Chapter Eight: Do Not Resist
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The deafening noise of the engines from the Inter-City Police's flying airships blended with the gushing noise of the storm. Thunder strikes and joins in the chaotic symphony of bombs and canons. Men in armored uniforms yell out commands and fire their weapons at any moving target from the Families and Pink Flamingos. A blaring siren accompanied by a loud monotone voice riddled with static interruptions can be heard speaking.

"Do not resist,"

The sound of propellers can be heard getting louder, the airships are landing. More uniformed men offload from the vessels, armed with firearms and explosives. A hundred of Inter-City Police were on the driveway where the Families' airships are parked, at least fifty storming through the windows, and a dozen landed on the roofs of the mansion.

"Do not resist,"

Bose's men shoved him out of the way and shielded him from the bullet fire, all of them are shot dead. Blood spills all over the table, Bose is on the floor, and the bodies of his associates are on top of him. Some of his surviving men try to help him up but they are shot once Bose got to stand, and blood and guts splattered all over Bose's face.

"Do not resist,"

Stella's porcelain left arm was shattered from the explosion, which renders her unable to properly move. A goop substance oozed out of where the limb once was. She stumbles and crawls her way out of the room under the table. Shrapnel from the continuous explosion and gunfire went on the floor, piercing and cracking Stella's fragile body.

His face almost hurt when the blood of his men slapped his face, Judan fell down as he was blinded by the sting of the explosion. His men stacked on his body as they try to protect him, and a huge chunk of window debris pierced his abdomen. Judan moans in despair when he felt the pain.

Elvira's body slammed on the wall when the explosion occurred. The fire that followed toasted her face and burned her hair. She did not expect such an ambush to happen, even her fellow maids suffered from the attack. Debris cut open her neck and she is in critical danger, she chokes from the blood that finds its way to her mouth, but still, she stands to assist the remaining people in the room, especially Niko.

The Five Fingers' consigliere was thrown out of his seat. The glass debris punctured the right side of his face and damaged the gears of his metal jaw. Costello groaned as he realized parts of the wooden window frame riddled his whole upper body. The explosion ruined most of the seams of his suit, his hair is on fire and he doesn't even notice.

Inter-City Police storm inside the mansion and starts shooting everyone who's not wearing a badge. They deployed gas and explosives, tearing down doors, and dragging dead gangsters for identification. It all happened so swiftly and chaotic. Members of the Families and remaining Pink Flamingos try to fend off the intruders but they are easily killed and outnumbered.

The barracks are set ablaze by the police and the stockpiled weaponry explodes along with the gangster workers who were taking refuge at the building. The vehicles and airships outside were seized, the crew that operates the airships was shot dead and some were arrested. Surrendering gangster soldiers are mercilessly fired upon by firing squads and their bodies are burned along with confiscated Gangster Powder.

"Do not resist,"

Deep within the flying villa's core, a strike team of the Inter-City Police went inside the hot chambers of the massive engine where barrels of fuel are converted into energy. The poor and grimy workers were shot and killed, rounded up, and thrown inside the engine. The raiding members of the police planted a bomb timed for an explosion in exactly ten seconds.

They quickly evacuated the chambers and went up outside the villa as soon as possible, informing all members of the raiding party of the detonation. Before the surviving engine workers could escape, the bomb exploded and the engine was destroyed, melting the pistons and gears that are still churning the last bit of energy that it could muster on its own.

The flying island descends, slowly. Some of the systems malfunctioned but not all machinery keeping it afloat was compromised. So the Inter-City police made use of their airships and fired missiles at the remaining propulsors of the flying island. Huge pieces of dirt went undone and fell as the island maintains its slow descent.

The descent will destroy a part of Lostandos undercity but no one will care. The Inter-City Police continue their bombardment. As the flying island is visibly seen descending, the people from the ground watch, unaware of the bloodshed happening on the island. Panic erupted as a chunk of land crashed violently at a neighborhood and it is followed by more pieces of dirt that kills countless innocent undercity citizens.

