Chapter 16
27 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The standard attire for boys, youths, and men in the club is shirts and trousers. She thought she was tired of looking at him long ago, but she still wanted to take a second look at his current appearance.

    Yin Guo silently pointed to the back of his collar, hinting at him.

    Lin Yiyang understood and didn't move.

    She whispered, "The collar is not folded properly."

    "Where?" he asked in a low voice.

    ...

    Yin Guo went around with his left hand and tapped there, this time he touched it.

    Lin Yiyang understood the meaning, wrapped his right hand around the back of his neck, pinched the outer edge of the collar with three fingers and slid it to the plastic button of the collar, and the uneven creases disappeared: "Is it okay?"

    "Hmm." She tried to understand simply that she was still talking about shirts.

    But it was probably an occupational disease. I noticed that there was no belt on the trousers he was wearing, and I wanted to say, or you can go to my brother to borrow one, forget it, and it’s not on the field.

    Lin Yiyang stood face to face with her, legs next to each other, and stood for about half a minute before smiling. Turning around, he went to the closet and fished out a black belt from the pile of trousers. It was not as high-end as Meng Xiaodong, and it was bought by Wu Wei during a discount. He has broad shoulders and a thin waist, so the last buttonhole can barely be used, at least the pants won't fall down.

    When Yin Guo watched him put the belt on her waist, she was embarrassed to look again, and turned her head to go out.

    "Your brother," he confessed, walked out and fastened the front buckle of his belt, "ask me to play two shots. If you want to see it, go and see it," he said, "if you don't want to watch it, wait in the apartment. I'll be back later."

    Lin Yiyang finally patted her on the shoulder: "Let's go."

    He passed her, picked up the coat that was left on the sofa when he entered the door, opened the door of the apartment, and slammed it backhanded. While putting on the coat, he was thinking, should he let that buddy go, or do it for real?

    This is a question that requires serious consideration.

    Anyway, it was a few minutes away, and the weather was good, so he didn't bother to put on his coat, and went out of the golf room with it in his hand.

    Meng Xiaodong found this ball room on the map and waited for him at the door. Lin Yiyang didn't argue with him too much, and asked for that room.

    Because Yin Guo has been training, so from the afternoon to the evening, he directly booked the venue. This is Lin Yiyang's private greeting. As soon as he appeared, all the uncles inside greeted him with great enthusiasm, and even said, your little girlfriend really works hard, training day after day.

    Meng Xiaodong listened in his ears and glanced at him.

    Lin Yiyang closed the door as if he didn't hear anything, and pointed to the nine-ball table in front of him: "This?"

    Meng Xiaodong said, "You should know that unless I change careers or retire, I won't play nine-ball."

    It's a sign of his respect for his project.

    Lin Yiyang smiled leisurely: "I have never touched the snooker table since I quit the club."

    The two exchanged glances, and neither seemed to budge.

    Lin Yiyang picked up an orange ball on the table, shook it in his hand, and said, "Wait."

    People are out.

    Meng Xiaodong leaned against the window and watched the darkening street outside. The few times I came to the game, I stayed in a specific hotel. I was with the club people. The ball room was also reserved. It was relatively large and clean, and it was not noisy. This kind of small ball room, there are a lot of people drinking outside and smoking outside the door, noisy, and there is music, just like when I was a child.

    Not long after, Lin Yiyang was holding a club and a cardboard box in his right hand.

    A set of snooker balls is contained in a white-coated cardboard box. There is also only one snooker table here, not many people play, and it is usually empty, and the balls are packed in a cardboard box that used to hold drinks. Lin Yiyang dumped all the balls in the cardboard box on the table.

    1 white ball, 15 red balls, 6 colored balls, 22 in total.

    Lin Yiyang was afraid that there would be some shortages, so he used his hand to pull them and count them on the countertop. Suddenly seeing a table full of red balls, especially on a blue table that does not belong to them, is quite uncomfortable.

    Lin Yiyang bent down condescendingly, and used his hands to place the balls one by one for Meng Xiaodong: "Nine-ball table, snooker ball, give way to each other."

    The nine-ball table is smaller than the snooker table, and the pocket is larger than the snooker table. Meng Xiaodong has never played on such a small table, and Lin Yiyang has not played snooker for more than ten years. It's fair to do so.

    Lin Yiyang pointed to the outside, meaning: pick a pole.

    He knew that Meng Xiaodong didn't bring his own cue: "Public ones, make do with it."

    When he came back, Meng Xiaodong took out a coin from his wallet.

    Snooker is different from nine-ball, and there is no advantage in kick-off rights. In the past, when they were on the field, the referee flipped a coin to decide who would kick off first. He didn't let Meng Xiaodong toss a coin, and said directly: "The visitor is a guest, you drive."

