Chapter 4: Brown Wolf vs Black Bear
100 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sun managed to sleep for a few hours until she woke up with the feeling of something approaching her temporary den, the wolf became alert in a jump as for some reason she felt a familiar scent in the air, even though she had never felt it before.

Before she could think of how to escape what was closing in on her, the ground shook and nearly collapsed the earth on his head, luckily Sun got out of the hole in time. 'Damn that was dangerous... I better get out of here fast.' Sun started to decide on an escape route, but her curiosity got the best of her and the wolf tried to figure out what was going on.

The scene she saw was impressive, on one side was a brown wolf 5 times Sun's height (30 cm tall and 40 cm long, not counting the 20 cm bushy tail), on the other side a huge black bear about 3 meters tall and a body of pure muscle.

' Holy crap!!! Why do these things have to happen around me!?' As Sun complained she noticed that the black bear was badly injured, with a large gash on its left flank that looked strangely rotten and it had no left arm. The wolf was already intact, but that didn't mean he was at the advantage as a bear hit could seriously damage him.

' This is going to be ugly, I better get out of here.' Even so, she remained in the same place, out of curiosity since that brown wolf was somehow familiar to her, so she was worried about the outcome of this fight.

Bear and wolf were staring at each other without moving, Sun barely breathing from the pressure of the battle of wills. After a few tense seconds, the bear moved trying to knock the wolf down with a single blow with its heavy paw, but missed when the wolf dodged with great agility, but the bear insisted and prepared another attack.

The wolf was much more agile and avoided the blow by jumping towards the left side of the bear, taking the opportunity to attack the already injured side of the black bear, which roared in pain and almost fell to its knees.

The wolf tried to bite the opponent's throat as the bear staggered, but the bear managed to react in time and hit the wolf in the face, throwing him against the tree that Sun was using as a burrow.

The wolf spat blood and some teeth, probably its jaw was dislocated with that powerful blow, the wolf tried to get up but when he was halfway up the bear's heavy paw hit him again keeping him on the ground. ' Go get the fuck up!!!' Sun tried to encourage the wolf with her thoughts, but it didn't seem like it would help.

Sun couldn't control himself anymore and decided to help the brown wolf in his fight. ' Fuck I'm going to regret it later, but I don't care...'

[New Quest Set: Help a Strange Acquaintance - Defeat the Great Black Bear.]

[Standard Difficulty]

[Reward: 2 levels, 5 stat points, 2 skill points, 10 coins]

Sun moved cautiously and could tell the bear was on its last legs by its heavy breathing, so it was likely that he would have to end this battle quickly, making the situation more complicated in her eyes.

As Sun positioned herself behind her target she could see that the brown wolf was biting the bear's wrist with the intention of tearing off the limb, which made the injured bear angrier and with a clear desire to slash the bite.

Sun took advantage of the bear's distraction and attacked the large exposed wound with his claws, it was much shallower than the wolf's blow, but it was enough for the giant to howl in pain again.

The bear winced from the pain and fell to his knees, Sun attacked again, biting its neck with all his strength, the brown wolf took his opportunity to remove the heavy paw that pinned him to the ground, then leapt for the bear's neck as well.

The bear screamed as the brown wolf bit down hard, he ignored Sun as his strength could not bring him down. Using his claws he penetrated with all his remaining strength into the wolf's torso, which was forced to open its jaws, so the bear hurled the two wolves away.

[-150HP]

[HP 30/180]

' Fuck!!!' Sun groaned as he hit the ground with great force. 'One direct hit and I'm fucking dead for sure!' Sun looked at the wolf lying next to her with blood running down her side marbling the brown fur with shades of red. ' Fuck, it was shit once and for all.'

Just then Sun turned her gaze towards the bear and she saw him falling lifelessly on his face. ' Couldn't stand the wounds stubborn son of a bitch.' The wolf concluded feeling the tension leave her body. ' Fortunately...'

[1000 EXP]

[User has reached level 4]

[+1 skill point, +5 stat points]

[Basic Berserker skill added to skill store]

[Mission accomplished]

[+2 level, +5 stat points,
+2 skill point, +10 coins]

[User reached level 5]

[+1 skill point, +5 stat points]

[User reached level 6]

[+1 skill point, +5 stat points]

Sun didn't have time to think about completing the mission when he saw the brown wolf on his feet again as he checked the black bear's body. The bloodstain was still visible but the gray wolf didn't see the wound and came to the conclusion that he had an absurdly strong regeneration ability.

The wolf's eyes began to feel heavy as adrenaline began to leave her blood. Fatigue overcame her conscience, but she noticed the brown wolf looking at her with an affectionate expression. Sun plunged into the world of dreams before asking why he looked that way at a stranger.

3