Chapter 12
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

   "There is a DIY Magnum store nearby," Lin Yiyang explained himself, "it's very close."

    There is a custom shop? Yin Guo's eyes lit up immediately.

    Sure enough, girls love this.

    He was hesitating just now, because he was afraid that she would not be able to bear the ice cream after eating the cold food. Later, I thought about it again, the atmosphere of that place is greater than the food, and it is not bad to take a photo without finishing the meal.

    In fact, there is no need for Wu Wei to send it to himself, he has been there once.

    It was those two who had a party in the hotel, had a great time, insisted on some innocent and romantic date, went to this store to order exactly the same ice cream, kiss me and I eat. After Lin Yiyang drank his coffee, he found that shop with a really indifferent face the whole time, thinking that there are not many chairs in such a shop, and if there are a few more people, he would have to stand and eat. Just to eat an ice cream, as for?

    But looking at Yin Guo's happy little eyes, he changed his mind.

    But only twenty minutes later, he had a new understanding of the store again.

    After walking for nearly 20 minutes in the cold wind, I only found an empty shop with no staff.

    The two looked at each other.

    "I'll ask Wu Wei." Lin Yiyang turned his back and called Wu Wei.

    When the people over there heard that the shop was closed, they reacted: "I forgot, it was closed in October. I haven't seen anything here, and I don't like activities in winter... Where are you? I'll bring her brother over in a moment."

    "The address will be sent to you later."

    Lin Yiyang hung up the phone: "The store is closed."

    He held his phone and thought for a few seconds, then said, "Come with me, find a sheltered place and wait for them."

    The two continued to walk along the streets of SOHO, and found a restaurant after turning around.

    Lin Yiyang led her straight in. It's not business hours now, the boss is sitting behind the bar alone, watching the broadcast of a baseball game.

    Lin Yiyang knocked on the bar.

    When the boss turned around and saw that it was him, he immediately smiled: "Come here this week?"

    "Yes. I want to have an afternoon tea, and make me an ice cream, which is similar to the one customized by Magnum."

    "no problem."

    Lin Yiyang took her to a seat to rest.

    Not long after, the boss dug up a large piece of ice cream and came over with some tools.

    Lin Yiyang went outside to buy some ingredients. It was a pack of edible dried rose petals and red dried berries, and gave it to the boss. Vanilla ice cream, topped with white chocolate crust, sprinkled with toppings brought by Lin Yiyang.

    In the end, the boss poured dark chocolate sauce on purpose, pushed the plate in front of Yin Guo, and smiled friendly.

    "Thank you." Yin Guo thanked politely.

    "You're welcome, this kid will pay anyway." The boss patted Lin Yiyang's arm with a smile, and asked him if he could watch the Dodgers game, and there were on-site tickets. Lin Yiyang shook his head, smiled wryly and refused, as graduation was approaching and he couldn't spare time to watch the competition.

    The other party glanced at Yin Guo, smiled and said, "I'm going to watch TV, come here directly if you want anything."

    When the person left, she asked softly, "Your friend?"

    "I know him in the ball room. He is a retired baseball player who plays billiards well." While speaking, Lin Yiyang sent the address to Wu Wei, took the wine list from the table next door, and looked through it.

    Yin Guo slowly ate the ice cream: "I'm graduating soon, aren't you busy?"

    "It's okay." He replied.

    The truth is: crazy busy. The classmates who rented together in Washington, when they heard that he was coming to New York this week, they all showed expressions of "Lin Yiyang is crazy".

    She took two bites, and then asked curiously, "Are you staying here in the future, or are you planning to go back to China?"

    Whether to go back or stay, he has never thought clearly.

    But... He hesitated for a few seconds at the girl in front of him, and then withdrew his thoughts. It's not good to think too much. So far, his love life for her is still blank, and he doesn't know if he has a boyfriend or not.

    "I haven't figured it out yet." He replied.

    "Considering playing professionally?"

    "Me?" Lin Yiyang laughed at himself, "I never thought about it."

    Never thought of going back to the past.