    Because points were to be scored, Lin Yiyang opened the door and called an old man who knew snooker in to help them calculate the points. That person didn't come to this ball room many times, and he wasn't familiar with Lin Yiyang, but Meng Xiaodong recognized who it was when he saw it.

    Although this country is not keen on snooker, the description of "the top few in the world" will definitely arouse the curiosity of passers-by. As soon as the temporary referee whispered, all the people in the ball room gathered around and watched the game at the door.

    Inside were two dark-haired men: one in a black shirt and one in a white shirt, both in trousers.

    Lin Yiyang is taller than Meng Xiaodong. Asians look young. In the eyes of middle-aged uncles, they all look like young men in their early twenties.

    The first round was Meng Xiaodong's.

    Meng Xiaodong has always hit the ball very steadily. He has been famous for his accuracy since he was a child. He has to look at and think about every ball before pocketing it, but he always hits a ball within 25 seconds.

    Lin Yiyang was sitting on the billiard chair by the wall when he was playing, looking at the red balls on the table, he was in a daze for a few moments, this is the red ball only in snooker. Every time he watched these red balls fall into the bag, it was like watching his own three-year game.

    Lin Yiyang thought that Meng Xiaodong could close the first round with one stroke, and he estimated the time for him to be twenty minutes. After all, Meng Xiaodong is a bad player. Unexpectedly, this young master accidentally missed in this unknown small ball room.

    The pocket of this table is too large, which is a miscalculation.

    Meng Xiaodong straightened up annoyed, "It's you."

    With a smile on the corner of Lin Yiyang's mouth, he got off the billiard chair with a playfulness familiar to Meng Xiaodong. He held the cue in one hand and put the other in his pocket. On the rest of the ball: "Want to miss me?"

    Meng Xiaodong ignored him.

    After Lin Yiyang shot down a red ball first, he pointed to the black ball, telling Meng Xiaodong that he would hit this next.

    Snooker is played differently from nine-ball in that it is based on a scoring system.

    You have to shoot down a red ball first, and then hit a colored ball. After each side knocks down a red ball, they can choose a colored ball to hit. Every time a colored ball is pocketed, it must be taken out and put back in place. Until all 15 red balls on the table are pocketed, the colored balls no longer need to be taken out, and the colored balls are put into the colored balls one by one in order.

    1 point for a red ball, 2 points for a yellow ball, 3 points for a green ball, 4 points for a brown ball, 5 points for a blue ball, 6 points for a pink ball, and 7 points for a black ball.

    To put it simply, if you want to get a high score, you must keep scoring high-value colored balls.

    Of course, the rules are completely different from Nine Ball.

    For example: Nine balls can be jumped balls, and snooker jump balls are considered fouls.

    ...

    So at this dusk, a once-in-a-lifetime scene appeared in the ball room——

    Lin Yiyang, who likes to play fastball, stopped quickly, allowing people to see his thinking process. Except for Meng Xiaodong, outsiders don't know what he is thinking, he is recalling what are the rules of snooker and how many points are these balls.

    Both are masters, and they all entered the game after three rounds.

    The applause again and again is paying tribute to these two masters.

    Lin Yiyang played faster and faster. In the fourth inning, he scored a full stroke and once again won the applause and cheers of the whole room. In the fifth game, Meng Xiaodong kicked off, Lin Yiyang returned to the pool chair, and the owner's son immediately came over.

    "Who is he?" the child asked curiously.

    "In the past—" Lin Yiyang paused, and said a word slowly, "Brother."

    "Is he playing Snow professionally?" the child asked curiously again.

    Lin Yiyang nodded.

    "The referee said that he is in the top five in the world, and the bonus is very high."

    Lin Yiyang is not familiar with the current industry. Because Jiang Yang knew that he was chasing Yin Guo that day, he deliberately used Meng Xiaodong as an example to explain the current bonus system to him. So far this season, Meng Xiaodong is ranked fifth in the world, with a total bonus of more than 600,000 pounds. This year's income is indeed not low.

    But that's about it.

    If he works harder and finds a few more choices for work, after a few years, it will not be difficult to catch up with Meng Xiaodong, and being with Yin Guo should not be considered shabby.

    Thinking of this, he couldn't help laughing: What are you thinking about? Lin Yiyang?

    He stroked the hair on his forehead with his right hand to make himself more awake, took out a note from his pocket, handed it to the boss's son, and whispered a few words. The child took the money, brought back two glasses of latte, and whispered, "Your girlfriend is outside the door."

    Because Wu Wei came to introduce Yin Guo for the first time, Lin Yiyang's female friend, everyone agreed: Isn't it his girlfriend?

