Chapter 108 – This Is Why You Need to Deescalate the Tension
116 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the Heavenly Dao world, if Nameless were just an ordinary resident with some background, the most logical course of action at this moment would be to de-escalate the tension and clear up the misunderstandings on both sides.

Remaining silent and not cooperating would only escalate the conflict further, possibly leading to a great war just because someone refused to use their brain to solve a simple problem.

The soldier behind the jellyfish commander heeded her order without hesitation. They were soldiers who followed their superior's orders.

Whether they offended this unknown human, it was for their superior to handle.

The vice commander, the lady who had shouted at Nameless, was the first one to move.

She swiftly dashed forward, leaving an afterimage at her previous spot before reappearing in front of Nameless.

Without any hesitation on her face, she harshly tried to apprehend Nameless, not caring about his two followers.

‘Although appearance counts for only seven points, based on how militarily strict she is, she is a perfect subject to be subjugated. Make it eight points then.’

Without any problem, Nameless leisurely took his time to think about an irrelevant topic.

Just as the vice commander tried to grab Nameless, Xia Yue directly made her move to prevent it from happening. Following her script, she bellowed angrily, "How dare you!"

Pale, ghostly qi exploded from her body, directly attacking the vice commander. It transformed into numerous deathly pale arms, attempting to grab the vice commander.

The others followed suit to execute the order from their commander.

As for the commander herself, she shifted her gaze toward the source of the problem: the third-generation royalty of the jellyfish clan.

With his high background, this young master was well-known to the public for his glamorous life and extravagant indulgence.

But even so, no one had truly been able to teach him a proper way of living.

As someone who hailed from a humble background and had reached her current status, she couldn't do anything about this trouble-seeking young master.

‘It is only a matter of time before he starts a great disaster for the Southern Sea.’

Meddling with a royal member of the jellyfish clan was a dangerous and difficult problem to face. That's why those without equal footing would try to avoid them as much as they could.

In this dog-eat-dog world, strength and background were everything.

However, something seemed strange when counting the time. It shouldn't have taken this long for her soldiers to arrest the trio who were not immortals.

So, shifting her vision once again, she found that Nameless' two followers were able to hold their ground.

More soldiers entering the fight only increased the intensity of the battle.

Fire and ghostly qi danced in the air, parrying various attacks.

The young master himself was pleased to see his soon-to-be plaything performing so well.

Just as he wanted to communicate with the commander, a change occurred in the battle.

The weakling of the Soul Formation realm, Nameless, suddenly spoke. "I don't want to cause a scene, but you guys are forcing me."

He said with slight anger and reluctance.

He extended his hand toward the young master, who was sheltered inside the immortal bell protection, and with a blooming light from his palm, he made grasping motions.

The young master and his two attendants could feel heavy pressure crushing them from various directions.

Not long after, the two attendants exploded into a pulp of blood and flesh, while the young master was struggling to stay alive.

Various treasure lights ignited on his person as a form of his last defense.

The commander was surprised; she hadn't seen anything that posed a threat from Nameless, yet somehow, he could do something like this.

"Stop!" both she and the young master shouted.

"It's too late," Nameless said with slight contempt.

As he pulled his palm backward, the young master and his immortal bell protection were drawn toward Nameless.

The young master was barely clinging to life under the great pressure, but that was because Nameless thought it would be too easy for him to stay alive.

Of course, this was another mistake. Even if he were to directly kill him, it would still be just another mistake.

Even all of this development was a big mistake.

It was just ridiculous how such development occurred, whether it was the pampered and overly indulged young master, the character that Nameless played, or even the militarily strict commander.

Everything was like a soap drama that could only happen in cheap television programs with bad writers.

But even so, there was still a small chance of this really happening in real life.

As a soldier belonging to the jellyfish clan, it was her duty to save the young master no matter the situation.

She flipped her hand, and a spear appeared. The spear was made of metallic coral with a natural inscription on its surface.

It was her life-bound treasure, a genuine immortal treasure.

Although many immortals had life-bound treasures with them since it was just a perk from a cultivation stage before reaching immortality, not many were able to turn their life-bound treasures into immortal-level ones.

The requirement was too high, and the price was too steep.

Without any delay, she slashed forward, trying to save the young master.

But it was futile as she couldn't feel anything being slashed through her senses.

There was no connection that linked the young master with Nameless.

It had escaped her senses!

She took a quick glance at Nameless once again, trying to find the source of his power, but she was unable to see through it.

'There were two possibilities. Either he hid his actual cultivation stage to play around, or he had some power left by his backer.'

'No matter which one it was, the situation is very bad.'

'Although that bastard is only a third-rate royalty, his parents are too powerful, which caused him to be a bastard in the first place. If he died on my watch, my life wouldn't be spared easily.'

Gritting her teeth and cursing the stupid bastard for getting entangled with some unknown group of people without checking their background, the commander could only throw away everything she had learned about the dangers of the real world and face Nameless.

If she didn't make any move, then the royal family would hold her accountable. But if she made a move now, she would face an unknown force.

With death looming on both ends, she could only fight to her fullest while charging directly at Nameless, who was unprotected.

Xia Yue and Qiu Yue were busy with the rest of the soldiers.

Everything happened very quickly.

When the young master, still within his immortal bell protection barrier, arrived in front of Nameless, the commander also arrived behind him, ready to slash forward with her spear.

Nameless didn't react at the emergence of the commander, as another "treasure" protected his body.

He wanted to play the role of a tiger in sheep's clothing, so he couldn't rely solely on his own strength to face his enemy. He needed to utilize something that was his but not innately his strength, such as artifacts and treasures.

A translucent barrier blocked the spear's tip from harming Nameless.

It was so powerful that the spear suffered a complete rebound, transferring the shock back to the commander.

"Puff," the commander staggered backward, spitting out a mouthful of blood. Her face turned pale as blood drained from it.

Her body couldn't stop involuntarily shaking, followed by profuse sweating.

As the vice commander, she naturally needed to observe the overall situation on the battlefield. When she witnessed everything that had just happened, she was shocked.

"Leader!" she shouted and tried to help her commander, but she was blocked by another pale ghost conjured by Xia Yue.

"Get lost!" she roared as she brought out her own life-bound treasure, an elaborately designed short dagger, more for its aesthetic value.

But her rampage was futile when facing Xia Yue's strange technique.

"How can this be? You're only at the Tribulation Transcendence level. How can you block my attacks?" She was bewildered, as she clearly had a cultivation realm two stages higher than Xia Yue, but she couldn't do anything against her.

Meanwhile, on Nameless' side, he casually pinched his finger, causing the young master inside the bell protection barrier to be distorted in gruesome ways.

Whether it was a human or a jellyfish, they would undoubtedly be in great pain when distorted in such a manner.

His head was dented inwardly, and his limbs twisted beyond recognition before finally turning into an unrecognizable mass of meat with eyes, ears, lips, teeth, fingers, and other characteristics he once had.

1