    But in Yin Guo's view, with Lin Yiyang's level, it's a pity not to play professional games.

    So she kindly suggested: "I think you can try playing professional games."

    He closed the wine list and threw it back to the next table: "Many people don't participate in international competitions, they only play in regional competitions, do you know why?"

    She shook her head.

    There is no such thing as a regional competition in China, so she naturally doesn't know.

    "Some are not interested in world rankings, some are not suitable for large-scale competitions, and their mental quality is not enough." Lin Yiyang brought the dessert list and looked through it. "I am the same. I will lose the chain in the competition and I will not be able to make it to the stage at all."

    "How is that possible." She smiled.

    "How is it impossible?" Lin Yiyang asked with a smile.

    He knew that if two people wanted to understand each other, they would inevitably talk about the past.

    And Yin Guo's elder brother is Meng Xiaodong, even if she is not aware of asking about her past, Meng Xiaodong will tell her one day in the future - who Lin Yiyang is.

    who? He doesn't know either.

    Yin Guo couldn't think of what to say for a moment.

    "Have you ever drank rum?" He seemed to have thought of something.

    There is a bottle of sweet wine here, which was opened by the owner when he came last time, I don't know if there is any more.

    She shook her head: "Is it delicious?"

    "It's wine, but it's all printed on the dessert list, not on the wine list."

    Yin Guo was eager to try, and nodded with a smile.

    He closed the list, got up and asked the man watching the game for a drink.

    After a while, he brought back a glass and put it in front of her. It was a slender glass with maroon liquid.

    "How sweet?" She put her hands on the table and smelled it.

    "Not sweet." He took a sip when he opened the wine last month. "Antique liqueur that has been stored for more than 20 years is very strong. Fortunately, this is the last glass."

    Every bottle of wine is different, especially if it is a little old. After opening a bottle and drinking it, this bottle of wine will never exist again.

    Regardless of high or low, being able to drink is the only luck.

    She smelled it again, and under his encouraging gaze, she took a sip slowly.

    Hmm...it's really exciting.

    It's so strong, it burns your throat, but it's really thick enough.

    She breathed a sigh of relief, thinking that it was rare to have a drink, and it was the last glass of this bottle of wine, so she tried her best and continued to drink.

    When Wu Wei and the others entered the door, they saw Yin Guo and Lin Yiyang sitting opposite each other, and Yin Guo was drinking a glass of wine.

    This color, this cup, no matter how familiar Wu Wei looked, he immediately remembered what it was when he sat down. The shopkeeper divides the drinking into cups, and this kind of cup is specially used to hold antique liqueur.

    "This wine is good, one bottle less per bottle." Wu Wei introduced with a smile.

    Well, with a little wind, your food expenses for this month are gone again. Eat a $1 pizza for yourself, and drink $300 antique wine for others. If you want to say that you are not interesting to people, I will take your surname...

    Wu Wei sat down and took out his mobile phone without changing his expression.

    It doesn't matter: what are you doing drinking antique wine for people? It's expensive, and people don't understand.

    Lin Yiyang saw that it was Wu Wei's message, so he didn't click on it.

    Yin Guo drank slowly.

    Although it is drunk, drinking this after eating seafood is very warm to the stomach.

    Meng Xiaotian made a fuss about inviting everyone, and the two men on the opposite side ordered the cheapest champagne at the same time. The cups were placed on the table, but there was not much difference, except that the wine in Yin Guo's cup was dark in color.

    Before Lin Yiyang went out, he asked her about the time of practice, and it seemed that it was about the same time. He left Wu Wei and Meng Xiaotian to continue playing here in SOHO, and he sent Yin Guo to the ball room first.

    It was still the same single room, with a wooden door closed to block the outside view.

    But Lin Yiyang couldn't accompany her today, and had to go back to school: "It's not peaceful here, it's similar to the country, there are mixed fish and dragons, there will always be troubles," he said, and patted the ball table, "I know this table belongs to me, If you need anything, come to me anytime."

    She said "um".

