Chapter 13: Hunters
58 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few days have passed since Sun started to learn about magic, and the wolf was already able to use it during a fight against some common beasts that the deer forced her to hunt for training.

Sun targeted a rabbit and summoned a fireball that shot towards the rabbit. The deer explained that the wolf could control the direction and shape of her magic, but she still didn't have enough practice for that.

[+50 XP]

'This is still so fucking tiring…' Sun thought breathlessly as she watched the rabbit turn to ash. She had already gone up a level during that time, which made it a lot more helpful in your overall progress.

“Good enough for now… I think it's time to test it against a real opponent…”

Sun shivered, imagining the beasts she would have to face in the near future. ‘Shit…’

“I have something in mind…” The deer started to walk and Sun followed closely, watching his movements, she knew he was physically strong, but now she was more aware of the magical power he exuded.

Sun tried to find that source of magical power in the brown wolf, but he couldn't find it. She asked the deer about it and he explained. “Not everyone has a talent for magic, so your body will be the only thing you have to focus on. That's why he's busy with his next evolution."

************************************************** *******

A girl was running through the woods with a black wolf cub in her lap. The little wolf had a wound in his left eye that remained closed.

A feline snarl made the girl freeze as she tried to find where her attacker was coming from. She didn't have time to react as she was hit in the side.

She struggled to her feet and faced the reddish-furred feline. “I'll save you little wolf” She said while stroking the cub's head.

************************************************** *******

Sun was looking for other targets to practice her magic on, the deer wasn't with her at the moment. ‘Anyone will do… I want to level up soon as fuck…’

Sun continued exploring the forest, but I felt that something was wrong. That place was very quiet, something that with the few days she spent there she had already noticed to be impossible.

Life overflowed in that place, so that silence deeply bothered the wolf, who went into a state of alert. Those who were watching her closely decided to act at that moment of confusion.

Sun sensed danger and leapt away as several blades landed where she was, the wolf noticed some liquid trickling down the edge of the small dagger. 'The son of a bitch wants to poison me…' She looked down at her arm and noticed a small cut on it. A feeling of numbness began to take over her body, but she managed to resist it due to her ability to resist poisons.

"The little bitch is stronger than she looks." A deep voice spoke, not directly to the wolf, but she could hear it.

"That's fucking good, we need to get the most useful ones." A squeaky voice responded to the first's comment.

Sun started looking for the owners of the voices until he felt another attack coming on. The wolf dodged, but was wounded again, and the feeling of numbness became stronger.

"Let's just delete it, bitch." A female voice spoke directly to her, but he didn't seem to know that the wolf understood those words.

Sun looked towards the female voice and saw a woman who was approximately 170 cm tall. 'Bitch is, you old bitch!!!' The wolf guessed the woman's advanced age from the gray in her hair.

The woman noticed the irritated look, but she wasn't intimidated, she was probably already used to dealing with similar situations, so she concentrated on playing with her hunting knife. "Hey you idiots, one of you put her in the bag and let's go back to camp."

'I have to get the fuck out of here soon…' Sun tried to move, but his body was too heavy for that, and he could hear the first voice saying. "She's quite resistant to Vera's sleep aid. If the others are too, will it work?"

Vera stopped playing with her blade for a few moments as she gathered the right words. "Of course it will work, do you doubt, Ger?" She looked at the two in front of her, who were simply silent. "Good… now put her in the bag. The other group must have already returned with the female dog they were tracking."

1