Chapter 5 – Nemo Raunne
18 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a certain part of the Caskvalor Kingdom, there was a relatively large village close to the sea called Clave Village. Within it, a certain family lives.

They are a family of three; a father, a mother and a daughter. They are the Raunne Family.

12 years ago, when the Raunne Kingdom was destroyed, the princess eloped with her commoner lover and moved to the village.

They didn't have enough time to escape outside the country, so they decided to lived in the remote part of the Caskvalor Kingdom as a result.

They eventually got married and became a family.

Later, the princess gave birth to a child. They named her Nemo Raunne.

Even with her kingdom destroyed, the princess still lived a very happy life with her family.

However, one day-

"Mama, Papa, I'm going out to play with my friends! I'll be back soon!" Nemo's voice echoed with youthful excitement.

"Alright, dear. Take care and don't wander too far," her mother replied, a hint of concern lacing her words.

"Remember to return before dusk, my child," her father added, his voice filled with gentle caution.

"I will, I promise!" Nemo beamed, her face radiant with anticipation.

The Raunne parents watched their daughter's figure disappear into the expanse of the village, their hearts filled with a blend of parental worry and boundless love.

:::

In a small forest near Clave Village, the joyous laughter of children playing hide and seek filled the air.

Nemo, her eyes scanning the surroundings, called out with excitement, "Ready or not, here I come!" As she searched, one by one, she discovered her friends-Mia, Lloyd, Lea, Eric, and Chloe-hiding among the trees.

"Haaa, that was fun, I'm tired so let's head back" the boy named Eric said.

"Yes! I can't wait to eat my grandma's cooking!" the boy named Lloyd replied, raising his arms in the air. 

"I guess we should get going then" the girl named Mia said.

"Alright, bye everyone!" the girl named Lea said.

"Yeah, bye!" the girl named Chloe said.

"Bye, everyo-!" Nemo waved as she made her way home.

Nemo was about to finish their farewells when her attention was abruptly drawn to a sinister sight-a plume of black smoke rising into the sky. Panic seized her, and she cried out in alarm, "Hey, guys! What's happening? Is the village on fire?"

"Oh no! We must hurry back!" Lea exclaimed, urgency coloring her voice. 

"Yes!" They all agreed, their concern etched across their faces.

Arriving at the village, they were met with a harrowing scene of chaos and destruction. Villagers lay slain, felled by a merciless group of men. Fear gripped them all, their hearts pounding in their chests.

"W-what the... no wait! You guys! I'm gonna find my mama and papa! So I'll spit up with you all!" said Nemo, her eyes almost tearing up.

"Yeah, I'm also going to find my family, so let's all split up." Mia said, trying to keep her calm.

"Yes!" The others nodded in agreement, resolved to search for their loved ones. 

Upon reaching her home, Nemo discovered her parents lying almost lifeless on the floor, their bodies drenched in crimson blood. Despair overwhelmed her, and tears streamed down her cheeks as she knelt beside them.

"Mama! Papa! Are you alright?" Nemo cried out, shaking their lifeless forms, desperate for a response.

"Ne... mo... run... you must... live..." Her father's voice was weak, barely audible.

"Take this... Nemo... this is my.. last gift for... you.. This is goddess Ceres' gift.... to our ancestors back in the Holy Era... Our royal family... didn't know how to use it.. but someday.. I know you can.. " her mother said, giving her a golden token with a crest engraved on it. "Just remember.. that me and your papa... will always... love you.." With those last words, their hearts ceased to beat.

"Mama! Papa!" Nemo wailed, her anguish echoing through the empty house. After a moment, she wiped away her tears, pocketed the token, and fled from the wreckage.

However, her escape was cut short by a hulking figure barring her path. She attempted to break free, but the man's strength overwhelmed her, and she found herself being dragged away against her will. Despite her futile struggle, she refused to surrender.

The surroundings were full of dead villagers, some where impaled by dozens of spears, some have their heads hanged, and the others were crucified.

The lifeless forms of its inhabitants strewn about-a grim sight that would haunt the mind of any witness.

The man's command reverberated through the air, eliciting a sinister response from his comrades.

"Kill them all! Spare only the children below twenty years of age!" he bellowed, his voice dripping with malice.

Half an hour later, the village of Clave was engulfed in flames, its very existence vanishing from the map.

:::

More than a week had passed, and Nemo, along with the other children from the Clave Village, were forcibly dragged out of the ship by the men who had posed as pirates. They seems to have arrived on a certain island.

Their bodies were full of bruises, their hands were chained, and they were all exhausted for traveling into the sea with a minimum amount of food. Their eyes also looks dead.

"Hehe, we had a great harvest this time!"

"The blood of those bandits must be boiling right now, having their prey stolen! Hahaha!"

"These kids are gonna sell a high price!"

The pirates laughed, while conversing with each other.

Meanwhile, Nemo's gaze burned towards them with a fierce hatred, but her frailty rendered her powerless.

Then, to her surprise, the pirates suddenly fell into the ground one by one, their foreheads bearing bullet holes.

Bewildered, Nemo and the other children scanned their surroundings, searching for the source of this inexplicable turn of events, but found nothing.

*BOOMM!! BOOOM! BOOMM! BOOM!

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

Explosions erupted from the pirate base, engulfing it in a raging inferno. The children watched in awe as the flames consumed their captors.

Though the scene was destructive, the fiery embers floating in the air and it's red light reflected on the smokes and surroundings were truly beautiful to witness.

Then, a figure clad in pitch-black metal descended before them, landing with an air of otherworldly grace. Its crimson eyes gleamed with an intense light, mirroring the fiery turmoil that raged behind it.

However, what surprised them the most is that the figure have the same height and stature as them. It's as if it is a child.

"Are you all right?" the m etallic being spoke, its voice a blend of concern and reassurance.

It's metal head retracted and what was inside it was a face of a handsome young man with black hair and crimson eyes, he was also around the same age as Nemo, who is 10 years old.

2