Chapter 116 – Old God
71 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nameless didn't believe in the weakness of self-harming tendencies.

To be weak in the mind was to die by one's own hand.

The inaction and lack of proactiveness were the root causes for someone to sink into the sea of depression.

Only fools would pity themselves while doing nothing about it.

His current state was mainly due to his strong determination to move forward without caring about his surroundings.

As long as he succeeded, everything would be pardoned.

But the problem arose from this determination alone; he wanted to reach the peak but now found himself stuck on the highest place on the mountain.

Above him was the high sky that was out of his reach.

The contradictory feelings he had against the strength he now possessed and the inability to directly surpass the sky.

He was already the strongest, yet it didn't bring any satisfaction because he knew this was nothing but a forced circumstance.

"So, can I be relaxed at least for now?" Nameless asked himself.

Looking down from the peak of the fake universe, there was really nothing that could attract his attention. But the long process to break the limit was still far from his reach.

Taking a deep breath, he closed his eyes and began to reorganize his thoughts.

In the mental space, sitting on his throne, he saw the second brain consisted of three skills working tirelessly.

The previously simple Celestial Astrolabe that was composed of various rings now had evolved into a starry sky. It covered the sky like a galaxy spinning around.

The Lazy Tree now transformed into an ancient towering tree. It was like a mirage that existed within the mind domain, exuding radiance from its body, with leaves like old scripture used for replacement of paper.

Different from before, it no longer bore any fruit; instead, various progress it made was marked directly on the trunk.

The last of the three was the Chaos Sea. It wasn't visible like the previous two. Instead, it expanded to cover the entire mental space that existed within the secondary layer of reality.

With just a thought, Nameless commanded his second brain to do calculations for him. A convenience system prompt appeared in front of him.

It listed various information that he wanted.

What were his choices from now on?

After reading them, Nameless finally made up his mind.

The time Nameless spent in his ponder was not that long, but his entire person underwent a significant change.

"Well, I will do what I want then," Nameless said to the noncommittal Nine-tail.

He turned his gaze and flicked his finger. The hanging woman, the first person that Nine-tails pulled from the void, fell to the ground.

She readily stood on her foot without losing her balance. She stared at Nameless with wary eyes, then looked at the lying-down Nine-tails who occasionally yawned.

After watching the protagonist man being humiliated and ignored for the whole time, as the top love candidate, she wouldn't be that stupid to ask Nameless questions.

Who are you people?

What do you want?

Why are you doing this?

She was not blind nor deaf; at least, Nine-tails didn't seal up their senses.

So, if she asked those boring questions right now, it would be a disgrace for her intelligence.

At least for now, she needed to stand on equal ground first before trying to communicate.

That was the plan in the beginning.

But after listening to Nine-tails' monologue, she had a bad premonition in her heart.

It would be better if it were only a premonition, but with her intelligence, at least with a properly educated brain, she now knew that her fate was set in stone.

A mere plaything.

Even after knowing all of this, she didn't lose hope. At least not becoming a useless person who just breaks down in tears and begins a low-level drama scene.

Querty Radnon, she held her head high and faced Nameless without any discomfort.

"Let's fight," Nameless said to her. "If you win, you can go."

Nine-tails on the side didn't bother with them, and one of her tails flicked at Querty. Suddenly the void rippled, and a precious rapier popped up out of nowhere.

With a length of seventy-eight centimeters, a fine round guard on the handle, and a straight blade body.

Left with no choice, Querty extended her left hand, and a force pulled the precious rapier from the ground.

It was her main weapon that had accompanied her most in her life. A powerful artifact that even "gods" back in her world would meet their demise at its blade.

Containing the essence of "ignore" and "sever," there was nothing that the precious rapier couldn't cut through. But in the end, it didn't contain the essence of "cutting" itself.

So, comparing it with the artifact of "cutting," the precious rapier fell short in terms of rank, but it compensated by having an additional essence.

Nameless casually conjured a flat, slim long blade and waved it for a few times. He adjusted his strength to match Querty's strength in the process.

While Querty only saw Nameless remain unmoving, suddenly his posture changed into swaying a blade from fast to slow.

There was a missing process in between his previous posture with the sudden waving action. Querty was unable to tell the strength of Nine-tails, Nameless, and the other chat group members.

But from her observation, she knew these people were not your average "gods."

'The missing motion from his action should be that his movement was too fast that it escaped my perception,' Querty noted this in her mind.

While she was preparing for the battle, her surroundings changed.

It distanced herself and Nameless from Nine-tails' vicinity.

Nameless was ready to make a move but hesitated to either play like Bone who shouts his intention or not. But he dismissed this funny idea and directly attacked.

At least for now, he wanted a wholehearted battle that he never had a chance before.

His figure dashed like an arrow, leaving an afterimage on his previous spot. Querty was ready for this and launched a counterattack.

Their weapons clashed for a brief moment before Querty's rapier "ignored" Nameless' blade and went through, targeting his chest.

Nameless took a step back and lashed his left leg to gain some space.

Querty was being vigilant the whole time; she knew her enemy was lowering his strength to have a good fight with her. But that doesn't mean his enemy's strength would be on her level.

After all, watching how Bone played with the protagonist man for this time being, no harm was caused to Bone.

He was still as energetic as he was.

But Querty saw that Nameless was being dissatisfied; she thought this man would ignore the rule and increase his level because he lost just now.

Only suddenly the void near her rippled once again, throwing out another weapon. A sword made of black stone, crude and ugly.

