Chapter 2
23 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

    Boston's sea water pours back.

    Niagara Falls frozen into ice sculptures.

    Even the waves have been frozen into works of art.

    This is all the news they saw after they arrived at this hotel.

    Fortunately, the blizzard is over and the weather is warming up.

    "Are those experts always talking about global warming, are you kidding me?" My cousin was grabbing a ham and complaining by the way.

    "This is the Great Lakes Effect. I taught you geography. You must not have studied it hard." Yin Guo was still asleep, standing by the toaster, waiting for his own slice of bread, and murmured, "If you want to come later, you must It won't be so unlucky."

    She originally planned to come in March and leave in April. But Meng Xiaotian insisted on arriving in January, and said that he wanted to adapt to the environment in all aspects and seasons. In fact, he wanted to take advantage of Yin Guo's presence, enslave her as a guide, and take him to New York.

    Meng Xiaotian knew he was in the wrong, and said with a smirk, "Give me a slice too."

    Yin Guo agreed.

    "sister?"

    "Um?"

    "Don't you want to thank the handsome guy?"

    With a snap, slices of bread fell onto the silver stainless steel tray.

    Yin Guo turned the bread over with a tong, and continued to bake: "I want to thank you, but I haven't thought about how to say it."

    "There is nothing to say, everyone is Chinese. I will push his WeChat to you."

    Before getting out of the car that day, Meng Xiaotian thanked Lin Yiyang's Wechat with a thousand words of gratitude, and he had the audacity to ask for Lin Yiyang's WeChat account, which counted as a first-line connection. It is said that in the past two days, my cousin also chatted with him on WeChat, which was very kind.

    Yin Guo was thinking in a mess, Meng Xiaotian pushed Lin Yiyang's WeChat over.

    Name: Lin.

    With a snap, the slice of bread fell again. Bake both sides.

    Yin Guo picked up a slice of bread, took a small box of butter and strawberry jam, and returned to the table by the window. The cousin behind him found that she forgot to bake bread for himself, and called her three times to no avail, so he had to fend for himself depressedly.

    Yin Guo put the plate on the red checked tablecloth, looked at Lin Yiyang's business card, and wanted to add friends, but hesitated for a while, but didn't. She put down her phone, picked up a fork, and buried herself in eating scrambled eggs.

    Thinking of that night, she was a little apprehensive. When the cousin and the man with glasses came back from the bathroom, they saw Lin Yiyang collecting his ID card. The man with glasses laughed and asked Yin Guo if he still wanted to read the information page of the household registration book? Anyway, it was broad daylight in China at that time, and there was a chance for Lin Yiyang's family to take pictures for her to see.

    It's so embarrassing.

    After Meng Xiaotian finished taking the food, he returned to Yin Guo, saw her holding a mobile phone hesitating, grabbed the mobile phone, and added Lin Yiyang's WeChat to himself: "What are you afraid of? There are more handsome men than people." OK."

    As soon as the application was approved as a friend, the other party accepted it.

    "Passed." Meng Xiaotian showed her the screen and sent her a smiley face.

    Yin Guo snatched back the phone.

    Looking at Meng Xiaotian's expression on the screen, he knew that he had to say hello.

    Holding the phone in her hand, she spoke carefully: Hello, I am Yin Guo, the Chinese at the bar that day is the sister and brother who helped you, I am the older sister.

    After sending it out, I felt that my self-introduction was too long-winded, so I wanted to withdraw it.

    The other party has replied.

    Lin: I know.

    So concise.

    Xiaoguo: Thanks for your help that day, we were able to get to the hotel smoothly. If you are free, my brother and I will treat you to a meal and express our thanks. Do you think it is okay?

    Lin: Are you not afraid of being cheated?

    Xiaoguo: ...I just arrived in New York that day, and I encountered a blizzard again. Sorry to make your kindness misunderstood.

    Lin: Easy to say.

    Xiaoguo: Are you still in Manhattan? We can go there.

    Lin: I'm at the train station, going back to DC.

    Back to Washington?

    "What did you say?" Meng Xiaotian asked.