    Lin Yiyang took out his phone and found it.

    Lin: Coming?

    : ... I told him not to tell you. I want to wait until you finish playing.

    Lin: It's over.

    :So fast? Who's winning?

    Lin::)

    Lin Yiyang put his phone on the chair, walked to the pool table, patted the edge: "Collect the ball."

    There is no winner or loser in this round. Meng Xiaodong straightened up: "Can you be more serious?"

    Lin Yiyang leaned there, no more fighting spirit: "Tired."

    There is a saying that I don’t bother to say: I came back by train for several hours, and it’s not to play with you.

    Meng Xiaodong remained silent.

    Seeing that there were three red balls and all the colored balls left on the table, Lin Yiyang picked up the cue and quickly pocketed them one by one. Hit the ball fast, pocket it fast, and move quickly, regardless of the rules of snooker, just put them in one by one and finish the job.

    In the end, there were only white and black balls left on the table. Just for fun, Lin Yiyang bent down and lightly pressed his chin on the dark brown cue. He raised his eyes slightly, and found Yin Guo's figure, she was looking around behind a bunch of rough old men.

    He smiled and hit hard——

    The black ball rushed towards the bottom pocket like flying, and dropped into the pocket after a blunt sound.

    Meng Xiaodong smiled approvingly as he looked at the white ball that was about to be scored at the mouth of the pocket.

    With such a powerful blow, the black ball could easily bounce out, and the white ball could easily fall into the pocket, but nothing happened. Without thousands of practice, how can you play so beautifully?

    Lin Yiyang is still the same person in the past, pursuing the absolute perfection of every shot and every goal.

    Yin Guo didn't know who won. After everyone dispersed, she went to the door and looked at the scoreboard, which had been wiped clean.

    Meng Xiaodong wiped his hands clean, raised his wrist, looked at the silver metal watch on his wrist, and asked Yin Guo: "Are you going back with me? The hotel booked by the club?"

    "Forget it, it's getting dark," Yin Guo said, "I'll see you tomorrow."

    Meng Xiaodong agreed: "Take me out."

    Usually there is no such request, I wish the whole world would not delay his training, did he take the wrong medicine today?

    Yin Guo muttered to himself, and went out with Meng Xiaodong.

    Just outside waiting for them to end the game, the wind blew for a long time, and went out within a few minutes after entering, the wind kept drilling in along the neck behind the ears. A dining car was parked on the side of the road, with a row of red, green, green, yellow and yellow sauce bottles on display. With the wind, the food posters pasted on the front of the car were lifted and lifted.

    Yellow lights shone on their faces.

    "I'll call you a car," she said.

    "No, I'll go find the subway." Before Meng Xiaodong went to the dining car, he ordered a hot dog first.

    Yin Guo waited by the dark brown wooden door, sheltered from the wind, my cousin was really weird today, he could go back to the hotel for dinner, but insisted on buying hot dogs from the dining car on the side of the road. After a while, the person in the dining car handed out a new one.

    Meng Xiaodong took the hot dog and returned to Yin Guo.

    At the backstage of the game, there was a girl who blocked Lin Yiyang in the locker room, but she managed to get rid of it by herself. I really still remember it vividly. After many years, he and his sister became a couple, which is also fate.

    In fact, Meng Xiaodong came here today for another purpose, to try Lin Yiyang's basic skills. Ten years of hard work off stage, one minute on stage, Lin Yiyang will not escape Meng Xiaodong's eyes if Lin Yiyang slacks off a bit.

    I am very pleased that Lin Yiyang still loves this sport in his heart and cannot give up.

    Meng Xiaodong lowered his head, took a bite of the hot dog, and frowned. He doesn't eat spicy food, and for no reason he asked someone to add hot sauce, but he couldn't spit it out in front of his sister, so he swallowed it down.

    He swallowed the food in his mouth, and finally said: "You two, are you going to get married?"

    Yin Guo thought she heard it wrong, "Huh?"

    "He is very nice, but the conditions at home are a bit poor. The main reason is that he has no parents. This is not a problem. If your parents are not happy, I will help you settle it."

    Yin Guo was stunned by his cousin hitting straight balls one by one.

    He has no parents? No, no, why did you mention your parents?

    Meng Xiaodong said non-stop: "You work hard and abduct him back to China to get married."

    How did you get married? ?

    "Brother, you misunderstood!" Yin Guo hurriedly interrupted, "I'm not that far with him!"

    Meng Xiaodong smiled.

    Yin Guo was so guilty of being laughed at by her cousin, but it really wasn't that kind of relationship...

