Chapter 1
233 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

So, there I was. Doing nothing really, just minding my own business, when suddenly...!

I died.

Not cool, yo. I really didn't appreciate that, y' know! I'm seriously mad about it! All these feelings didn't explain how I could still be alive, though. You might not know it, but people die when they are killed. Even while thinking about all this, I still feel confused. I've at least got the clothing I was wearing when I died, so I've got that going for me, I suppose...

So!

Where am I now? What's even happening? The answers are: I am in a grassy field, watching something big happen. Now, when I say big, I mean BIG. Like, about one-third-of-a-skyscraper size big. If you don't know, that's really big.
So what is happening? I'm watching an enormous robot fight off an equally-as-large monster-thing. I don't think I should be here right now...

Time to run away so I don't get hit by debris from their fight! As I say that, they got just a bit closer to where I once was. Well, running away is indeed a good idea, soooo...

I'll just keep doing that.

...

Wait, the robot must have come from somewhere, and somewhere must have people to deploy it, right?!

In that case, I'll follow the robot back to civilization! There is where I'll be safe, especially in this situation of life-after-death! Maybe I can get one of those robots too...

...

Ah, the fight's finally over. The winner? The robot, of course. It's gone still now that the creature is dead, so I have some time to study it over from where I am. The robot looks humanoid, a head, body, arms, and legs. The limbs are all box-like, if you were to wear cardboard boxes over your arms and legs, while the joints connecting them to the body are... Uh...

Hm. I can't tell how they work.
Moving on, the hands are holding an enormous sword and shield, while the head looks like a human head with a helmet on.

Oh, the robot sheathed the sword and is now walking again, so to civilization we go!

While following the robot, I will plan my entrance on how I get in to the civilization.

Step 1: Follow the robot.
Step 2: ???
Step 3: Get in.

Yup. That's it.
In all seriousness though, I don't know if there are even humans in this land, but it wouldn't explain the robots.
Although, if there are humans, the steps I will take are:
First, language. I will first fake it with some Spanish (thanks, high school), and if it's "English" as the main language, then there's nothing more I will do. If not, well, I would need to learn the common language.
Second, fitting in. Pretend I'm an incredibly lost tourist who knows nothing about this place and needs some serious help knowing anything. If the previous step is a fail, then it will fit in to this part very well.
Third, food, water, shelter, money. These four are all in the same step because with money I can get all of the other things, and, if ALL the previous steps fail, locals might just take pity on a poor, lost tourist and provide me with food, money, water, and shelter to get me off my feet!
Fourth (optional), get one of those robots! This is reliant on the previous steps, so it remains optional for now.

Now, while I'm sure the robot hasn't seen me, I'll just run while it's very much ahead of me.

So, while I'm running, let's go over my situation: I, a human from Earth, died and reappeared wherever this is. There are very large robots which fight monsters, and they look like knights. I was not the most notable person, I've got glasses and am not the most in-shape person. I played video games a lot and had at least eight friends, along with a caring family. As such, I am now alone with no-one to talk to but myself. I'd better add 'make acquaintances' to that list of mine...

Well... That's... All... I... Can... Think... Of... With... Out... Getting... Sad...!
Chasing... After... The... Robot... Is... So... Tiring...!
Gasp... Gasp... Ah... It... Stopped...?

When did I catch up to it?

It turned around and is now...
Looking at me.

FML.

1