Chapter 58: Shifting Blame
93 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Gu worms in his hands decreased one by one, while the reward points on his person rapidly increased.

Seventeen Rank 1 Gu worms, twenty-three Rank 2 Gu worms, and sixteen Rank 3 Gu worms.

For the seventeen Rank 1 Gu worms, it cost 1,870 reward points. For the twenty-three Rank 2 Gu worms, it cost 10,120 reward points. And for the sixteen Rank 3 Gu worms, it cost 21,200 reward points (the first four were 2,000 each, while the remaining twelve were 1,100 each).

A total of 33,190 reward points!

Combined with the previous remaining 17,000 points, Zhou Ming's total reward points skyrocketed to 50,190.

Over 50,000 reward points!

"Indeed, to earn more, one must rely on buying and selling. The opportunistic Gold Waistband, the diligence of working without a place to bury oneself. The meager amount earned from fighting for one's life in the plot worlds means nothing!"

Thinking like this, Zhou Ming casually exchanged 30 pieces of pure soul crystals, consuming 15,000 reward points.

After accumulating from one plot world, Zhou Ming's soul strength had already reached the level of 45 people.

After the 30-day interval of this mission, his soul strength would reach the level of 75 people.

If he was lucky, by the end of the third plot world, he would achieve the Hundred-Man Soul achievement!

The Hundred-Man Soul was the limit of ordinary souls' advancement, and it was also the limit between life and death.

If the soul surpassed the Hundred-Man Soul, even if it was only by a little bit, the soul would explode and perish.

However, this limit could be broken through. As long as the soul could be condensed, the capacity could be increased, and the soul strength could continue to improve.

Strengthening the soul was an accumulation of quantity, while condensing the soul was a qualitative change. It was like transforming foam into soil, soil into stone, and stone into reinforced concrete.

In soul cultivation, both quality and quantity went hand in hand, and one must not slack off in either aspect. This was the first principle that every soul cultivator remembered.

"To achieve the Hundred-Man Soul, the investment is massive! If I were to rely entirely on soul crystals for advancement, it would cost over 50,000 reward points!"

Zhou Ming sighed and couldn't help but indulge in fantasies.

"If I had the Dang Hun Mountain and the Luo Po Valley..."

The Dang Hun Mountain and the Luo Po Valley are both Secluded Domains of Heaven and Earth. The Dang Hun Mountain produces the Guts Gu, which can directly strengthen the soul, while the Luo Po Valley produces the Bewilderment Fog and the Luo Po Wind, which can refine and enhance the soul, increasing its load capacity.

These are the two supreme treasures of soul cultivation, the two holy lands in the minds of soul cultivators.

"However, even though I know where the Dang Hun Mountain and the Luo Po Valley are, the timing is not right now, and I'm not sure if my information is accurate."

"And besides, with my current level of strength, thinking about these things is still too far off."

Suppressing those useless thoughts, Zhou Ming exchanged ten Red Steel Relic Gu, consuming 4,000 reward points.

"Earn fast, spend fast. Twenty thousand reward points gone in an instant."

Feeling a sigh about how money flows like water, Zhou Ming turned and left the main god space.

The days to come would undoubtedly be busy, and Zhou Ming was prepared to travel around.

The next day, Zhou Ming went to the second market disguised as a Rank 3 Gu Master. He dispersed the Red Steel Relic Gu he had and successfully purchased a White Silver Relic Gu and a Deceiver Gu, which allowed him to change his appearance.

Then, he went on a buying spree for Gu worms, while also replenishing the food needed for his own Gu worms.

On the second night, Zhou Ming's reward points returned to 50,000. This time, it was slightly less than before because the suitable Gu worms available in the market had decreased further, and Zhou Ming had to buy more expensive Gu worms for exchange.

"No, this won't work. The market resources here are depleting day by day, and the harvest is inevitably getting lower and lower. I have to go out and change the situation."

On the third day, Zhou Ming didn't go out again because Zhou Hao and the others had returned.

Having received the news in advance, Zhou Ming waited at the entrance of the Warm Pool Valley before their return and soon encountered the four returning individuals.

No, it was three individuals.

Seeing the three of them with bloodstained clothes and downcast expressions, Zhou Ming's heart sank, and he quickly went forward to greet them.

"What happened?" Zhou Ming rushed to the three individuals and asked eagerly, "Where is Zhou Hang?"

"Zhou Ming?" Zhou Hao's face was filled with exhaustion, bloodshot eyes making him look like he hadn't slept for three days and nights. However, he still keenly sensed Zhou Ming's aura and exclaimed in surprise, "You..."

Using the Deceiver Gu to disguise his aura as that of a newly advanced Rank 2, Zhou Ming still managed to astonish Zhou Hao. After all, it had only been ten days since they last met.

Before Zhou Ming could respond, a loud shout interrupted them.

"Get out of here!"

The third person among them forcefully pushed Zhou Ming, trying to shove him away, but failed to move him.

Zhou Ming looked at the person with a furious expression, unable to conceal the sadness and exhaustion beneath his fierce demeanor. He sighed, grabbed his wrist, and slowly pried open his hand.

"Zhou Yu, go back and rest. Let's discuss whatever it is tomorrow."

Seeing the state of the three individuals, Zhou Ming could naturally guess what had happened and why Zhou Yu was directing his anger at him.

"Don't act all righteous here!" Zhou Yu forcefully shook off Zhou Ming's hand and shouted angrily, "I don't want to see you, stay away from me!"

He bypassed Zhou Ming and ran angrily towards the Warm Pool Valley.

The third person in the group, Zhou Ke, also glared at Zhou Ming with resentment before chasing after Zhou Yu.

"You two..." Zhou Hao yelled, but he couldn't stop the two from slowly disappearing from his sight.

"Sigh." Zhou Hao looked at Zhou Ming and comforted him softly, "Don't take it to heart. They're just..."

"I understand," Zhou Ming calmly interrupted, "What did you encounter?"

"A minor beast tide!" Zhou Hao said with hatred, "Every time it's close to the ten-year Great Blizzard, the number of beast tides in various areas keeps increasing. But this time it came too early, still a whole year away!"

"A minor beast tide?" Zhou Ming contemplated silently, thinking about the large-scale hunting event that the family was going to hold in May.

It seems that the family had already been consciously preparing for it.

"So, this is not your fault." Zhou Hao patted Zhou Ming's shoulder and sighed again.

"When they calm down, they will realize their mistakes, and at that time, I will make them apologize to you."

"Apologize to me for what?" Zhou Ming smiled bitterly. "We are a team, and it's my fault for not participating in team missions. They have a reason to blame me."

"Let's forget about it," Zhou Hao waved his hand. "After surviving this ordeal, I'm exhausted. Let's discuss this matter when I've rested."

"Okay, I'll see you off."

"That works."

The two walked side by side, silently and speechless throughout the journey, not knowing what to say.

They remained silent until they reached the doorstep of Zhou Hao's residence.

"Alright, I'm here. You can go back now," Zhou Hao said.

"Okay," Zhou Ming responded, standing still, watching Zhou Hao open the door and walk inside.

"Rest well. If you need anything, find me," Zhou Ming suddenly said.

Zhou Hao paused for a moment, said nothing, and just raised his hand to give a wave over his head, leaving Zhou Ming with a departing figure, then closed the door.

Zhou Ming stared blankly at the closed door for a while, as if he had just snapped out of his thoughts. He turned around and walked towards his own residence.

"Zhou Hao, even if you don't say it aloud, deep down, you blame me too, don't you?"

He walked alone on the road, his shadow stretched long under the sunlight, revealing a hint of loneliness and desolation.

3