Chapter 21 – The Mask of Hikari
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Aphrodite's death, Hikari's parents returned to their normal state. They observed Hikari in a state of shock, embraced by a young man they didn't know, and realized that something important had happened. The young man, Hiro, seemed to care deeply for her.

Hikari's parents approached her, and her mother asked in a gentle voice, "I see that Aphrodite has already told you the truth... Hikari, can we talk here? Is this young man with you your friend?"

Hikari, with her eyes still filled with tears, confirmed, "Yes, he is my friend and ally. Hiro has been by my side in every battle, and I trust him completely."

Hikari's parents nodded with understanding. They realized that Hiro was someone important to their daughter and that she needed him in that difficult moment. Her father approached Hiro and extended his hand to greet him.

"Thank you for taking care of our daughter," said Hikari's father with gratitude in his eyes.

Hiro shook hands with Hikari's father sincerely. "It's an honor to stand by her side and protect her. Hikari is an amazing and strong person, and I will always be here to support her."

Meanwhile, Hikari's mother approached and hugged her affectionately. "We missed you so much, my dear," she said, her voice choked with emotion.

Hikari held onto her parents tightly, letting her tears flow freely. "I thought I would never see you again... I missed you both so much. It was so hard being away from our kingdom..."

Their parents gently caressed their hair, sharing that moment of reunion and love. They knew how brave and determined their daughter was and felt immense pride in everything she had become.

The kings summoned Hikari, Hiro, and Ace to an imposing room in the palace. The massive double wooden door opened, revealing a spacious and well-decorated chamber. Elaborate tapestries adorned the walls, depicting stories of the royal lineage and important moments in the kingdom's history. The high ceiling was intricately crafted with detailed woodwork.

In the center of the room, there was a large oak table surrounded by ornate chairs, reserved for the kings and other nobility during important events and meetings. The table was covered with a beautiful marble top, upon which rested scrolls and ancient books, indicating the significance of the discussions and decisions that took place there.

Soft, colorful carpets adorned the marble floor, providing a sense of coziness and comfort. The room was a harmonious blend of royal power and sophistication, with its carefully crafted details and an atmosphere of respect and understanding among all present.

Seated at the head of the table, the kings invited Hikari, Hiro, and Ace to take their places in some of the chairs arranged around it. Despite its majesty, the room also exuded a welcoming and familiar air, with its intricately worked details and an atmosphere of respect and understanding among all present.

In that solemn and meaningful setting, Hikari could share her entire journey, from her encounter with the Signs of Light to the confrontation with Aphrodite. The kings listened attentively to every word, showing their pride in their daughter's courage and determination.

Upon hearing about Hikari's encounter with Aphrodite, Hiro interrupted, exclaiming, "If we already know the leader's location, we cannot waste time!"

The king responded to Hiro with wisdom, "Young man, be patient. If you go without a proper plan and without an army, you will be annihilated. From what I have heard from Hikari, you are the last hope of this world..."

The queen added sincerely, "Before we proceed, we wanted to apologize to you, Hikari. We knew about Aphrodite's plan shortly after the attack, but we couldn't call you back as you needed to grow stronger..."

Hikari, although showing some dissatisfaction at what she had just heard, replied with understanding, "It's alright. I know you did it for the greater good... What matters is that we are one step closer to saving the world!"

The king, with an imposing voice, drew the attention of those present in the throne room and directed his words to the trio formed by Hiro, Hikari, and Ace: "Hiro, Hikari, and little one, the Kingdom of the Elves is at your service! When you depart for the great battle, our army will accompany you and fight by your side with courage and loyalty!"

Hiro, surprised yet honored, asked cautiously, "Are you sure about this? We really appreciate the offer, but we don't want to put the kingdom in danger."

The king, maintaining his determined expression, replied confidently, "I have never been so sure in my life. I know you will face a daunting task, but we believe in you, and the fate of our kingdom is tied to the victory of this battle. Therefore, we don't hesitate to offer our help."

Hikari, moved by the offer of support from her people, addressed her parents with gratitude in her eyes, "Thank you, we won't disappoint you. We will do everything in our power to protect the kingdom and the people we love."

Then, Hikari turned to Hiro, whose expression still reflected a mixture of surprise and hesitation. With a warm smile, she suggested, "How about I show you the kingdom while we are here for a while? This way, we can rest, and you will also get to know more about where I grew up. You don't mind, do you?"

Hiro, somewhat unsatisfied with the idea of resting while the world was in danger, but also flattered by Hikari's affectionate gaze, replied sincerely, "Well, I guess we can take this opportunity for me to get to know the Kingdom of the Elves better. As long as we leave immediately after this period to face the enemy."

The kings, sensing the mix of emotions in Hiro, couldn't help but smile. The king, now in a lighter atmosphere, joked, "Enjoy your youth and what our kingdom has to offer. Rest, explore, and above all, strengthen yourselves."

The queen, with tenderness in her eyes, added, "Hikari, we believe in you and all of you. We know this journey won't be easy, but we also know the potential you have to overcome any obstacle. There are no words to describe how proud we are."

Hikari thanked her parents, stood up, and asked Hiro and Ace to follow her. Both agreed and left the palace together. Before departing, Hiro bowed to the kings as a sign of respect and gratitude.

As they left the palace, Hiro suggested to Hikari that they needed more allies to face the great battle. He proposed talking to Arthur, as he was certain he would help them. Excited about the idea, Hikari agreed and asked Hiro to dictate the content of the letter that would be sent.

