Author’s Comment and Notes
24 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hi, Arctile here!
Thank you for reading my very old unfinished fanfic! Down below I added my notes for some plot points I had in mind and some other things.
If someone want to take this Idea and develop it further – go ahead! I unfortunatly don't have time to write due to my job and I simply don't want to^^

I hope you had some fun!

Red Thread:

  • Arya's vision (dream)

  • Orik's proposal (for Anna) + Mirror conference of the monarchs

  • Murtagh reveals himself

  • Villains' progress + Showdown with Nightfalcons and Murtagh

  • Invitation to Urgal Games

  • Interpretation of Angela's prophecy

  • Journey + Info chapter

  • Time jump of 3-4 months

  • Arrival at Ostmond + Anna

  • Eragon + Arya + Yaela


Notes:

  • Arya and Murtagh need their own training

  • In Chapter 31 - Firnen's brutality only exaggerated by Arya! Clarify later.

  • The correct name is Farthen Dûr!!

  • Skip SAPHIRA+YAELA conversation (Chapter 22) - introduce it later as a flashback

  • Alruccabah meaning: Arabic Ar-Rukkabah "the rider"

  • Bloëdhgarm saved Yaela's life in Urû'baen

  • A white cloud of smoke separates from Eragon after Yaela kisses him

  • The white cloud is a piece of Eragon's soul

  • Eventually enters Arya and shows her his feelings

  • Reason: Yaela's kiss triggered feelings of guilt in him and a strong desire not to betray Arya. This activated his Eldunarí powers.

  • (Like when dragons try to cast a spell!!)

  • Becomes anchored with her soul, creating a permanent bond between them

  • Only dissolves from Arya towards the end and returns to Eragon, as the conquering of the black shadow requires an intact pure soul

  • Eragon's condition remains generally secret (!!)

  • Strange black shadow = Milan (alleged subordinate of the Ra'zac Mother)

  • Black shadow from the shrine is "Milan's" soul (revealed only towards the end of the story)

  • He cannot use his OWN magic.

  • He can control and manipulate evil and dark thoughts.

  • However, his power has limits:

  • He can control a maximum of three individuals simultaneously.

  • NO physical control, meaning the victims retain their own will but are unaware that it is actually the will of the black shadow.

  • The magicians he manipulates feed him with their magical power, so he can use the magic of his victims when necessary.

  • The only defense: pure souls (revealed only towards the end of the story)

  • The black shadow is a fragment of Galbatorix's soul that detached from him during the explosion at the end of Book 4 (is it too cheesy? - reconsider)

  • Similar to Eragon's reason, except that Galbatorix did not use his own magic but that of the Eldunarí.

  • Therefore, he can "only" use the power described above.

  • Jeod finds a secret book about Galbatorix's dark arts in the ruins of the old palace.

  • Milan's puppets are the two large Ra'zac.

  • After Murtagh and Arya have resolved the situation in Surda, the black shadow seeks a new host.

  • Ra'zac Mothers need dragon blood to develop their powers.

  • Attack after the Urgal Games.

  • Saphira is challenged to a duel by Nar Garzhvog (or someone else) at the games.

  • Angela's travel speed is connected to the Werecats.

  • The more of them gather around her, the faster she can move from one place to another.

  • That's why many Werecats gather in Hedarth.

  • That is also one of the reasons why Solembum travels with her.

  • Urgal Games:

  • All races are allowed to participate.

  • Magic is forbidden and considered a disgrace.

  • The individual's agility, speed, strength, and resilience are tested in various disciplines and evaluated according to the standards of the different races.

  • Urgal discipline: Rock Throwing (strength)

  • The rocks are manufactured by the Dwarves to have a uniform size and weight.

  • Dwarf discipline: Obstacle course with stone projectiles (defense)

  • The projectiles of different sizes are launched by mages from all races.

  • The runners have shields for defense.

  • The course is equipped with multiple obstacles behind which one can hide.

  • Elf discipline: Relay race or something similar (speed)

  • Human discipline: Knife throwing (dexterity)

  • Similar to medieval darts.

  • Winners of each race in a discipline compete in unarmed duels (knockout system + lottery) against each other.

