Chapter 65: Rank 4 Gu Master
69 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thud!

Thud!

Amidst the incredulous gazes of everyone, Yu Bin's two halves of a corpse fell to the ground like two torn rags, turning into two piles of mangled flesh.

Silence.

The entire battlefield fell into silence. Both sides, who were previously locked in combat, stared dumbfounded at the two piles of flesh on the ground and the young man standing alone.

No one could believe what they had just witnessed.

What had just happened?

The Rank 3 Gu Master, Yu Bin, who descended from the sky with great might, intended to obliterate a mere Rank 2 Gu Master in a single strike.

But then, that Rank 2 Gu Master sliced him in half with a single knife?

What kind of joke was this!

Unfortunately, reality never jokes with people.

Zhou Ming, who had already decided to reveal his true strength, had no more reservations now that he had killed a Rank 3 Gu Master.

Activating the Rank 3 Flying Grass Gu, Zhou Ming's figure instantly accelerated, leaving behind afterimages in the eyes of the onlookers. His speed was too fast, and no one could capture his movements.

The Blade Light Gu suddenly erupted with a bright blade light. With Zhou Ming's figure flickering, the menacing blade light covered the battlefield in an instant. Countless heads flew into the sky, blood spattered the ground, and the intertwining of blood and light created a breathtaking tableau of slaughter.

In just a few moments, all the enemy Gu Masters within a radius of hundreds of meters were mercilessly slain.

The enemy Gu Masters further away had been terrified by this terrifying slaughter and were crazily trying to flee.

For a while, the area within a hundred-meter radius centered around Zhou Ming became the safest place on the entire battlefield.

"Zhou Ming!" Zhou Hao called out, but he didn't dare to approach, looking cautious and guarded.

Zhou Ming looked at them and was about to say something when he suddenly looked towards the distance. There, intense fluctuations of battle could be felt as the high-level forces of both sides began to clash.

Zhou Ming knew that the enemy had Rank 4 combatants, and their five Rank 3 elders couldn't hold on.

If all their Rank 3 elders were to die, even Zhou Ming himself might not be able to escape, let alone Zhou Hao and the other two.

"Then let's go."

Making a decision in his heart, Zhou Ming's figure suddenly disappeared. In just a few seconds, he reappeared once again.

The time interval was so short that those around him thought they were seeing things.

He had gone to the main god space.

"Take this!" Zhou Ming rushed to Zhou Hao and directly stuffed a Flower Storage Gu into his hand.

"This is for the three of you. Decide for yourselves when to use it!"

Without waiting for Zhou Hao's reaction, Zhou Ming left these words and flashed his figure, activating the Flying Grass Gu once again, swiftly heading towards the center of the battlefield.

Zhou Hao refined the Flower Storage Gu in his hand, his mind swept over it, and he was immediately shocked to the point where he almost threw the Flower Storage Gu away. He quickly clenched it tightly in his hand and, after some thought, directly stored the Flower Storage Gu into his aperture.

What did he see?

Green Copper Relic Gus! So many Green Copper Relic Gus!

Red Steel Relic Gus! Enough Red Steel Relic Gus for the three of them to reach the pinnacle of Rank 2!

"For the three of us..." Zhou Hao suddenly looked up, but Zhou Ming's figure was no longer visible, leaving him stunned.

...

Zhou Ming moved swiftly, quickly crossing one battlefield after another, and arrived at the central area of the battlefield.

That was the battlefield of Rank 3 and Rank 4 Gu Masters, the place where the fighting was most intense. Gu Masters with lower cultivation automatically avoided it and dared not approach, for fear of being swept away by the aftermath of the battle.

The five Rank 3 elders of the Zhou family, facing four enemy Gu Masters, were completely at a disadvantage. They were being suppressed to the point where they couldn't even lift their heads, struggling to defend themselves with no means of counterattack.

The reason for this situation was simple: the enemy's Rank 4 Gu Master had made a move!

He was a Rank 4 Metal path Gu Master, currently mobilizing his Gu worms. His whole body became golden, like a golden statue, allowing various attacks to fall on him without dodging or evading, completely unharmed. His defense was astonishing.

Beneath his feet was a golden cloud, supporting his body as it floated in mid-air, overlooking everyone from a superior position.

Several golden rings surrounded him, their edges sharp as blades. They flew rapidly in the air, attacking the enemy according to his will.

There was also a golden centipede with gleaming eyes crawling on the golden cloud beneath his feet. Its eyes, the size of green beans, glared down below, seemingly searching for the right moment to attack.

With just this powerful Rank 4 Gu Master making a move, the Zhou family's five elders had no choice but to defend with all their might to withstand his attacks.

Fortunately, this Rank 4 Gu Master and the three Rank 3 Gu Masters he led were obviously not from the same family. They were unfamiliar with each other and their coordination was not good, causing mutual losses between their attacks.

On the side of the Zhou family elders, the situation was completely different. The five elders each had different focuses, either on offense or defense, and they cooperated with each other. Although they were struggling to withstand the storm of attacks, they ultimately didn't suffer much damage.

