Chapter 1 – Car Park
28 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 1 – Car park

Without care for her image, Wang Zhen Zhen squatted dejectedly at the entrance of Hongke Real Estate Company’s car park. 

“Chief Editor, don’t!......  Take a look at it again.  The draft drawing is the best draft I’ve done ever since I entered this profession.  Just for this, my brain cells are all dead.  It’s truly a piece of fine art.  Please take a look at it again......”

It was obvious that the woman at the other end of the phone had lost her patience. 

“Zhen Zhen, ah....... I know that you have used all your effort but I’ve told you numerous times, your manuscript taste is too heavy.  Too heavy, do you understand?   What we need is the youthful girlie style!  Young girls, okay?  Young girls don’t always shout ‘egg pain, smashed egg*’.  You have to follow the market demand and you must understand that readers may not necessarily accept what the author produces.  Okay, I’m busy......I’ve to hang up........”

(Egg pain is testis pain and smashed egg is used to describe a sense of helplessness. These are buzzwords to describe anger and pent-up emotions.)

The Chief Editor was too lazy to argue with Wang Zhen Zhen and straightaway hung up the phone. 

Wang Zhen Zhen’s pair of big eyes stared at the screen on her mobile phone that had gone dark and her saliva sprayed as she started to curse.

“Young girls, your mother!   Market demand, your mother!  Don’t young girls have eggs too?  Even if they don’t have eggs down there, why can’t they have eggs in their hearts?”

As a furious fire burned in her head, she thought of her Aunt who had sent her to Hongke Real Estate to sell insurance but she did not even get to enter their main door.  She waited in the mid-level of the car park hoping to force-sell insurance but in the end, the person stepped on the accelerator and shot off making her swallow a belly full of grievances.  The more she thought, the angrier she became. 

In front of her, a black Mercedes Benz luxury car with the air of a wealthy man’s arrogance was moving towards her.  Instantly, her brain heated up and as if controlled by mysterious forces, she reached into her shopping bag to take out two eggs.  Then with ferocity, she aimed and threw them at the front windscreen of the car!

Finally, she committed the legendary thing called ‘revenge on society’.

Two eggs that harbored hate for the rich fell on the hard windscreen and immediately spread out into two large egg blooms.  The dirtied luxury car instantly braked and the screeching tires sounded particularly harsh in the quiet car park.  Suddenly the car door opened and a pair of glistening leather shoes stepped out of the car.  Wang Zhen Zhen shrank involuntarily and moved backward.

But sometimes, a person can be bewitched or lose his mind.......for example, the brave Wang Zhen Zhen at this moment.  When she saw the person exiting the car was a handsome guy in a western suit wearing a pair of dark sunglasses, Wang Zhen Zhen who was a little short-sighted, already knew the man’s face would be very black without the need to guess.  She did not even think of running away.  Instead, her first thought was to reach into her bag and grab the only weapon........the last egg.

With an egg in her hand, her waist instantly straightened up and then she heard the handsome guy’s gloomy voice. 

“Are you crazy?!”

Wang Zhen Zhen was surprised and felt that the words sounded a bit familiar but the handsome guy was walking towards her at a very fast pace.  Her mind was clogged with egg paste and she did not have time to think.  Seeing the tall man’s fierce manner, she panicked and threw the last egg at him. 

At the same time, she shouted out.  “So what if I am crazy?!”

Her high school sports performance was very bad but her skill at ball throwing was fast and accurate.  This time, she displayed the optimum performance of her high school days.  The egg landed exactly on the handsome guy’s sunglasses and broke. 

The handsome man’s face looked terrible as the egg mixture slowly dripped down his sunglasses.  Unable to restrain his temper, he took off his sunglasses and glared at Wang Zhen Zhen angrily. 

A fiery flame flicked around him and through his thin lips, three words were spat out one by one. 

“Wang Wang Wang! ! !” 

The three words set off a violent storm in Wang Zhen Zhen’s heart and her arrogance instantly vanished.  She shrank back to her original self and was so scared that she took a big step back.

Wang Wang Wang was her nickname in high school.  Her high school was prestigious and was the only aristocratic high school in the city which comprised mostly all of the city’s wealthy children. At that time, Wang Zhen Zhen’s mother naively thought that by enrolling her in that kind of school, she would be able to absorb some aristocratic temperament and from then onwards, she would be able to walk the path of a goddess.  In the end, after going through numerous connections, her mother was able to stuff her commoner daughter into the school and therefore, it was conceivable how unbearable it was for Wang Zhen Zhen to recall her high school life.

For three whole years, she was unable to raise her head in front of those wealthy young ladies and could only throw tantrums.  Her mother refused to transfer her from that school since her mother had invested a lot of effort to get her admitted.  After she graduated from high school, she secretly changed her ambition and successfully got admitted into a university in a faraway province.  Finally, she regained the feeling of being a human and started anew.

Except for a few good friends, she severed contact with almost all her schoolmates in high school.  After graduating from university, she stayed at home to draw.  It was only recently that her mother forced her to set aside her drawings and join her aunt in the insurance business.

Why did she have to meet her old classmates the moment she ventured out?

Wang Zhen Zhen heard the sound of egg cracking and at the same time, she was unable to figure out who the handsome guy was.  The next moment, she retorted.  “Wang Wang Wang......your mother!”

In high school, she was not the only one who was always bullied by others.  There was someone she could also bully and that person was that Pig-head who weighed two hundred catties.

(One catty equals 600gm, so 200 catties = 120kg.)

Every time after being bullied by those wealthy classmates, she would return to her seat with a distorted expression and slap the thick fleshy nape of Pig-head.  Pig-head was a boy who was silent and forbearing with a heart as big as his waist.  If he really could not stand it, he would only open his mouth to retort something like.........