    "He said he was going back to school."

    Meng Xiaotian chewed the bread: "Then let's go too, just to have fun."

    Yin Guo said "Huh?"

    "Go and play with him, anyway, I have nothing to do every day."

    "I didn't prepare in advance. Tickets and hotels have to be booked in advance," Yin Guo begged for mercy, "Don't worry about it, let's play in New York first. I'm not in a hurry to eat today."

    Besides, there is no one who chases after others to invite them to dinner, but they still chase from New York to Washington, which sounds abnormal.

    Seeing that Yin Guo was not happy, Meng Xiaotian stopped arguing.

    He dealt with the slices of bread three times, five times and two times, and then went to get a plate of food.

    Although this hotel has a restaurant and bar, the waiters will disappear once the meal is over. The blizzard hadn't stopped for the past two days, they didn't want to go out, they wanted to have lunch in the hotel, but after searching around, they couldn't find a single waiter, let alone a chef. In the end, the two were so hungry that they asked the front desk where they could eat. The American chick told them enthusiastically that the restaurant staff would not come back to work until 5:30. The two had no choice but to search for vending machines pitifully on the upper and lower floors of the hotel, trying to find a little food, but found that all the vending machines only sold drinks. In the end, the two returned without success. They chatted and drank water in the room, drank water and chatted online, drank water, drank water and surfed the Internet. After several hours, they finally ate steak.

    After that hunger, Meng Xiaotian has learned to be smart. As long as he can still eat breakfast, he will eat until he is full. When you are away from home, you must absolutely, absolutely not let go of any opportunity to get full.

    The conversation between the two about Washington ended in the breakfast room.

    Later, Meng Xiaotian didn't mention it again, and Yin Guo didn't take it seriously. She went back to her room to rest for half an hour, found the address of a nearby supermarket, and pulled Meng Xiaotian, who had been chatting on WeChat, out to buy daily necessities. They planned to live in New York for 3-4 months this time, and Yin Guo didn't bring any big daily necessities, so they planned to buy them locally.

    As soon as she entered the supermarket, she immediately went to the daily necessities shelf, while Meng Xiaotian went to the food section.

    Following the instructions on the sign, she was the first to go to the shampoo and body wash section, and quickly set her sights on the large bottle on the top floor. It happened that the two of them could use it for about three months. After stepping for a long time, she grabbed a bottle.

    "What should I buy?" Meng Xiaotian walked around.

    "Shampoo," Yin Guo went to find the bath liquid again, "Don't follow me, I have to buy a lot of things."

    There are also some that Meng Xiaotian cannot let Meng Xiaotian watch.

    The person behind reached out, over the top of Yin Guo's head, and took away the shampoo in her hand: "Let's go first, I'll buy it when I come back."

    The shampoo was put back where it came from.

    "I just took it down," and it came down from such a high place, "give it to me quickly."

    Meng Xiaotian couldn't help but pull Yin Guo up and walked out: "I just bought a ticket, and I'm running out of time. Hurry up and pack your things, or you won't be in time."

    "You bought the ticket? How did you buy it? Where did you buy it?" Yin Guo was confused. Didn't the two of them enter the supermarket together? I haven't separated before entering the supermarket. When did you buy the ticket?

    He shook his mobile phone in front of Yin Guo, showing the e-ticket to Washington: "The commander-in-chief taught me. I told him that you are a loser, and you can't even buy a train ticket. He recommended it." Give me an app."

    Meng Xiaotian was stunned, feeling that he could even handle train tickets, and he was growing rapidly.

    Yin Guo was shocked by Meng Xiaotian's big idea, snatched his mobile phone, and looked through their chat records. It's not just arranging himself to be stupid, he even confessed his family background to Lin Yiyang. Meng Xiaotian fully turned on the cute mode in WeChat, and explained to Lin Yiyang: I applied to the university here to adapt to life in advance, and visited a few more prestigious schools by the way. If I didn’t apply this year, I would continue next year. And Yin Guo was entrusted by his family to take care of his cousin because he had been here last year, and became his exclusive escort.

    In the chat history, the man didn't reply much.

