Chapter 15
171 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I'm currently outside. In the back garden. Sitting. Chilling. Pondering about so much stuff.

Well, It's been a while now since we settled down in our new house... and all I can say is that I think we are pretty all set already. In fact, I think I might have overdone it actually.

Food? We had so much food. We can stay here for months and still not run out of it.

Water? It's still running currently but even if it does stop, we already stored some in the containers here. Enough to supply us for quite a long while.

Guns? We have so much of it now that we can equip everyone here with guns and still have spares. I don't think we need more of it to be honest. Besides, we rarely use it against Zombies.

Now when it comes to our house, well, it is as fortified as it can be. Unless the zombies here became World War Z like, then I don't think they would be able to enter this place. Cause not only the fences here are built for these kinds of situations, but we also placed bus-Kun in front of the gate, making it impossible for the zombies to even come close.

Unless they climb to the roof, which is very unlikely to happen.

Overall, as I said, we are as settled as we can be.

But, even though that's the case, one might question me about the reason why I still look pretty stressed out. Even though I already achieve all the things I wanted to achieve.

Well, DUH~. It's not like I already developed a serum that could clear these bitches out. The story is not done yet and problems will only get worse here on out.

There's also this fact that after this, I don't know what will happen anymore.

In the very first place, I'm not an avid fan of the Anime. I remember watching all of it but it's been so long already that my memory only extends at this current point. Once we leave this place, just like what I've been doing so far, I won't be able to point ourselves in the best direction possible anymore.

True, I can still give pretty logical ideas to the group cause sometimes, these people create the most questionable decisions ever, but it wouldn't be as perfect as before.

Oh well, I guess I have no choice but to adapt.

In any case, thankfully, my memory still remembers one more thing. One of the reasons that is making me so stressed out currently.

It's the scenario that is about to come up later. The same scenario where Takashi and Co decided to save a little girl a few blocks away from here.

Yes, I'm thinking what would I do about that situation. Do I save the little girl? Or do I not? I'm having quite a hard time deciding.

Personally, if only I can decide, given the technicalities and how much we could potentially lose just to save her, I wouldn't budge. I'll just turn in a blind eye, whatever.

Now I am aware that I might sound like an asshole saying all this stuff but, is she that special? Does she have the vaccine in her blood that can potentially save this world? Cause if not then, in my opinion, she's not worth it.

All kinds of people in this world, both adults and young kids, die as seconds go by. Even on our way here, we passed a bunch of kids running for their life, getting trapped in the car, and watching it all as their parents get eaten alive. Did we stop by and help them all? No, we did not.

What made her so special then? That's what I thought. Other than her getting screen time in the anime, nothing. Nothing at all.

Obviously though, Righteousness and Morality exist so I just can't say these things out loud. I mean, even I hate myself for having these kinds of thoughts so I could only imagine how others would react to this if they knew.

So my decision right now heavily leans on saving the girl. But another question comes up if I choose to do that. How in the world would I even do it?

If I remember correctly, in the anime, not only do they not get enough rest cause they need to leave the house immediately after saving the girl since they created so much fuss doing it, but they also lost ammunition and the bike. All of that, GONE, just for one single BRAT.

Now if we are going for the same route, I can't let these guys do the rescuing cause given what we have now, *stares at Humvee-chan*, I can only imagine what chaotic fuckery would they cause. And I can't let that happen.

Given how emotional these bastards are, I can't let them interfere.

Now for how I am going to do it...

*Sigh*

"... Guess I'll have to do it myself."

Which is pretty dangerous. But I'm sure it'll be fine.

Besides, there's still quite some time before that scenario comes. We arrived here so early that even after all the things we have done in the place, there was still an hour left before the dawn comes.

I have so much time that I can not only plan how I would do the rescuing, but also make progress toward some of my... "goals".

Actually, now that I remember it, let me do just that first.

I mean... Why not?

____________________________________________________

"Yo! Takagi."

"Kyaa~"

Saya squirmed as I suddenly pinched her neck while she was busying herself doing stuff.

"Wh- What are you doing!?"

She seemed pretty pissed as she stares at me with his "I'm gonna kill you" look but, that won't work on me. After all the tsundere tropes I've seen in different anime, I became quite immune to this kind of stuff already.

So, ignoring her attitude, while looking pretty deep in thought, I said...

"Do you know how to handle a gun?"

"What?"

She seems pretty startled by my question and... can't blame her for it. My question came literally out of nowhere.

"So? Can you or can you not?"

"... O- of course idiot, I can! I'm a genius! What do you take me for!"

That's a lie. Of course, I know she cannot. I'm pretty much aware of it.

"Bullshit."

"What? Y- YOU..."

"Here."

She was about to make another outburst after hearing my words, but she got cut off when I suddenly grabbed one of her arms, pull it closer to me, and then hand her a gun.

"Keep it always on you and try learning it."

She was again, startled by it. She glances at a gun for a couple of seconds and then looks up at me, looking confused.

"Why are giving this to me?"

"Well, what else? To protect yourself of course. Are you really just going to rely on us to protect your ass? Are you that incompetent?"

"Do- Don't mess with me! I can do anything if I put my mind to it you know!?"

"I know."

"Huh!?"

"... I know you are more than capable. Why do you think I gave you the gun?"

"W- what?"

After this, silence covered both of us. Well, she seems pretty shocked that for some reason, I agreed with her... even though throughout this whole time whenever we get into a conversation, we are always on a clash.

"... Anyways, learning how to use that should be easy for you. You're a genius, right? I believe in you." Said by yours truly with the most charming smile I could muster up.

"I trust you."

Now after hearing what I just said, Takagi's face reddened for a bit. It's quite hard to see cause blushing in real life isn't as exaggerated as how it was in the Anime, but I'm quite sure of it.

I'm sure that it happened.

In any case, immediately after I said my piece, I turned around and then start to walk away. Not even giving her a chance to say anything.

"Wait!"

She tried calling out to me but, I proceeded to walk downstairs. Disappearing in her sight as if I didn't hear her at all.

Well, it doesn't matter now anyway. My mission here is already done.

The results of it? Well...

HIHIHIHI~ MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Of course, MISSION SUCCESS.

"Now onto the next target."

_____________________________________________________________________________________

10