Chapter 10
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A week later.

    With Wu Wei's help, Yin Guo signed a short-term lease with the landlord, which lasted until the end of April. Two-month short-term rental, two rooms. She also agreed with the landlord in the contract that once they got the offer for Meng Xiaotian's room, they would renew the lease for a full year.

    On the day of moving here, Yin Guo took the initiative to ask Wu Wei to go downstairs to the ramen restaurant for dinner, thanking him for his help.

    As soon as the order was placed, a plate of wasabi octopus was placed in front of Yin Guo.

    The boss smiled at her and said in English: "Please."

    so good?

    "Thank you, thank you." Yin Guo was flattered.

    The boss quickly went to greet other guests.

    "Sister," Meng Xiaotian was extremely envious, "You are so popular..."

    She was also confused, and asked Wu Wei: "Are you old regulars?"

    Wu Wei shook his head: "Lin Yiyang is close to the boss. After seeing you off that day, he couldn't go home, so he slept here."

    "Really..." The cousin was surprised.

    "Yeah, I was also surprised at first," Wu Wei smiled meaningfully, "Suddenly said that he had something urgent to leave, but he couldn't do it, so he went home again."

    That day, Wu Wei's mobile phone was so frozen that he couldn't turn it on. He wanted to take the subway home, but more than a dozen lines were out of service overnight. He felt that it was too much trouble, so he simply didn't go back, and drank high at the bar. When I came back early in the morning, I saw that Mr. Yang was sleeping in a ramen restaurant. It was a good thing that Lin Yiyang had friends all over the world, so he could live no matter what.

    But Wu Wei thought about it later, what was so tricky about that night.

    "That's really dragged down by us," the cousin directly took the responsibility, "When will Brother Yang come back? I'll take him to rub him up."

    "Next time? I can't tell," Wu Wei continued with a faint smile, "He wants to study and make money, so he doesn't have much free time. He comes and goes in a hurry every time, and we meet each other in a month or two."

    After finishing speaking, Wu Wei specifically added: "Don't worry, he will sleep in my room when he comes, and won't disturb you."

    Yin Guo nodded.

    It turns out that Lin Yiyang also lives here? Wouldn't it be that we will encounter it often in the future?

    Since that night, the two had a short chat about the ramen restaurant in the middle of the night, and there was no communication.

    In a flash, it's been a week.

    During this period, every time Yin Guo thought about it, she was thinking, should I chat?

    But do you think that this idea of yours is too thoughtful?

    "You can thank him," Wu Wei said appropriately, "The landlord is willing to rent you short-term, and he said a lot of good things."

    "Thank you, thank you," my cousin echoed, "I'll wait for Brother Yang to come back."

    Yin Guo listened to what they said, and while waiting for the meeting, she dug out WeChat and opened Lin's window.

    Xiaoguo: We moved to the apartment today, Wu Wei said, you helped to say a lot of good things to the landlord. Thank you so much.

    Back there quickly.

    Lin: Easy to say.

    Seeing these two words, Yin Guo stopped reflexively.

    Fortunately, this time he answered the call himself first.

    Lin: I'm in class, let's talk after class.

    Lin: [coffee]

    Xiaoguo: [happy]

    Maybe because it's a bit familiar, looking at this coffee expression at the moment, it's quite cute.

    She put the phone aside temporarily, picked up the chopsticks, accidentally picked up a big mouthful of wasabi octopus, and stuffed it all in her mouth. A smell of mustard rushed to the nose, and tears fell down.

    The two men looked at her together.

    "This mustard...is so authentic." She explained with tears.

    Shame on me. Really.

    After dinner, the house was tidied up.

    Everything should be on track, like training.

    Wu Wei knew what she was thinking, so he didn't need her to mention it himself, just let her pick up the club and took her to the golf room closest to the apartment. Billiards is not a popular sport in the world, nor is it here, so there are not many local courts, and it takes effort to find the right one. Wu Wei's apartment was also recommended by Lin Yiyang at the beginning, because it is next to the ball room, which is convenient for him to train in daily life.