    There is an illusion of being covered by someone.

    The man in front of her seemed to want to say something, but she was waiting.

    Lin Yiyang looked at her, opened his mouth, but greeted the door, and called the boss's fourteen-year-old son. He took out a note from his wallet, handed it to the other party, and whispered something in a low voice. The boy agreed, and ran out. Not long after, he came back with two lattes in paper cups and handed them to Lin Yiyang. By the way, the door was closed for them.

    She was surprised: "I told you that you want to drink... I should treat you."

    I feel like I've been eating and drinking since I woke up today. Lin Yiyang is too polite. real.

    He raised his paper cup: "I want to drink, and I brought you a cup by the way. I was a little sleepy last night with my paper."

    Did he stay up all night last night?

    She still remembered that the light in the living room soon went out, maybe she went back to the room.

    Yin Guo was still thinking about it, but he had already handed over the paper cup.

    She took it casually, without paying attention, and held it in his hand.

    She was startled, and withdrew her hand abruptly, smiling apologetically, too embarrassed to speak.

    Lin Yiyang was also uncomfortable, cleared his throat, and said with a smile: "I have to catch the train, let's go."

    He put the paper cup on the edge of the table, and inserted the hand that Yin Guo had held into his trousers pocket. Pulled open the door.

    Outside the door, there are people at every table.

    Some who knew him greeted him loudly, and Lin Yiyang responded with a few words, and before closing the door, he said seriously: "I won't be here next week, it's the same sentence, come to me anytime if you need something."

    "Yeah." Seeing the door being closed, Yin Guo breathed a sigh of relief.

    She walked around the table, taking balls from the bag one by one.

    Outside, there was the sound of music, the noise of people drinking, and the smell of fried chicken wafting in through the crack of the door. These are not what she cares about. What she wants to hear is whether he has left.

    It seems to be still there, talking to the boss, and others.

    Soon, everyone was saying goodbye to him, and the lively greetings gradually died down.

    Lin Yiyang left.

    She drew the clubs from the cue bucket and arranged the colored balls in a diamond shape.

    Touching the flannel of the ball table with her hand, she slowly calmed down. Alright, start training without any more distractions.

    It's a pity that today's training was not very efficient. She played and stopped at the table until 7 o'clock, and she didn't get into it too much. In the end, I had to stop for a while, thinking about whether to focus on practicing jump ball for an hour.

    The prompt tone of the voice call interrupted her, it was Coach Chen's call.

    This coach is in charge of nine-ball in the club, and is more in charge of the daily life and training of the girls here. This time when Yin Guo came to the competition, the private itinerary was advanced two months, so the coach did not come first, but he still had to talk to her regularly every day to keep track of her training situation.

    After Yin Guo got on the phone, the two of them didn't talk nonsense. They started talking about the training progress, today's task completion, and then discussed tomorrow's main training direction.

    After talking about work for more than ten minutes, Coach Chen relaxed his tone and asked with a smile, "I watched the news, is there another blizzard in your place?"

    "It's snowing, but it's stopped."

    It is rare for her to talk about personal matters with the coach, but today she especially wants to ask: "Coach, have you heard of Wu Wei? A player in this Open Championship."

    "I've seen him on the entry list," Coach Chen said, "but he hasn't participated in the nine-ball competition, so he doesn't know much about it."

    In their club, there are all kinds of players, nine-ball, middle eight, snooker, all kinds of masters, champions, and seven or eight coaches. At this time, the coaches all gathered in the gym for early exercise.

    One of the snooker coaches heard the name of "Wu Wei", and answered: "Wu Wei is from Dongxincheng, and his qualifications are good, but he hasn't played much in the past two years, and he hasn't been ranked in the world yet."

    "Where's Lin Yiyang? Has Lin Yiyang heard of it?" Yin Guo followed up and asked.

    Someone is laughing.

    Coach Chen simply turned on the speakerphone.

    Coach Fu of the nine-ball men's team said: "I remember this kid, he played snooker. When he won the championship, my wife was the referee."

