Chapter 105 – Freedom
54 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The authority of the Heavenly Dao world wasn't granted freely by the Heavenly Dao; rather, it was a benefit of the War Reaper skill obtained through battle.

Even as the ruler of this world, Niu Chang had limits on what he could do to counter the evil miasma.

Once he contained all the evil miasma within a small jade pendant, he found himself unable to personally affect it in any way.

The limitations of the system persisted.

Without any disturbances, his two followers successfully underwent their breakthroughs to sainthood.

There was no display of seven-colored light or grand phenomena, as the owner of this world prohibited such visions from appearing.

"Master," Xia Yur leaped forward, momentarily flickering before arriving at Niu Chang directly. With her adult body, she easily embraced Niu Chang's child form.

Not in the mood, Niu Chang pushed her away with his palm. "Go, go somewhere else. Your master has something to attend to."

He quickly dismissed his followers.

Without a second order directed at her, Qiu Yue didn't bother Niu Chang, feeling uncertain about what to do.

‘I just woke up, and my savior told me to cultivate, and now I'm already a saint. When will I be able to do something to aid my savior?’

Meanwhile, on the other side, Xia Yue played with the three tiny worms, her curiosity piqued by these strange creatures.

Recognizing one's own limitations and devising countermeasures against them seemed like a simple task.

However, this seemingly simple task repeatedly failed in practice, especially in every single story that Niu Chang had read in his previous life.

As for Niu Chang himself, he had only one weakness, or rather, a limitation. The system forbade him from forming karmic bonds with others, essentially confining him within a boundless prison that prevented him from pursuing any desires he had.

Numerous methods existed to circumvent this limitation, but the time wasn't right for Niu Chang.

Now, being the strongest being in this world, it was the perfect time to put the plan into action.

A subtle rhythm emanated from his body—difficult to perceive by ears, but discernible to a sentient mind, like a heartbeat.

Niu Chang's form then blurred, as though transformed into ethereal elements, before ultimately splitting into two identical bodies.

The body on the left remained unchanged, just as it was before the mitosis occurred.

Meanwhile, the body on the right began maturing at an astonishing pace. Clothes were torn apart due to the rapid increase in body volume, creating a visually impactful scene.

No transformative light concealed the process; everything was a feast for the eyes. Shortly after, the fully matured man opened his eyes.

His black hair, long and clean, framed a physique that epitomized masculinity. Muscles were toned to perfection, forming a sculpted shape rather than an excessive bulge.

His face was indescribably handsome—a countenance of unearthly allure found only in the realm of dreams.

In tandem with his thought, an ethereal energy emanated from his body, coalescing into a simple white robe.

Simultaneously, both bodies gazed at each other.

The smaller body was entranced by the perfection of the adult form.

He expressed his amazement with a click of his tongue.

Without the need for communication, the small body transformed into a stream of light and entered the adult form.

"Now, I am free," the adult body said casually, though a sense of longing lingered.

"Free from what, master?" Xia Yue stood to the side, observing Niu Chang's mitosis and couldn't help her curiosity.

"What else?" The adult body turned his head toward Xia Yue, feeling a surge of passion emanating from a certain part of his body as he looked at her.

With her long, bright crimson hair, captivating face, and enchanting figure, she epitomized beauty by any standard.

The idea of indulging in desires for this follower crossed the adult body's mind, yet he managed to contain it.

The thought of acquiring freedom slightly changed his perspective.

"I'm free from my immature body," he concluded.

The adult body was Niu Chang, yet simultaneously not Niu Chang. The situation was complex since Niu Chang believed in nothing but himself.

To circumvent the system's constraints, this adult body constituted an entirely new existence, distinct from Niu Chang.

Given this, a name needed to be established to differentiate him from Niu Chang.

However, assigning a name would diminish his standing. Hence, both he and Niu Chang refrained from labeling him.

For narrative purposes, he would be referred to as Nameless.

It wasn't his true name, title, or nickname; instead, it served as a placeholder devoid of significance, leaving him unaffected.

Regarding Niu Chang, not the authentic one, as both embodied the true Niu Chang.

He transformed into an authentic energy core for Nameless to harness.

Through this approach, Niu Chang would persist in the initial realm of cultivation, intentionally avoiding advancement to a higher realm to preserve his system's potent support.

Simultaneously, Nameless could pursue his desires without fear of consequences, thereby increasing his level and attracting attention.

‘First goal: attaining God level!’ Despite drawing on the support of two supreme saints as energy sources, one's innate strength remained the primary focus.

Since Nameless was a distinct entity, he could form a karmic bond with Niu Chang. As his level ascended, the feedback he received from Niu Chang would intensify.

Empowered by the system's boundless energy, Nameless effortlessly elevated his level across every cultivation technique he knew.

Even though he aimed to avoid drawing attention, his unprecedented cultivation speed and the multitude of techniques he absorbed inevitably stirred the world.

A potent gust of wind surged around him, an intangible force that embodied the essence of Law.

Observing this awe-inspiring display of empowerment, Xia Yue couldn't help but yearn to comprehend it. For the first time, a sense of arousal surged within her.

While Qiu Yue stared blankly, a thought crossed her mind, 'Will I ever be able to assist my savior?'

She could sense the potent aura emanating from Nameless. However, in comparison to herself, her aura was indeed stronger—owing to her status as a saint—though Nameless was still distant from that level.

In the end, all she could do was sigh.

Benefiting from a direct link with the second brain, Nameless was able to smoothly raise his level.

It wasn't that he couldn't acquire his own second brain; rather, the second brain within Niu Chang had already reached an immense level. Without the direct supply line of the Death's Ignorance skill, Nameless would have perished within a second.

It was something a single being couldn't handle, at least not for all three of them simultaneously.

By channeling feedback directly through the karmic bond, then through the system, then to Niu Chang, and back to himself once more, he ensured a continuous supply of energy for his level-up.

After forty minutes, he successfully stepped into sainthood.

Then, over the course of a day, he ascended to the ultimate level of existence: Godhood.

To be precise, he attained a semblance of godhood, as he hadn't fully mastered his Law. His current state represented a false truth, as he still struggled to grasp the essence he sought.

Thus, with his second brain's aid and his own resourcefulness, he managed to ingeniously cheat his way to godhood.

He didn't neglect the evil miasma pendant, casually refining it into an artifact.

Its form transformed into that of a small accessory: two interconnected half circles forming the main body, accompanied by an intricate red centerpiece.

Thus, the Red Fate came into existence.

Its function was simple: to draw individuals in Nameless's vicinity into forming karmic bonds with him, which would then be redirected towards Niu Chang.

He hung the Red Fate at his waist.

"Let's go," Nameless beckoned his two followers.

"We have a stage to set."

With that, they teleported away from the dead zone.

1