    As soon as the two entered the door, the boss saw Wu Wei and greeted him warmly. Wu Wei specifically explained that the owner of the ball room is Lin Yiyang's "female friend", and he directly booked the daily training time with the boss, leaving Lin Yiyang's favorite pool table.

    "Lin Yiyang used to work here and taught billiards, so he has a good relationship with the boss," Wu Wei explained to her, "Here, his name is much easier to use than mine."

    "He worked here?"

    "Yeah, you think he's from a rich family?" Wu Wei laughed, "People who study abroad in the first year are not allowed to have regular jobs. Teaching billiards here is a way."

    At first, like her cousin, she thought that Lin Yiyang was a son of a rich family, similar to Zheng Yi, who studied well, lived a stable life, and was excellent in all aspects. But what Wu Wei said next completely overturned her impression of Lin Yiyang.

    Wu Wei roughly talked about how Lin Yiyang went from the tail of the crane with more than 30 people in junior high school to catch up with all his strength after high school. In the past ten years, since he decided to start over, he has grown from a crane tail to a top student. It can be said that except for billiards, he has almost given up his entire personal life.

    After graduating from university, the deposits of scholarships, large and small, paid off all the high school debts and university student loans.

    Return to extreme poverty after graduating from university, make money again, and then apply for studying abroad.

    "Lin Yiyang is the person I admire the most in my life, so I admire him and dare to kill myself." Wu Wei stood by the pool table and handed Yin Guo a powder.

    Yin Guo took Qiaofen and gently wiped her club head.

    Wu Wei glanced at his watch: "Okay, you practice, I'm going to work."

    After Wu Wei left.

    The owner of the ball room specially came to take care of him once again, so that Yin Guo encountered harassment or trouble, so don't be polite, and the people in the ball room will come directly to solve it. Yin Guo agreed, and the other party patted her shoulder friendly again, saying: Lin's friends are everyone's friends.

    It seemed that she suddenly entered Lin Yiyang's world.

    Everyone here has a little friendship with him.

    She practiced alone until dark.

    You can walk back to the apartment here, so I practiced for an extra hour today to resume my domestic routine. At night, there were more people in the ball room, and the boss even closed the door of her small cubicle.

    But a wooden door can't stop the noise, the men drinking high outside.

    Laughter and loud applause continued.

    This point is similar to that in China, and it is the same in ball halls with a lot of people.

    When she was young, in order to practice her psychological quality on the spot, her cousin Meng Xiaodong took her to the messiest billiard hall, which was full of smoke and swearing, and her cousin was sitting in charge, throwing her on the innermost pool table, and just picked up a small billiard hall. It's a common thing to play ball. Therefore, the outside environment is a piece of cake for her now, no different from soothing music.

    But since her cousin opened the club, she has rarely been exposed to such an environment.

    Not long after, a Chinese song was played outside, not a Chinese golf room, and it was a surprise to play this kind of song. This song brings back some of Yin Guo's childhood memories, is it "Superstar in a Troubled Times"?

    She leaned over and faced the three balls that she had posed at a tricky angle, still humming this song in her heart.

    With a snap, four balls rushed to the four bottom pockets and all fell into the pockets.

    Feeling good today. When she was happy, she hummed the song in her heart: "I am born to like it, arrogant to be my nature... I am born to like it, to use strength to win, and to be rampant depends on real skills..."

    The door was opened and a person walked in.

    Her sight was just blocked by the billiard lamp, she straightened up and saw him.

    Lin Yiyang.

    The humming song stopped suddenly.

    "Good singing." He smiled and put the beer bottle in his hand on the table beside him.