  • Challenge - Game (invented by the Urgals; originally done to impress Urgal women)

  • Two challengers, 20 opponents (Urgals)

  • Rules: see logic game below

Riddle/Logic Games:

  • Winner on 20

    • 20 objects/people available

    • 2 players

    • Players take turns choosing

    • maximum of 3 per turn

    • The winner is the one who gets the 20th item

      • Hint: The second player ALWAYS wins

        • Condition: (Total4) - (Player1Choice) = (Player2Choice)

      • Example: (Player1) takes 3, (Player2) must then take 1 so that a total of 4 is missing

        • Background: 4 - 8 - 12 - 16 - 20


Dreams:

Eragon:

I gazed upon a secluded clearing. Saphira and I were on our way back to Ellesméra. After the victory over Galbatorix, we thoroughly enjoyed the freedom of flying without being pursued. As I turned my gaze back to the horizon, a figure entered the clearing. With my enhanced vision, I could recognize who it was. My heart skipped a beat as Arya looked up at us and waved. I returned the friendly gesture and couldn't help but admire her figure once again. In my eyes, Arya was the most beautiful living creature that existed. She had black hair that cascaded like a curtain behind her. Her physique had perfect proportions, as I saw it. Subtle feminine curves and legs that were more than just enticing. Arya's face resembled a work of art. Eyes as green and deep as the forest itself, and a smile that could melt the peaks of the Beor Mountains.

A wave of happiness and joy flooded my mind as Saphira sensed a dragon's roar. Firnen rose above the treetops before them. They circled each other for a while, while I could hardly take my eyes off Arya. Oh, how wonderful it would be if she could reciprocate my feelings. An eternity later, my soulmate was approaching the clearing for a landing. Arya's figure grew larger and more beautiful as she drew closer. With a gentle jolt, Saphira landed and nudged my mind affectionately. I slid out of her saddle and gazed at the approaching elf. Taking small steps, I walked towards her and immediately lost myself in her beautiful deep green eyes. Only on the periphery of my consciousness did I notice that Saphira and Firnen were elegantly circling each other and humming in an inviting manner. Then, the moment I had so eagerly hoped for happened: Arya stepped closer to me and wrapped her arms around my upper body. The enticing scent of fresh pine needles and grass intoxicated me. Unrestrained, I returned her embrace.

Oh, if only I could be with her forever. No worries, no responsibilities, just standing here and being held in her arms. I practically inhaled her scent, fearing that this moment would not last forever. With my mind, I reached out to hers and flooded it with a multitude of impressions, emotions, and desires. With each new moment in her mind, I lost myself more and more in the beautiful and gentle melodies of the elf. My desire to express my feelings to her transferred to my hands, as they explored the back of her graceful figure. The deeper my hands moved, the stronger the feeling became to touch her more and more. With my mind, I began to dominate hers, enveloping it with gentle force, giving her a sense of security and warmth. Strangely, but also pleasantly for me, she allowed my actions and did not resist in the slightest. As my hands, acting on their own, ventured into deeper regions of her back...

Arya:

I climbed through dense undergrowth of smaller trees, vines, and other robust natural vegetation onto a clearing not far from Ellesméra. A feeling of loneliness washed over me as I realized I was completely alone. No true friends within reach, Firnen no longer knowing how to cheer me up. I sat alone on the clearing for quite a while, completely shielded from the outside world. No politics, no daily routines, no feigned courtesy—just solitude. Eragon... Suddenly, my instinct urged me to look up at the sky. I don't know why I followed that urge or how long I fixated my gaze on the beautiful blue of the sky, but something changed all of a sudden. A small shimmering dot in the same color as the sky was rapidly approaching. I couldn't believe it, yet my heart pounded wildly and leaped, once again following my instinct. However, my eyes remained fixed on the approaching glimmer in the sky. Suddenly, I heard a sound that at least doubled my pulse. A bone-chilling roar of a dragon reached my sensitive ears. It's really them... Once again, the blue dragon approaching let out a roar, and I could see him. His short blonde hair swirled in the strong wind. His body radiated a joy and determination unlike anything she had ever seen in a living being. At the edge of my consciousness, I felt the bright excitement and joy of my soulmate as he saw the figure of his nesting partner. Firnen joined her in the air, playfully circling each other. However, my gaze was not focused on the interaction of the two graceful creatures but on the being that completely threw me off balance. My excitement and nervousness slowly overshadowed the feeling of happiness and longing as the two dragons prepared to land...

0