Somewhere, the people of the Borderhoods watched in terror as they witness a literal mass of earth descending in an abnormal manner not far from their home. They can see the fireworks and explosions that are happening on the island. People that are running away from the undercity are seen covered in mud and dirt, screaming and hysterically crying for help.

But the Inter-City Police stationed at the border checkpoints blocks access to the poor souls that are rushing to safety, shooting at those who attempt to trespass. Then a stampede occurred and piles of dirt-covered people swarmed the stations, prompting the guards to shoot indiscriminately. Screams and awful cries can be heard and  followed by an automated voice interrupted by static pauses;

"Do not resist,"

At the villa, a standoff between the gangsters and police has taken place led by Gian who is carrying Niko, Judan, Elvira, and the golden skeleton of Gloria on his shoulders. His guards are equipped with rifles, holding their ground and trying to defend themselves. Beside the don is Mako who is repeatedly clicking his nose to activate its electro pulse but to no avail.

Radio operators attempt at transmitting a broadcast signal to inform other members of the Families that they are under attack. Mechanics tries to fix and energize Gian's Knuckle Sandwich gauntlet, it was damaged earlier when the police stormed the mansion.

Along with the surviving members of the Giant Crime Family are a handful of Bose's remaining soldiers who are treating their boss' wounds. Only the sound of rifle firing, explosions, bombardment, and screams can be heard, even the loudest commands are inaudible.

Gian looks over at the rest of the gangsters taking cover. A good number of them, including Mako, are terrified. Some of them stare blankly at the edge of the island, contemplating if they should jump and end it all. Gian scoffs at the disgusting sight of weakness. He drops Niko, Elvira, and Judan on the ground near Mako. He grabs the skeleton by its skull and lovingly gazes at the empty eye sockets. Then he proceeds to suck out all of the Gangsta Powder that it contains, the veins on his forehead pop and radiated a magenta-colored pulse.

Their position is near the edge of the villa and about half a mile away from his mansion where his gauntlet is supposed to be. Gian, in his charged-up state, makes his way back to his mansion, ramming and throwing everything and everyone blocking his way. Bullets and shrapnels graze past his body but he doesn't flinch.

Mako watches as Gian grabs policemen by their necks and throws them at their comrades. But an energy blast powered by steam cut open Gian's stomach, he bled a lot and his intestines peeked through. But this doesn't stop  Gian, who is a hulking monstrosity berserk-ing through the barricades. Once the obstacle has been cleared, the gangsters cheered loudly and howled with joy.

With an opening in sight, the remaining gangsters went after Gian, charging towards the dazed policemen. The melee combat overpowered the police force which prefers long-range tactics. Clearly, their strategy is completely lost now. Everyone from the gangster's position, even the engineers, threw themselves toward the police who are now in a state of confusion, the gangster's crazed state is too much. Apparently, most of them snorted powder.

Meanwhile, Mako was about to follow, must be his survival instincts and fear kicking in, but he was stopped by Judan, who awoke. Judan pointed at Niko and Elvira then grabs Mako by the hair as he stood his ground and toss Mako to his two unconscious colleagues. Judan quickly glances at Mako and then smirks, he then weakly tried to follow his fellow gangsters to a death charge.

Casualties from both sides are horrendous. The floating island is breaking up and large quantities of dirt are falling; from the sky, it looks like it is raining soil. Metal parts from the burning engine start to fall off, and some of the remaining engineers inside the engine are still trying to burn fuel to keep the island floating even a little bit, but its descent continues slowly. The island is decreasing its altitude near the Borderhood and on top of the most populous area of the Lostandos undercity. Hundreds are affected, trapped inside their homes on top of the solid earth and some are choked from the dirt-filled air. Thousands died from the falling debris and from the stampede that is occurring.