    Seeing that Yin Guo's face was flushed, Meng Xiaodong stroked her bangs: "We have a long career in this industry. With his strength, it is not a problem to reach the age of forty. He is just twenty-seven years old, which is the golden age. Lots of opportunities. Yin Guo, try to persuade him to return to China, you don't know..." How talented he is.

    Yin Guo wouldn't fully understand Meng Xiaodong's mood.

    Back then, they all made their mark in China, and there were a large number of people who practiced and competed together, but now there are not many left. Seeing Lin Yiyang again proved that he is still at his peak, which makes Meng Xiaodong more happy than bonuses and world rankings.

    It's a pity that Lin Yiyang is not competitive.

    He is the person who does not pursue winning or losing the most. He will be happy if he wins, and he will lose if he loses. What he pursues more is to play well and play brilliantly. He is the kind of person who can get the best results among the three teenagers. Although the teenage Lin Yiyang has always laughed at himself that the game is purely for money, but when he gets on the court, everyone can see that he is playing beautifully and having fun, no matter how he hits the ball or moves.

    That's why it's so difficult, you can't touch him with slogans like "To win the number one in the world".

    Meng Xiaodong has always had nothing to do with Lin Yiyang, neither on the field nor in private. He is sincerely praying that a good relationship can change Lin Yiyang. Sincerely.

    He rolled up the paper, stopped eating the hot dog in his hand, and repeated: "We must get married."

    "Brother!" Yin Guo stamped her feet in embarrassment.

    He was in a good mood, laughed, found the subway sign, and strode towards the next block.

    Yin Guo stopped at the door for a while, recalling his cousin's words.

    The phone vibrated suddenly, opened it to see, it was my cousin. The last interaction between the siblings was the red envelope that Meng Xiaodong sent during the Chinese New Year.

    M: I thought you would find someone who was more mature, but I didn't expect you to like a pretty boy.

    You are the number one kiddo in the circle...

    Xiaoguo: We are not together yet, really.

    Cousin is not coming back.

    "Crack, clack", the slight sound of a lighter being snapped on.

    So light, as if falling to the apex of the heart.

    Her consciousness floated back, and she returned to the ball room. Lin Yiyang leaned against the door with one hand slanted in his trousers pocket, playing with a lighter and watching her. Judging by his demeanor, he should have been out for a while.

    The street at the entrance of the ball room is decorated outdoors. A long walkway was built with rusty scaffolding, and planks hung over the two of them. At this time, it was completely dark, and the wooden planks blocked the street lights, and the yellow light shone on the feet of the two of them.

    The words lingered on the tip of her tongue, but she didn't say them out. It was all about her cousin's talk, and it even involved marriage... She couldn't even look at him directly. She pretended to be leisurely, and began to watch an uncle go to the dining car to buy a hot dog. The yellow mustard bottle was squashed, and spiral circles were formed on the hot dog's sausage.

    Lin Yiyang took the trouble and continued to play with the lighter. wait for her.

    The uncle in front of the dining car left, and there was no one to look at, so Yin Guo could only look at him again. Lin Yiyang smiled, but still didn't speak.

    Yin Guo reluctantly came out from behind the wooden door on the left, went to the two steps of the gate of the ball room, stood in front of him, and said a nonchalant gossip: "Today... you came back earlier than last week. .”

    I just arrived in New York at this time last week, and I sent off my cousin after playing this week.

    "I want to see you soon." He closed the lid of the lighter.

    There was a lot of laughter in the golf room, and those people were drinking high. As night falls, the nightlife begins.

    He was staring at himself, and kept staring, and kept staring.

    "The lighter is pretty." She continued to talk nonsense.

    "It's okay," he said.

    "your?"

    Lin Yiyang shook his head.

    In order to prove his sincerity, Yin Guo simply reached out to ask for it, meaning: Let me have a closer look.

    Lin Yiyang handed out the lighter, and the old silver stainless steel casing swayed in the night, and he threw it to his right hand, and with his left hand, he grabbed Yin Guo's hand.

    Someone was laughing, it was the son of the golf room owner who turned around and went in as soon as he came out.

    Yin Guo's heart was beating in a panic.

    On the streets of New York, in the darkness of night, it seemed that everyone was watching him and holding his hand. The restaurant truck owner, the passers-by buying hot dogs, the customers outside the restaurant facing the street, and the people in the golf room... But in fact, no one knows who they are, and no one cares who they are.

    Someone was inside, calling "Lin".

    She was startled awake and wanted to withdraw.

    He promised: "I won't go in, I'm going to take her to eat." Saying so, he didn't move, still leaning against the original position by the door, pulling Yin Guo forward so that she could stand away from her. I got a little closer.

    It was so close that no matter who passed by, seeing the two of them, they would not hesitate to believe that this was a pair of lovers who were passionately in love.

0