    This week, in order to come over this weekend, he was in such a hurry that he didn't have time to cut his hair, and the hair on his forehead almost blocked his eyes, so handsome. It is estimated that he got out of playing in the billiard hall when he was young. In fact, he has a lot of rage in his bones. He has restrained himself a lot these years and hid it very well. But sometimes, inadvertently it will show up.

    For example, the posture of undressing now.

    He put the gloves on the billiard chair by the wall, took off his coat, inside was a black long-sleeved T-shirt, ordinary jeans...the legs are really long, Yin Guo came up with this idea.

    After holding back for a long time, she still asked, "Aren't you... in class?"

    How is it the same as falling from the sky.

    Lin Yiyang turned his head and met Yin Guo's eyes.

    "I came here after class," he tried to avoid her face, so as not to be frivolous, "I heard that you are training here, so I stopped by to take a look."

    As he said, he patted the table: "Are you used to it? The table here?"

    The tables in each ball room are produced in different places, and they are always a little different from the one Yin Guo has been going to. He is afraid that she will not get used to it when she first arrives.

    "There's not much difference," Yin Guo pointed to a public club next to him. "I also use a public club occasionally, and I have to get used to it."

    "How long have you practiced? Are you going to go back?" He leaned on the pool table with one hand and asked her.

    "I practiced by myself today," Yin Guo smiled at him, "If you are free, play a round with me?"

    "I?"

    Yin Guo nodded.

    He suddenly smiled: "Aren't you afraid of being beaten and cried by me?"

    Yin Guo was stunned for a moment: "I... have a pretty good level."

    At least he is a quasi-professional player, and he won't cry if he can't win.

    "OK," Lin Yiyang picked up the public club, "I'll be your training partner."

    In these years, besides practicing by myself, he just gambled and taught others how to play. Even if it is teaching people, it is also a strict teaching, because I am afraid that girls will be taught to cry by myself, so I never teach girls.

    So, how many balls do you have to hand over?

    It was the first time for him to be a sparring partner, so he had to think carefully.

    Yin Guo watched him pick up the powder and rub the club, as if he didn't look very happy.

    She originally intended to play casually with him and get closer with him through common hobbies, but looking at it now, it seemed that it was too difficult for him.

    She hugged the cue and smiled at him friendly: "How about going to dinner? I forgot you just got off the train."

    "It's okay, I'm not hungry." Lin Yiyang said, took out the colored balls from the bag one by one, and threw them on the table.

    Find the plastic frame where the balls are placed, and arrange the colored balls into a diamond shape.

    Finally, he put the white ball on the serving line and pointed at the ball: "Three wins in five games, you have to be energetic, and six wins in ten games is also fine."

    This aura is really like a cousin.

    The song on the side of the replay came to the line Yin Guo hummed again: "I am born to like it, arrogant to be my nature... I am born to like it, to use strength to win, and to be rampant depends on real skills..."

    Suddenly found that Young and Dangerous's song matched him very well, he was holding a cue.

    Yin Guo withdrew her thoughts, carried the cue stick, and walked to the side of the ball bank.

    Lean over and straighten the club.

    "If you want to play fastball, should you play it safe?" Lin Yiyang asked suddenly when she was about to hit a shot.

    She was distracted and thought for a while: "It's all fine."

    "This year in your women's team, one of the favorites to win the championship is a fastball player," Lin Yiyang suggested, "I will accompany you to adapt first."

    Distracted again, she gave him a surprised look.

    He actually knows the players in the women's team?

    No more distractions, take it easy, take it easy.

    Yin Guo focused on the white ball, and when that white ball appeared in her sight, it was a game. The opponent is the same.

    With a bang, the white ball knocked away the colored balls, and four balls fell into the bag.

    A great start.

    This is her first time playing with Lin Yiyang.

    Because it is not a formal game and there is no betting on the ball, it is served in turn.

    In the first game, she narrowly won.

    In the second round, Lin Yiyang cleared the table with one shot.

    In the third round, she lost.