Hiro began dictating the text, and Hikari wrote the letter to Arthur: "Dear Arthur, We have discovered the plans of the Signs of Light. They are determined to dominate the world by restoring the so-called 13th sign, which is the Demon King. They are very close to achieving this goal, with only 3 sign stones left to complete the ritual. We would like to request your help, as well as the help of your kingdom, to stop this evil plan. Could we meet in Hi in 3 days' time? Best regards, Hikari and Hiro"

Surprisingly, shortly after sending the letter, they received a response from Arthur: "Dear friends, I have been waiting for this message since you saved our village. Of course, we will be there to help! Best regards, Arthur"

Hikari and Hiro were relieved and thrilled with Arthur's positive response. Now, they knew they wouldn't be alone in their journey to face the Signs of Light and thwart their plans to revive the Demon King.

Hikari took something from her pocket and handed it to Hiro, saying, "Take this, keep it safe. The other Afrodite gave it to me before she died."

Seeing what Hikari handed him, Hiro was astonished, "Is this what I think it is? One of the sign stones!?"

Hikari confirmed, "Yes, now we have two stones. That means they won't be able to revive the 13th sign until the final battle."

This revelation eased Hiro's mind, knowing that the Signs of Light couldn't achieve their goal before the ultimate fight. With the sign stones in their possession and Arthur and his kingdom on their way to help, the hope of defeating their enemies and saving the world grew stronger.

Hikari said, "Are you ready to explore the incredible Kingdom of the Elves?"

Ace wagged both of his tails excitedly, and Hiro smiled seeing Hikari happy and rested. He replied, "Yes, I'm enjoying it a lot!"

Over the next two days, Hikari guided Hiro and Ace through amazing and magical places in the Kingdom of the Elves. They started by visiting the majestic Fountain of Life, a place surrounded by gigantic trees, where water flowed with a blue-green glow and possessed healing and rejuvenating properties.

Next, they explored the Forest of Lights, where luminous trees emitted a soft glow, creating an ethereal atmosphere. Small magical beings danced among the trees, filling the environment with joy and harmony.

Hikari also took her friends to the Enchanted Waterfall, a place where water cascaded from a breathtaking height, creating brilliant rainbows all around. The soothing sound of running water brought peace and serenity to everyone who heard it.

They also visited the Garden of Dreams, a place filled with exotic and colorful flowers, whose fragrance seemed to transport people to a world of fantasy. There, they could see magical creatures like fairies, sylphs, and nature beings, making the environment even more fascinating.

As they explored each location, Hikari told captivating stories about the Kingdom of the Elves, its history, and traditions. Hiro and Ace were amazed with each revelation, and their bond with the elves grew stronger with every moment.

On the last night, Hikari, Ace, and Hiro shared the same room. Hikari noticed that Ace had fallen asleep and whispered to Hiro, "Follow me."

Curious, Hiro followed Hikari to a tower of the castle and asked, "Where are we going?"

Hikari enigmatically replied, "Follow me to the top of the tower, and you'll soon understand."

As they ascended, the tower revealed its magnificence, with stone-carved stairs and magical symbols on its walls. When they reached the highest point, Hikari said with enthusiasm, "Welcome to the Celestial Tower, the highest and most sacred point of the Kingdom of the Elves."

When Hiro was confronted with the panoramic view before him, he was fascinated. From there, he could behold all the beauty and grandeur of the magical kingdom. Vast green fields stretched as far as the eye could see, dotted with crystalline elf houses that seemed to shimmer in the moonlight.

The harmony between nature and magic was even more evident, and the gentle sounds of nature filled the air, creating an atmosphere of peace and enchantment. From there, Hiro could catch a glimpse of all the magical places Hikari had shown them over the past few days.

Emotional, Hikari continued, "This is the Celestial Tower, a sacred place where our ancestors sought a connection with cosmic forces. Legend has it that from here, elves can glimpse the secrets of the universe and receive blessings from the ancient gods."

Hiro remained fascinated, observing every detail of the breathtaking landscape before him. He felt a part of something greater, connected to the magic that permeated that enchanted realm.

Seeing the admiration in Hiro's eyes, Hikari smiled and said, "Now that we've shared this moment, I'm sure you understand the importance of this place and why we must protect it. The upcoming battle is crucial for the survival of the Kingdom of the Elves and all the magical beings that inhabit it."

Hiro nodded solemnly, comprehending the magnitude of the mission ahead. He looked into Hikari's eyes with empathy and said, "Hikari, I know that behind that mask, you are suffering. Don't carry the weight of the world on your shoulders. King's death is not your fault either. You've done everything possible to help everyone, even when elves weren't welcomed everywhere, you never said no to anyone..."

Hiro's sincere words touched Hikari's heart, and she allowed the mask she wore to hide her feelings to fall. Tears began to flow down her face as she poured out her heart, "Hiro, I'm scared... I miss King so much... I don't know if I'm capable of facing all of this... I just wish I could go back in time and be playing again, without all these worries."

Hikari continued to vent, crying more and more, releasing all the burden she carried in her heart. Hiro, seeing that Hikari was finally allowing herself to let go, embraced her tightly and said tenderly, "Let it all out, Hikari. Let those emotions flow. I'm here for you, and together we'll face whatever comes."

And so it was throughout that entire night. Hiro stayed by Hikari's side, supporting her and listening without judgment. Hikari cried out all the weight she carried, feeling relieved to finally be able to share her anxieties with someone who understood her.

When dawn arrived, Hikari and Hiro were still in the tower, but now asleep, embraced. Hikari's tears had been liberating, allowing her to face the next day with a renewed breath and determination.

 

Will our Heroes be able to stand up to Signs Of Light?

0