"Pick it," Nameless said with some dissatisfaction lingering in his voice.

For the sake of having a good battle, Nameless didn't dig up Querty's past so he could get some surprise.

But after seeing how the precious rapier had the effect of "ignore," Nameless, with his enhanced battle instinct, knew Querty was lacking something.

So, without any need for communication, Nine-tails stopped her prank and sent another weapon for Qu

erty.

Picking up the black stone sword with a pulling force, Querty's momentum suddenly rose to a new level.

Nameless could tell this was what Querty's peak performance looked like.

A burning sensation lit up in his heart, the long-lost feeling of excitement ran through Nameless' body.

He switched his weapon from a blade to a staff.

Without having a sharp blade on either end, nor was it pointy on its tip. This weapon was purely for strength-based methods.

It was not to cut or penetrate but to break.

Nameless always wanted to test his breaking abilities. When he saw various fights and battles in his previous lives, he always wanted to see that instead of cutting a regenerative monster or stabbing the enemy.

It was not that effective when killing the enemy.

When a person cuts someone, then at best they will only cause some scratches to intensify the battle. Like some scratches on the shoulder or legs, to show how powerful the enemy was.

Or stabbing the enemy in the stomach only for the enemy to fight for another ten thousand rounds.

What a load of nonsense.

It was a matter of preference and obsession; Nameless wanted to show that his method was way more effective.

With a blunt weapon, he would break his enemy's body in one attack.

In his early days, he created the Impact skill. That was to deliver an aftershock with each attack so his enemy would not only suffer external damage but also internal damage.

But that was not the main focus; the main focus was that in a battle with a weapon, the enemy would always parry and defend their body with their weapon.

And this Impact skill was to stop this prolonged battle tactic by having each attack destroy the enemy's weapon and body.

Then there was also the Massacre skill, turning the user into a cold killing machine inhuman disguise, every move was calculated to achieve the most efficiency in killing.

No matter how Nameless convinced himself of how his method was the most effective one, only battle could prove it.

Soon, both Nameless and Querty resumed their battle.

Querty as a pure warrior with no magical power satisfied Nameless' thirst for a thrilling battle.

With a gorgeous visual dynamic, their battle became the focus for Ball and Farmer.

They already lost the touch of high adrenaline sport, so watching it right now, especially how Nameless applied their old method of killing, really gave them the entertainment they wanted.

The floor cracked and destroyed over and over again.

Shockwaves and air pressure were released from their basic attacks.

Even the bored Nine-tails began to be curious about their little match.

This battle continued for a period of time before finally the equilibrium started to tilt.

Nameless, who limited himself to Querty's level, didn't use any magic. But that didn't mean he abstained from using various enhancements on his body.

From this alone, he already won against Querty, who only practiced the way of a warrior.

As the battle continued, Querty started to become slower due to her energy being consumed faster than her regeneration.

Even so, Nameless still faced formidable resistance against Querty.

Finally, the battle concluded.

Querty, who was on her knees, was exhausted beyond relief. Even if her spirit was inexhaustible, there was a limit to her physical body.

Her once dazzling long golden hair stained with dried blood, her once smooth skin now full of cracks as blood oozed from it, her once graceful figure now turned into a ghostly statue.

Her body was no longer able to sustain her life, but her honed spirit kept her alive for a moment. She stared at Nameless who didn't have any change in his appearances.

Both of them were equal in everything, but the only differences were their foundation. Nameless was too perverted even for the regular person's standard. His body was stacked with various kinds of body refining techniques that made him an incarnation of strength.

As her death approached, Querty didn't resent Nameless too much. She lost in a rightful battle, so it was normal for her not to have hatred for her opponent.

On the other side of the battlefield, the protagonist man was watching their destructive battle and was desperate.

He was unable to fight Bone, who was clearly cheating, so he could only watch how his love candidate was beaten to the point her life hung on a single thread.

Amidst the fight, he roared and screamed.

But unable to shake off Bone, who was like a cliché in xianxia novels.

Face-slapping, auctions, and occurrences of secret realms.

Only then he regretted his indecisiveness for not being able to face himself to accept those who showed their affection to him.

On the ground, Querty's cloudy and tired eyes slowly lost their light. Even until the end, she didn't close her eyes in the battle.

Seeing the devastated woman kneeling with her back forced to straight up, and the unbending will to fight against her enemy. Nameless felt it was a pity to let her go for good, it would be better to pick her up and give her a position of a servant.

'What am I thinking? If I want it, just do it!'

Recalling his previous contemplation, he ignored his logic and followed his desire.

He extended his right hand, wanting to resurrect Querty.

A prolonged silence swept the entire white space.

It was just a fraction of a second, but for the Chat group members, it was like a thousand years.

At some point in time, all of the chat group members turned their heads like an arm of a clock, mechanical and straight.

On the corner of the white space, a figure was standing there looking at them.

Supported with a second brain, each member naturally had powerful brain capacity to know everything in their surroundings, even more so to things like fate, destiny, and causality.

But somehow, they were unable to notice how this enigmatic figure appeared inside the white space.

Bone, who had a comical expression once before, the soul fire in his eye sockets flickered, and other people except the chat group member disappeared instantly.

When the chat group members finally perceived the uninvited figure closely, a realization hit their consciousness.

"Origin of Wisdom."

A name, a title, a description. They didn't need to know about language to understand what those words meant.

"The Old God," Bone said softly.

0