    In the fourth game... She clearly felt that Lin Yiyang started to press down and beat her, allowing herself to win.

    It's not like she can't afford to lose.

    Now in the fifth inning, it was Lin Yiyang's turn to hit the ball.

    On the table, the No. 9 ball is near the bottom pocket. As long as he hits the No. 4 ball, he can easily win the round with an indirect goal.

    There are three ways to win nine balls.

    The first is to shoot down the balls in order, 123456789, and finally hit the No. 9 ball into the pocket and win.

    The second is to hit the colored ball with the smallest number on the table, and indirectly hit the No. 9 ball into the pocket, winning.

    The third type is a shot off the tee, the 9 ball will drop into the pocket directly, and you will win.

    "You don't have to give way to me." Play this situation to her, and she can win. It is impossible for him to make mistakes at his level.

    Lin Yiyang thought for a few seconds.

    When he was applying the powder just now, he was thinking about how to release the water to make it look real. After all, the situation is too good to be fake. He took advantage of the lights on the table to see Yin Guo was very happy, so he felt relieved.

    Leaned over, took the shot, and took it neatly.

    Yin Guo applauded.

    Lin Yiyang opened the door, went to return the clubs, and paid for today's billiard table by the way.

    Yin Guo ran over with her cue bucket in her arms, and wanted to pay for it herself, but he blocked it with one arm, and by the way, took her cue bucket over: "We are a guest from afar, today is your first time here, The table money is on my head."

    Yin Guo still has to argue.

    The boss had already smiled and pushed the money back to Lin Yiyang, saying that it was his.

    Lin Yiyang and the boss are friends, so he was not very polite, and after exchanging a few words of greeting with a smile, he left the ball room with Yin Guo.

    The temperature outside was even lower than when she came here, Yin Guo felt that the weather forecast was right, it must be snowing again.

    "In the evening, I prepared hot pot at home, let's eat together." She followed Lin Yiyang and walked to the apartment.

    Lin Yiyang agreed.

    "Actually, I have a good friend who is from the same school as you and is an alumni," Yin Guo said again, "She is from Er."

    "Your brother said so." He replied.

    Oh well, you're talking shit to death again. Don't blame me.

    She originally thought that Wu Wei and Meng Xiaotian would still be chatterboxes when they got home, and when they met together, they would always neutralize the atmosphere. Unexpectedly, when I returned to the apartment, the lights were not turned on, and the room was pitch black.

    On the table, you can still see the very small pot that Yin Guo prepared before leaving, as well as uncut vegetables.

    What about people? It was there before I left.

    While Lin Yiyang turned on the light and went to wash his hands, she took out her mobile phone and asked where Meng Xiaotian was.

    Tian Tian: Brother Wei bought tickets to Broadway in the afternoon and took me to watch the show.

    Xiaoguo: Haven’t you seen it several times?

    Tian Tian: I didn’t watch the whole thing. This time, I just haven’t watched it. It’s nice to have someone to accompany me. Every time I come by myself, sister, you can eat at home by yourself.

    Fortunately, Lin Yiyang was here, otherwise the table would have been in vain.

    She put down her phone depressed: "The two of them are not here, do you still want to eat?"

    Lin Yiyang nodded of course: "Eat."

    As he spoke, he rolled up the sleeves of his T-shirt, turned on the tap, and washed all the unwashed dishes that Wu Wei had left in the sink. Yin Guo accidentally discovered that he had a flower tattoo on his right arm. The last time he wore thick clothes in Flushing, his cuffs were symbolically rolled up, and he couldn't pull them up much, so he didn't show them——

    looks great.

    Lin Yiyang noticed that she was looking at him, shook off the water droplets on the plate, picked up the rag, wiped the plate, and looked back at her.

    Only then did Yin Guo realize what she was doing, and hurriedly turned around: "Then I'll go get ready."

    What happened today, I kept staring at people.

0