”Wang Wang Wang, are you crazy?”

Then she would roar back. ”Wang Wang Wang......your mother!”

Just like when she was in high school, after roaring out the words, she turned around and ran!

“Wang Wang Wang, how dare you run?!” 

Behind her, the man’s loud voice scared her so much that she broke into a mad rush on her thin pair of legs.

If those wealthy young ladies from high school were to know she had dropped so low as to sell insurance, even if the skin on her face is as thick as a wall, it would not be enough.

Wang Zhen Zhen did not want to have any contact with her wealthy classmates again and so her little universe exploded and she broke into a mad run.

It could also be considered as she was lucky.  Just as she ran out of the car park, she saw a taxi in front of her which was about to drive away. 

Shifu!.......  Stop ! ! ! !” 

Wang Zhen Zhen ran towards the car in quick light steps.  She hurriedly opened the car door and climbed in.

“Hurry!  Hurry!  My life is in danger!”

The nosey taxi driver followed Wang Zhen Zhen’s line of sight and saw an angry-looking handsome man wearing a Western suit chasing behind the taxi.  With understanding, the taxi driver nodded in a meaningful way. 

“Chased by a handsome guy indeed puts your life in danger, ah!”

The sentence would have a very different meaning to many people and Wang Wang Wang who draws comics with a heavy taste also had the same thought.  Angrily, she glared at the taxi driver and endured without speaking.

She turned back her head and narrowed her eyes at the handsome guy chasing the taxi.  She looked at him over and over again, racking her brains to try and figure out his identity but after a long while, she still could not remember him.

The first person who called her by the nickname ‘Wang Wang Wang’ was the Pig-head sitting together with her at the same desk.  As a result, the nickname was spread out in less than half a day like the speed of the locusts in passing.  The classmates in the wealthy young ladies' group were even more excessive.   At times when the class was very quiet, they would love to suddenly scream out her nickname, and then the whole class would erupt into laughter.  However, Wang Zhen Zhen endured in silence, did not retaliate, and could only secretly blame the Pig-head.

Although the net worth of all the boys in the class was over hundreds of millions, the Pig-head being the wealthiest boy had a net worth as sturdy as his weight.  It was heard that the assets of the family were ranked as one of the top three in the city.  But what made Wang Zhen Zhen gratified was that there were no handsome guys in their class, so the dazzling handsome guy just now should not be in their class.

But when she listened to the voice and the tone of speech, it sounded somewhat familiar and Wang Zhen Zhen wondered who the guy was.

Soon she did not have the mood to think more about this because her aunt, Wang Bai He called. 

As the first-ranked gold medalist insurance salesperson in life insurance, Wang Bai He was naturally domineering and straightforward, so she asked. 

“Have you entered Hongke yet?  Have you seen the person in charge?”

Wang Zhen Zhen shrank her neck and mumbled.  “I.......Auntie......security.......didn’t let me in......”

“What?”  Wang Bai He was shocked.  “Didn’t I give you the phone number of the person in charge?  The person in charge is a friend I frequently have tea with and he would never let me down.” 

Wang Zhen Zhen felt wronged.  “Auntie, I called him but his secretary said he was in a meeting and told me to wait.  Then......”

“Then?.......”

“Then.........” 

I went to the supermarket to buy food and after buying food I threw three eggs and ran away.  I had long forgotten about looking for the person in charge.......

But how would she dare to tell the truth? 

So she frowned and said.  “Then.......my stomach suddenly hurt, so I came back.”

It was obvious that her aunt had a headache with Wang Zhen Zhen who failed to live up to expectations.  The aunt was silent for several seconds and it could be guessed that she was inhaling and exhaling to calm herself and trying to restrain the urge to roar.

“Forget about today’s matter.  Actually, the reason I sent you over is to let those people know you and didn’t expect much from you.  Zhen Zhen, you must remember.........we depend on a network of contacts to sell insurance and even if customers give us expressions that are colder than winter frosts, we still have to melt them with the heat of summer.  Zhen Zhen, you have to believe the insurance business is an admirable business that enhances people’s sense of security.  It’s a ‘sunrise’ business........”

Her aunt started her brainwashing mode again.  When Wang Zhen Zhen listened to her aunt on the phone, she began to feel ‘egg pain’. (sense of helplessness) 

By the time she hung up the long phone call, it was an hour later.  In fact, when her aunt was about five minutes into her speech, Zhen Zhen had put her phone on hands-free mode and strolled around her little house to drink milk and feed the dog.  Every now and then, she would give a timely ‘.....Um......’  or  ‘.....Ah......’ as a positive response to her aunt and then continue with whatever she was doing.

Heaven knows that a job selling insurance is very shameful and difficult for her.  However, her mother had given her an ultimatum.........if the first half of this year, she earns less than $100,000, her small apartment would be taken away, her mother would let her sleep on the mat in the streets and her hand that draws pictures would be chopped off.

Her mother had said.  “This time, Mom is really coming back!”

Wang Zhen Zhen trembled. 

She remembered that the last time her mother had said the words - ‘Mom is really coming back’, this loser of a girl was thrown into the icy cold aristocratic high school and was bullied by a group of valiant wealthy young ladies for three whole years.  After being bullied so much, her pure heart slowly became twisted.  A stomach full of bad ideas was then all vented on the Pig-head who shared the same desk with her.  The depressed Pig-head began to eat more and more and then became fatter and fatter.  Later he simply left and went abroad.

Turning to the window, she looked at the dark clouds in the sky and started to feel sentimental. 

Pig-head, where are you?  Whenever my hands feel itchy, I think of your fatty flesh!  The feeling is so good!

**Note:  The following chapters can be read via the link below:-

You Are My Most Beautiful Secret

 

0