The border guards, even with the floating island literally falling on top of them, stood their ground and refuses entry for the mud-covered, fleeing citizens. They are shooting almost everyone who dares to cross the gates and walls. But they are overrun by not just the people, but by fear. Some of them managed to outrun and dodge the bullets but many died when the guards start to indiscriminately fire their weapons at every citizen trying to flee the undercity.

"Do not resist,"

At the mansion, Gian somehow managed to get his gauntlets. But he is covered in bullet holes except for his face. His body is bleeding excessively, the flesh on his chest area is torn, and a bone can be seen on his fat, meaty shin on his left leg. The airships in the sky start to fire their weapons at Gian, but he immediately grabs a random gangster and shielded himself using the gangster's body, and when that poor soul's flesh is disintegrated by the bullets from the airship, Gian would just grab the next soldier to use as his shield.

When the firing stops, he hurls entire corpses towards the airships, throwing blocks of rubble, and using the extendable cords from his nipple to make his gauntlets fist a hole in the engines. The airship burns as its occupants evacuate, they jump with parachutes but the unlucky ones jump to their deaths.

Judan finally catches up, he points at his screaming soldiers to the police forces who are now changing their positions, retreating to a vantage point. When the attackers saw the gangsters desperately charging towards them, they shoot their weapons, it is a bloodbath. Some manage to break the police force's line, engaging once again in melee combat.

Gian continues to throw people and rubble at the remaining airships. Judan is doing nothing except limp around and ordering people to attack the police. Mako is watching the battle, how to tables have turned, and the winds have shifted in their favor. It looks like they are now winning this surprise attack. Mako lets out a sigh of relief, mesmerized by the bloody sight, a crippling smirk forms on his face, and he thought it must've been good to be a real gangster.

Unbeknownst to Mako, Niko is now awake, the doctor shivered when he witness Mako's smirk. It reminded him of his past. Niko reaches out and places his hand on Mako's shoulder. Startled, Mako flinches, but as soon as he sees Niko's condition he genuinely felt safer. Mako points at the battle going on, the fires and shadows make a silhouette of the battle, like theatre, it is accompanied by screams and shouting and weapons firing.

They both watched Gian leading the gangsters along with Judan, they are winning, but many from his side are dead. Mako and Niko approached Bose, who is still being tended by his own crew. Niko, along with Bose's crew, carried the Pink Flamingo's boss to better see the battle clearly, they all watched in relief that the attack is almost over when the police retreated and has been pushed back to the edge of the other side of the island. Also, the rain finally stops, its efforts to extinguish the flames failed and the fire grew stronger when it ceased. The wind is still strong, bringing along the echoes of groans and moans of the dying and injured.

But a quick thunderous sound surprised everyone, even the policemen. They paused and look around to see where the noise came from. Then a sudden burst of energy made an impact on Gian's position, annihilating both gangsters and police. The once-crazed gangsters run towards the other side of the island once more, cowardly fleeing. At first, it felt like thunder, but as the clouds of dust settled, a bigger airship suddenly appeared.

This bigger airship has silent propellers and quiet but powerful engines. It is fitted with rockets on its sides and a large cannon on its front. Below it is a shaft for a wide platform where personnel and cargo are loaded; when it arrived on the island, it is prematurely open, and on the platform are heavily armored men with the initials 'AGU' vertically printed on their chest.

But one particularly familiar figure is noticeably standing out from the rest. This person is a bit shorter in height and has longer hair sticking out of their helmet. As the rest flees, Mako and Niko attempt to rescue Judan and Gian. This surprise attack also sent Bose and his remaining crew flying somewhere.

When the airship finally gets close to land, Mako stumbles as he notices the peculiar figure. His eyes widened and he is stunned when the person on the airship's platform removed their helmet. Niko notices that Mako wasn't following so he turns around and sees him trembling and looking rather suffocated in rage.

The person that stands out from the rest of the Anti-Gangster Unit reinforcement is none other than Sora, who is wearing a different-colored uniform. Sora wields two swords that glow, the light it emits makes it easy for Mako to see their face.

"Please, Do not resist,"

0