    The last sentence ended three minutes ago.

    There is k at the train station, if you come here for the first time, give it a try.

    "What is this?" Meng Xiaotian asked her from behind.

    "Burger shop."

    "People are much more reliable than you, and you don't even tell me."

    "Didn't we just arrive?" Yin Guo was aggrieved, "There are also in New York. If you want to eat, I will take you there."

    Meng Xiaocai ignored Yin Guo's explanation, and pulled her back to the hotel immediately.

    He was inexperienced, and the ticket he booked was just two hours away. The two were completely unprepared and had no time to pack their luggage. They grabbed two pieces of clothes and a toiletry bag and stuffed them into their backpacks. They took their documents, credit cards and mobile phones, and rushed across the road to the train station.

    In the taxi, Yin Guo buried herself in picking a hotel.

    When she arrived at the train station, she concentrated on booking a hotel. I was on the phone with the staff all the way, choosing a room, reporting a credit card to make a reservation. Holding her backpack with one hand, Meng Xiaotian walked through the crowd, followed in the queue, and led Yin Guo forward.

    Swipe your ticket and enter the station.

    The two of them just got into the car as if they were at war, and most of the passengers in the car were already seated.

    "Find a seat next to each other."

    Yin Guo saw that this carriage was hopeless, one of all the double seats was occupied, so he could only go to the next carriage. After passing through two carriages, she saw an empty seat for two, put her small backpack under her feet, and sat down by the window.

    Meng Xiaotian threw the big backpack on the luggage rack and sat outside Yin Guo: "You said, this train doesn't increase the speed. From New York to Washington, we can run the high-speed train in an hour. When you buy the ticket, tell me It would take more than three hours, which shocked me, the fare of the high-speed rail, and the speed of the green leather car, absolutely nothing.”

    Meng Xiaotian was muttering beside him.

    Yin Guo refused to speak. She still doesn't understand why she was chased away by Meng Xiaotian and got on the train. She obviously just wanted to go to the supermarket, buy shampoo and daily necessities, and somehow go to Washington?

    Yin Guo looked at the platform outside the car window, and after a few seconds, something very important came to his mind——

    It seems that he didn't give him the car money that day?

    ***

    Before the train left, Lin Yiyang got on the train.

    He didn't bother to go back, so he picked a seat and sat down next to a black mother holding her one-year-old child. The child was crying, and the mother was at a loss. She could only pat the child distressedly and kept saying "sorry".

    In the comforting voice of the young mother, he took off his winter jacket, rolled up the clothes and stuffed them on the luggage rack above his head, and then stuffed his sports bag into it. He didn't sleep last night. As soon as he sat down, he pulled up his hat to block the light coming in from the car window, ready to sleep.

    "Do me a favor, can I?" the black mother's voice asked him.

    Lin Yiyang was so sleepy that he thought it was an auditory hallucination.

    The black mother asked again in embarrassment. He heard it a second time, was awakened from a half-dream state, pulled off his hat, rubbed his hands on his face twice, woke up completely, and whispered: "Sorry. "

    So, for ten long minutes after the train left the platform, he was helping the young mother carry her backpack, take out her baby bottle, and pour out milk powder... The other party saw that he was a man and dared not give him a two-month-old baby. He could only teach him one sentence at a time, make the milk well, Lin Yiyang shook it well according to the other party's request, and gave it to her.

    The baby's mouth, sucking on the pacifier, finally stopped crying.

    He couldn't fall asleep either, he had a headache and was sleepy, and his eyes were stuck in the baby's feeding movements. Finally, a shock in his pocket pulled him back from the empty.

    It's a WeChat message.

    He took out his mobile phone from his pants pocket, opened it, and there were 2 new messages.

    The first one comes from "It Doesn't Matter": Did you get in the car? I'll come to you next stop.

    The second one comes from "", this is the name Lin Yiyang gave to Yin Guo, and it is the bar where the two met that day.

    She sent herself a transfer:

    Thank you so much for your help that day, and I hope I get the chance to repay you. But before paying back, I hope you will accept the car and drink money for that day. [smile]

0