    "Has he played professionally?"

    "I did, but it was many years ago."

    Yin Guo was surprised: "What competition did it come from? What is the best result?"

    "Champion, he won the championship in the first year. Your brother and he came out at the same time. You can ask your brother."

    Yin Guo stopped.

    "You asked her to ask Meng Laoliu about her teenage years. She definitely doesn't remember." Knowing that Yin Guo was afraid of her cousin, Coach Chen smoothed things over the phone with a smile. "Which club is he from? I haven't heard of it." , are you still playing games?"

    "It's been more than ten years since I retired, and it's also from Dongxincheng," Coach Fu suddenly remembered, "We got a new coach the day before yesterday, and it's from that ball club. Wait, I'll call over and ask."

    There was a momentary silence on the phone.

    Soon, the new coach was called, and when he heard that he was asking "Lin Yiyang", he laughed: "He Wenfeng, Mr. He, do you know?"

    Who wouldn't know. The most respected coach in the industry, although he has not officially accepted many apprentices, he was the first teacher of many people. There are many masters in the Yin Guojia Club, and when it comes to the first teacher, they are all He Lao.

    The new coach went on to introduce: "Lin Yiyang is Mr. He's closed disciple. But I haven't seen him before, and I got in late. They say he's a genius, but he's also quite an asshole, the kind that no one can hold back."

    The new coach introduced a few more words, to the effect:

    Lin Yiyang was very crazy in his youth, and he was very angry with his tutor, and finally packed up and left. But the brothers of the younger generation all had a good relationship with him. Back then when Mr. He had not retired, no one dared to mention it in person. Later, Mr. He retired, and Jiang Yang was the master of this generation. He was Lin Yiyang's official senior brother. In the ball club, no one was allowed to say that Lin Yiyang was not good at all. Years ago.

    People in Dongxin City mentioned that Lin Yiyang is still a sixth elder brother, and a young master Yang.

    "If you really want to know him, I can ask Master Yang for you." The new coach suggested.

    As soon as Yin Guo heard that he wanted to ask Jiang Yang, he immediately surrendered: "No need, no need to ask specifically. Also, you must not tell my brother, I have asked them."

    Jiang Yang is his cousin's deadly enemy, so it's better not to scold him.

    After the phone was hung up in a hurry, Yin Guo was still not satisfied with the little information he heard, and tried to search for him on the Internet.

    Some people commented on the people of the Dongxincheng Ball Club, and Lin Yiyang was among the densely packed names; there were also people who recorded the domestic competitions in those years and listed the names of the champions, runners-up and third runners-up, among the dozen or so there would be him. Except for a "Lin Yiyang" in these old web pages, there is no extra introduction, not even a photo.

    The name Lin Yiyang has long been forgotten by everyone.

    There are so many sports in China, but few are popular. In unpopular sports, there are thousands of athletes struggling. As long as they don't make a name for themselves in the World Series, few people pay attention. What's more, Lin Yiyang won the championship more than ten years ago, and it was very difficult to leave a mark, unlike now, it is easy to leave a mark on the Internet.

    When he thought that Jiang Yang was his senior brother, the gap between success and failure was even greater.

    The two of them were taught by the same teacher, and now one is ranked among the top in the world, and the other has no information left in China. Except for the people in the Dongxincheng Ball Club, no one will remember or mention him.

    Yin Guo closed the search page, opened Lin Yiyang's WeChat, stared at it for half a minute, wanted to say something, but finally closed it. But there is also an uncontrollable desire to express, want to do something, say something.

    Finally, I found a photo of an antique liqueur taken in the afternoon and sent it to a circle of friends. After a long time of text editing, it was completely wrong, and only wrote down: I forgot to ask the year.

    At this time, everyone in the country is awake, leaving messages and likes.

    She didn't look carefully, exited and entered anxiously, and did this several times before clicking on the message reminder.

    His finger suddenly stopped on the screen, and there was a short message——

    Lin: The year you were born.

    Another new message is displayed, and then refresh.

    Lin: I mean wine.

0