Chapter 1 – The New World
80 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

All of a sudden, a boy screamed. He grabbed his head tightly; his headache was too painful to ignore. Then, a vision of divine-like silhouettes gathering at the center of a large hall appeared in his mind.

After a few minutes, the pain stopped.

"What... was that? Huh? Did I just regain my memories from my previous life?" the boy thought, as he tried to remember what had happened to him before his death in his past life.

°°°
Earlier, back on Earth-

"The alien ship is set to arrive on Earth in just 46 minutes! Brace yourselves, soldiers! This will be a full-blown war!"

It was noon during summer vacation, and amidst a mountainous landscape, a certain boy darted around, shouting things that would seem like nonsense to any onlookers.

"The alien's laser canons have destroyed most of our bases all over the world! We're gonna lose, is this the end of humanity!?"

 

Yes, as most would have guessed, this particular boy, with his striking black hair and attractive features, suffered from 'chuunibyou,' or what some might call the 8th-grade syndrome. If you're unfamiliar with the term, 'chuunibyou' refers to individuals, particularly young ones, who act as characters from fantasy or science fiction stories. It's a world of delusions and imagination. And this boy we're talking about is no exception.

 

"Ahh! The world is ending! Is this... the APOCALYPSE!?"

 

Since it was summer vacation, classes were out, and the boy in question was Kiryuin Asahi, a high school student. Despite his chuunibyou tendencies, others saw him as a popular, handsome honor student with impressive grades. He even had a girlfriend, or rather, an 'ex-girlfriend' now, but that's a story for another time.

 

As for why someone like him became popular, it was because he concealed his hobbies from others and presented only his 'honor student' persona. Orphaned at a young age with no recollection of his parents, he grew up in an orphanage. Managing to secure a part-time job, he somehow led a relatively decent life. That explains why he found himself in the midst of the mountains.

 

"Ahh... the end is near.. you won, aliens.. but don't think you can conquer Earth that eas-!!"

 

Suddenly, while Asahi was lost in his delusions, Asahi had a vision, as if memories were flooding back to him, portraying a paradise-like place.

 

(I saw it again! What was that? I've been seeing that vision lately..)

But then, a sharp pain struck his heart, causing him to collapse and scream in agony.

"AAHHHHH!!"

But unfortunately, being in the remote mountains, no one was around to hear him.

(Am I having a heart attack right now of all time!?)

His mind raced, his thoughts consumed by pain.

(Dam...n.... ...)

And so, the boy crumpled, his heart ceasing its rhythm. A second later, his body emitted a faint glow, which gradually faded, leaving behind lifeless remains.

 

□○□

 

On the planet of Celaen, in a certain continent, a boy suddenly collapsed

 

(What.. was that?)

 

Upon regaining consciousness, the boy found himself in a bed, a girl standing beside him inquiring about his well-being.

 

"Are you alright, Young Master?" a girl standing beside him asked.

 

(What.. are you talking about..? Huh, wait a second, was that the memories of my previous life? Did my memories came back to me just now!?)

 

And that's how Kiryuin Asahi, the chuunibyou high school student, found himself reincarnated.

 

□○□

 

"You had worried us back there, Young Master. What happened to you?" asked one of the maids.

 

(I can't tell them I've regained my memories from my previous life, can I?)

 

"Nothing at all. I simply grew tired from training. That's all," Asahi replied, offering a pleasant smile to the maids. "I'll rest for a bit. You can go outside."

 

"Yes, Young Master," the maids responded in unison, leaving the room.

 

Once they were gone, Asahi rose from the bed and gazed at his reflection in the mirror. Staring back at him was the face of a ten-year-old boy, resembling his appearance from his previous life on Earth. The only difference now was that his features had become slightly more captivating, and his once black eyes now possessed a crimson hue.

 

(I got no people close enough for me to miss in my previous life, so I'm not actually that sad to end up like this. And besides, don't you think these red eyes are kinda cool? And my name now is also the same as the name I had in my previous life.)

 

(What bothers me, though, are the visions that continued to flash in my mind since my time on Earth. The place on the vision was like a Utopia. Was that also my previous life? But I think that place is too sacred for mortals to live. It's like a home for gods.. Well, there's no point thinking about it. I might as well live my life here!)

 

The world Asahi lives now is called Celaen. In the continent of Oveigon, there is a Kingdom in the outskirts called the Memino Kingdom.

The Memino Kingdom has the support of the 8 Great Clans by it's side. The 8 Great Clans has a status similar to a Duke. And one of the 8 Great Clans is the Kiryuin Clan, and Asahi is one of it's young masters.

 

Although he was considered a young master of the Kiryuin Clan, Asahi was merely adopted into the main branch of the family.

His real father, a close aide to his adoptive father and hailing from the branch clan, perished in battle. At the tender age of two, Asahi lost both his biological parents, his birth mother having passed away during childbirth. It was then that his adoptive mother and father took him in.

 

Despite having two exceptional step-siblings, Asahi received fair treatment from the Kiryuin Clan, with the exception of his sister, Kiryuin Hatsuki.

However, he wasn't subjected to bullying to the extent of desiring her demise. Instead, it resembled a strict military officer disciplining a feeble soldier.

Whenever he practiced swordsmanship, Hatsuki, who was a year his senior, would mysteriously appear and mercilessly pummel him, taunting him with comments like, "You're too weak!" or "Is that the best you can do?" Her aggression extended into their home life as well.

 

"Father, Eldest Mother, 2nd Mother and Big Brother has work to do in the capital, and Hatsuki is going off somewhere again. I guess I'll be alone for the time being. "

 

He used the term "mother" twice since his adoptive father, the head of the Kiryuin Clan, had two wives whom he loved equally and openly, a practice not uncommon in this world of polygamy. Asahi sat on his bed, contemplating how to spend his time.

 

The Memino Kingdom has a civilization similar to the Taisho period of Japan. So his surroundings also has a Japanese themed style. Asahi sat down on his bed and thought of something to do.

 

"Magic exists in this world, maybe I can use it too. Alr-!"

 

Suddenly, he experienced another vision of the recurring paradise. The only difference right now is that there are silhouettes that looks divine floating around.

Asahi's eyes turned wide open. And a smile appeared in his face.

 

"Is this my power? 'Creation' is it?"

 

The moment Asahi glimpsed the vision, he unlocked the power known as 'Creation.'

More accurately, it was as if he remembered how to wield the power he had possessed all along. The sight felt familiar, akin to reuniting with his long-lost treasure.

Asahi extended his arms before him and visualized a firearm, the Desert Eagle, frequently encountered in shooting games. Within moments, the gun materialized in his hands, conjured into existence through the power of Creation.

"Wow, why does this feel nostalgic?"

Asahi marveled, holding the Desert Eagle in his grasp. The act of utilizing Creation invoked a deep sense of familiarity within him, as if he had wielded this power countless times before. It was as if he had finally rediscovered a precious treasure that had long been lost.

(Normally, shouldn't characters getting isekai'd to another world still finds it difficult to control there powers at the beginning? Shouldn't it take atleast some time before they'll become accustomed to their newfound powers? That's what I read on isekai light novels.. So why does it feels like it's too easy?)

Asahi became suspicious. However, he brushed off the thought because he deemed it unnecessary to think about.

Then, a smile appeared on his face.

"Hehehe, now this is gonna be fun."

4