One of the elders' performance caught Zhou Ming's attention. He was a Wood path Gu Master, and at the moment, his whole body had partially transformed into a tree spirit. Green vines entwined around him, leaves sprouted from his hair, his skin turned brown like hardened tree bark, and his feet were entangled by the green vines, resembling roots that dug into the ground.

The Wood path Gu worms he used possessed tremendous power, surpassing the level of a normal Rank 3 Gu Master.

It was with his sustained output that the five Zhou family elders managed to hold on until now, without collapsing early.

However, although the Wood Spirit Gu was powerful, its side effects were quite terrifying. That was the inability to use the Gu for a long time.

Using the Wood Spirit Gu to transform into a tree spirit would continuously erode the body of the Gu Master. If used for a long time, the Gu Master's body would gradually petrify and eventually become a stiff wooden figure. Their consciousness would become dull and lifeless like a tree, making no difference between being alive or dead.

Judging by the state of this elder, it was evident that his body had already started to mutate. Even if he were to release the Wood Spirit Gu and exit the tree spirit state now, certain parts of his body would already be petrified and stiff.

"He won't be able to hold on for much longer!" Zhou Ming made an instant judgment and dashed towards the enemy Gu Master.

The Deception Gu reduced his aura to the lowest level, indistinguishable from the grass and trees on the ground. The Elusive Gu made his figure elusive and difficult to capture. The Grasshopper Gu increased his speed to the limit.

"Swish!"

A thick, dark green vine suddenly wrapped around the ankle of a Rank 3 Gu Master from the opposing side. Before he could react, the erupted force directly pulled him and sent him flying backwards.

"Oh no! Help..."

Before the Gu Master could call for help, a flash of a blade passed by his neck, and his head immediately flew off, while his body was still being dragged and thrown by the Iron Vine Gu, landing on the grassland a hundred meters away.

"Who is that?" The enemy Gu Master reacted and shouted in astonishment.

Zhou Ming's speed increased even further as he charged towards the enemy Gu Master. With both hands waving continuously, he threw out one spicy Pepper Gu after another, flying towards the enemy Gu Master like grenades.

"Dodge quickly!" The enemy Gu Master shouted loudly, either dodging or activating defensive Gu worms to resist.

Boom! Boom! Boom! Boom! Boom!

Bursts of bright red flames exploded in the air, creating a roaring gale and scorching heatwaves.

Two figures rushed out from the flames in a sorry state. Just as one of the coughing Gu Masters landed, a blade light suddenly appeared before his eyes.

The Gu Master's soul trembled, thinking that he couldn't escape death. But at that moment, a golden ring flew over and collided with the blade light.

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding!

A series of crisp collisions, the blade light flickered, the golden radiance rolled, but the blade light still couldn't break through a small golden ring.

As the flames dissipated, the Rank 4 Gu Master still stood motionless in mid-air. The explosions of the spicy Pepper Gu had not left a trace on his body.

Swish! Swish! Swish!

Several golden rings flew over again. Zhou Ming's wrist flipped and the blade blossomed, smashing one golden flower after another. However, he knew that he had lost the opportunity to forcefully kill another Rank 3 Gu Master and could only retreat helplessly.

In a flash, Zhou Ming had already retreated to the side of the Zhou family elders.

Seeing several elders scrutinizing him with guarded suspicion, Zhou Ming coldly snorted, "My name is Zhou Ming!"

"You are from the Zhou family?" The elders were greatly surprised "Which elder are you!"

"Nonsense! I am in the same generation as Zhou Lin!"

Zhou Ming shouted, and suddenly he saw another batch of golden rings flying towards the Rank 4 Gu Master. Immediately, he launched a counterattack.

Iron Vine Gu flew out like agile dragons, dancing left and right, knocking away the golden rings one by one.

"Ah--

!"

A sharp roar suddenly resounded. The scream of the Ghost Howl Gu carried a power that could penetrate one's soul, spreading wantonly on the battlefield. Everyone who heard it couldn't help but clutch their heads, feeling a piercing pain like needles in their brains.

The attack of the Ghost Howl Gu was indiscriminate, affecting both enemies and allies. This attack by Zhou Ming affected everyone within range, including the Zhou family elders behind him.

Even the elder who was in a dazed state due to using the Wood Spirit Gu showed a look of pain in his eyes, and then his consciousness returned to clarity.

The only one on the field who seemed unaffected was the Rank 4 Gu Master standing on the golden cloud.

Both of his eyeballs had turned golden yellow, and he looked coldly at Zhou Ming while crossing his arms. Suddenly, he pointed his right hand towards Zhou Ming.

Hiss!

The golden-yellow centipede, about the size of a child's arm, suddenly raised its head and looked at Zhou Ming. Then, its body sprung forward like a yellow arrow, charging towards Zhou Ming.

Zhou Ming didn't dodge or evade, and the blade light Gu in his hand once again emitted a brilliant gleam. With his mastery of the Blade Path, the Rank 3 blade light Gu displayed an unimaginable power.

The blade light continued endlessly, illuminating the surroundings. In an instant, Zhou Ming lost track of how many blades he had released. The body of the centipede disintegrated in mid-air behind Zhou Ming.

Pieces of shells and numerous thin legs scattered and fell, emitting the final golden light under the sunlight before disappearing without a trace.

2