Xenogenic Space
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Director." Roland greeted the scarred man with a stoic face.

"Ah, Roland! I have been waiting for you!" The Director raised his arms with a beaming smile. The scar across his face scrunched up with his glee. He stood up and motioned for Roland to take a seat.

"It is good to see you, old friend. Congratulations on your second child." The Director spoke as he took his seat. Roland nodded his head as he sat opposite the burly man. The Director was only a Viscount Rank, so he held a higher standing than him in society as one of the Drubads' strongest warriors. Even still, as the head of the most prominent organization that supported Drubad Nobles, the Director held a lot more political sway then Roland.

"Thank you, Director Freeman. I've waited quite a while to get another child. Especially after the last mission. A couple of years' break was exactly what I needed." Roland nodded.

"That's great. Welcome back to the field. Black Gold sure did miss you." Director Freeman said. The name of the organization he led was called Black Gold. Through the efforts of the initial Nobles of the Drubad race, they had been able to cultivate more and more Nobles that had spearheaded the efforts to explore into the special space that were mostly referred to as Dungeons.

These Dungeons were not actually Dungeons. Only the children called them Dungeons. They were officially known as Xenogenic Spaces.

All sorts of bizarre phenomenon occurred within these spaces. Normal plants suddenly gained the abilities that belonged to sentient beings, and all the animals that were within that space were wildly mutated.

Xenogenic Spaces gained their title because of a formerly dominant specie of life that used to roam the stars ages ago. This race was known as the Xenon. They loved to mess with the genes of their prey and cause radical mutations that could either lead to the death, or the strengthening of whatever creature was unlucky enough to be caught by them. Sometimes, there was no clear gain, and the unfortunate creature simply got its genes mutated and messed with.

Because of the radical lifestyle and hostility towards other races, the other dominant races joined hands to wipe them out completely.

The Xenogenic Spaces were called that way because they could also warp the genes of an individual, making them stronger, or outright doing nothing to help them. The Black Gold Organization managed the few Xenogenic Spaces that were present on Planet Henan. Through its steady progress, they had managed to discover and map out six Xenogenic Spaces, but even so, they were all relatively small when compared to some spaces that could be found on other planets.

Over the years, a few other organizations like the Black Gold Organization had popped up, but they were nothing too big, and regularly worked with the organization.

Roland worked directly under the Black Gold Organization, and was one of the six Earls that were present in the organization.

Currently, there were only sixteen Earls present amongst the entire population of the Drubads, and they had no higher ranking Noble. Because of that, Roland's status was quite revered. Even then, he viewed himself as a simple soldier, and nothing more.

The two men chatted for a while more before getting down to business.

"The mission this time is nothing too big. A couple of Viscounts that were on a mission to retrieve some xenogenic materials ran into an Earl Class xenogenic beast. While we would have loved to call upon some more Earls, they are all busy with missions in other xenogenic spaces. I hope you can handle this matter for us." Director Freeman explained the situation with a wry smile. He slid a data pad across the table to Roland. The data pad contained all the information that the Viscounts had been able to provide on the xenogenic beast.

Roland spent a couple of minutes perusing the information on the data pad. After he had gone through it multiple times, he finally raised his head and spoke.

"This sounds like a particularly high tier creature. My guess is that someone might have gotten turned into a xenogenic." He said with a complicated expression. Director Freeman bore a similar look on his face.

Yes. Even normal people could get turned into xenogenics!

The term xenogenic was not exclusive to the spaces where genes could be mutated. xenogenics were anything that had gotten their genes mutated to the point where they ceased being the race that they once were.

Sometimes, when a commoner tried to exercise their genes in order to grow stronger, or when they were exposed to unnatural mutations, there was a slim chance that they might have their genes warped to the point where they ceased being whatever they were, and became overly aggressive creatures that could no longer mix in with society. While not all xenogenics were aggressive, most of them were, so they were generally painted in a poor light in most societies that were plagued by rampant xenogenics.

"I will accept this mission. However, we need to make some terms clear." Roland declared.

"Of course, sate your terms. I am open to anything, as long as it is not excessive." Director Freeman readily nodded his head.

"Don't worry. The terms are just simple. I want you to take care of my family for the duration of time that I am gone. While I am confident in taking care of the xenogenic, finding its lair will be tough." Roland explained.

Director Freeman quickly agreed to Roland's terms. He understood where the man was coming from. If a xenogenic wanted to hide from prying eyes, then it would be incredibly difficult to locate them.

Also, taking care of Roland's family would not be a big deal. It was just his two boys and his wife, so monetary support was not an issue.

"Alright then. My team and I will set off tomorrow. I will just take the time to debrief them and let them understand what we will be heading into." Roland shook hands with the Director as he stood up, and left the office soon after.

Both sides were satisfied with Roland's terms for taking on the mission, and there would be no problem with completing their ends of the deal.

0