by now what you did to Chazz” I nodded slightly as I closed the door. ‘System I want to claim my new starter deck’ no sooner had I said this a deck appeared on my desk side table. As I drew closer I could see a dark aura enveloping the cards. I took the first card off the top it felt like I was grabbing an ice cube.

“Nightmare: Aranya hum” I recalled that Aranya was Catalan for spider. I gazed up slightly as a cold breeze started to run rampant in my room. A small crack started to appear in the air just above me, it grew bigger and bigger before something finally punched through. It was a long spindly hairy limb with five bladed claw like fingers on it, it seemed to hit the crack more and more. As more pieces of the very fabric of space seemed to disappear I could see more of the thing slunk out. I was stood face to face with an imposing figure with bright violet eyes and a wicked smile filled with jagged teeth.

This is an Abyss Shadow a creature that takes the form and abilities of the card that it represents. It is like a Dual Spirit but it has some major differences unlike Dual Spirits these creatures are visible to everyone even those who can’t see spirits. Another key difference is whilst some Dual Spirits can cause injuries and damage under certain conditions, a Abyss Shadow acts like a living breathing creature so if you order it to tear a person in two it can and will do that to the best of its ability. 

You can only have 1 Abyss Shadow out at a time currently but this can change. Abyss Shadows can be recalled back into the abyss or they can hide in your shadow but those have keen eyesight may notice some differences between you and your shadow. You also can see what they see and hear what they hear.

I glanced up at the creature and noticed it did look awfully like the card that was in my hand. When I looked at the card the picture was blank but the name of the card had a ominous black aura oozing out of it. ‘Well what am I going to do with a eight foot tall spider monster’ I pinched the bridge of my nose. “Go into the woods until you find an abandoned building nest there until I recall you, silence anyone who goes to it” I paused slightly “but before you do show me who they are and If I say to leave them, leave them.” The monster nodded before using its single hand to open the window and then proceeded to leap out of it.

I yawned slightly as I quickly got changed and placed my new deck in a secure hiding spot.

Pov Jaden Yuki 

I stared out of the window over looking the sea “I wish I could have duelled Thomas today”. 

“Who’s that” I saw Chummley facing me.

“He’s a new student that is in obelisk blue and wiped the floors with Chazz.” I saw Syrus enter the room “I heard Crowler punished him by making him write the academy's rules 500 times.” 

“Wow that is harsh what did he do to deserve that” I asked as I sat down on my bed.

“I heard he called Crowler a girl” I chuckled at Syrus’s comment.

“Well the way he dresses and does his hair it can be confusing” I said laughing.

Pov Chazz Princeton 

I had watched Alexis lead the new guy to his room personally and it pissed me off. ‘Just cause you beat me once every one thinks you’re hot shit well just wait I will have my vengeance’. As I walked near his door I heard him talking “go into the woods…” I couldn’t hear the rest of the the conversation clearly “Leave them, Leave them” I couldn’t understand what he was saying. What was so important in the woods. 

Pov Thomas Falcone 

I slept like a log and my body could tell is was about as stiff as one, I was woken up by a loud knocking on my door. “Thomas wake up” I recognised the voice it belonged to Alexis. 

“I’m coming” I yelled as I pulled my uniform off the floor and quickly got changed. As I opened my door Alexis wasn’t there but was down the hallway. I rushed after her and patted her on the shoulder “whats up?”

“I had to wake you up or you would have been late for class” I scratched my head slightly and chuckled.

“I didn’t have time to put batteries in my alarm clock” I chuckled again as I followed her. On the way I saw Chazz glaring at me ‘geez he must have woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning’. I waved at Chazz and he scoffed at me It was pretty much what I expected of him. 

“Now who can explain to me what a Field Spell is hum?” Crowler was glaring at me “Mr Thomas can you tell the class what a Field Spell is?” I did a small cough and stood up.

“A Field Spell is a spell that goes in the Field Spell slot and it has an effect that usually affects the whole field or just one person, for example my Junkyard Field Magic card allows me to special summon a level 4 or lower Junk monster when a Junk monster is normal summoned, it also gives them an additional 300 Attack and Defence points

Placing a second Field Spell will destroy the previous Field Spell, Field Spells can be destroyed by any means like a normal spell.”

Junkyard

I heard a small round of applause before Crowler spoke “well that is correct Mr Thomas you may sit down now” his gaze turned to Jaden who was sleeping on the desk. “ARGH HUM Mr Jaden wake up!” Jadens eyes shot open.

“Wha whats happening!” I heard some people laughing and Chazz cursed Jaden under his breath.

“Mr Jaden Can you tell me the three types of Traps?” I could see the dumbfounded look on his face.

“Well you have urgh Normal Traps, Continuous Traps and urgh” Jaden seemed stuck on the last one Alexis put her hand up.

“Go ahead Alexis” Crowler said with a smile.

“The final Trap type is the Counter Trap” 

“Well done Alexis I wouldn’t have expected anything less from an Obelisk Blue” his gaze fell back onto Jaden. “Maybe you Mr Jaden need to be studying and learning instead of sleeping in class” another round of giggles and laughter quietly erupted. I sighed at the childish stupidity of my classmates reaction, I noticed a Ra Yellow staring at me I recognised the face it was Bastion Misawa. ‘Why is he staring at me?’ The lesson dragged on until that all important bell. The lunch bell caused a stampede and I was swept up in it. 

The lunch hall looked just like it did in the anime and I quickly lined up to get my drawbread. By the time I got to the counter there was none left, just then I felt someone pat me on the shoulder. As I turned around Bastion greeted me “hello there I noticed there is no food left so I have a proposition duel me and I will give you these”. He dumped a large bag full of draw bread onto the counter my stomach rumbled at the sight.

New mission: Defeat Bastion 

Reward: Bag full of Drawbread, Access to Hidden self.

If you lose you will get the bag full of Drawbread but you will lose access to Hidden self until a new opportunity arises.

I got my dual disk “It’s time to dual then, I’m hungry so I will make this quick”

“On the contrary It won’t be quick as I’m much better and much more prepared then your previous opponents.”

7