Chapter 39: Blushing Brawler
440 3 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Ōishi Tsukasa POV): 

The aching pain in my forehead sent tingles down my spine, the specks of light growing in my vision like stars in the night sky told me I had a concussion. When my leg made contact with his muscular thighs the slap of our flesh together sounded heavenly. More, more I want to hurt you more~! 

“I'm glad I can help Sensei, but shouldn't you be the one teaching me?” My metal aura-coated fist crashed into the block of ice trapping my hand in his gut. The ice shattered as my encased hand was freed, pins and needles poked at my skin as I flexed my fingers. 

“Unlike the other instructors who’ve had years to hone their craft after retirement, I've just come off of active duty. My role in my old team was support: binding, trapping, and casting illusions on the most stubborn phantoms we fought. Only recently have I taken to fighting outside of a small unit so forgive me if I'm a little sloppy!” He said that and made all these excuses and yet when his fist crashed into my jaw I felt like I was hit by a freight train. 

My grip on his arm pinned in my armpit finally broke and the man sighed in relief before shaking his numb hand. We were both free of each other and trapped inside a tight dome of earth. This was a cage match and that thought made me grin as unlike that little blonde she-devil teleporting around I could finally land hits on my opponent.

“As long as you give me a good fight here I'm happy Sensei, show me your power—!” His fist crashed into my face as I bounced off of the rock wall of my barrier. The only reason my skull wasn't shattered was because my metal aura blunted the damage. That didn't mean though that the feeling of my brain jostling around in my skull was dampened as my legs grew weak and my vision swam. 

My fingers gripped into the dome as I borrowed some of the earth aura from it to create guantlets made of rock. The sight of Sensei channeling geist in his palm in the form of a pair of knuckle dusters had me grinning. Our fists met in the middle, the impact vibrating through my body like the ringing of a bell. My heels dug in as I reared back and delivered another devastating punch, the mans brass knuckles meeting the brown stone covering my fist. The crack of stone shattering filled the air as his punch overwhelmed me, my knuckles stinging as they crashed against the cool feeling of solid shadow. 

“Come on Tsukasa if you’re going to make it as a brawler your aura’s going to need to be stronger than that!” His words were punctuated by a kick in my gut that lifted me into the air. Spit and bile flew from my lips as the wind was knocked out of me. A crushing sensation spread across my core as his shoe pinned me up against the wall of my dome. I felt helpless, my arms weakly flailed at him trying land something, some sort of hit that would break this crushing pressure on my gut.

 I couldn't touch the ground to access any earth for me to control and projecting it outside of my body would at best get me to launch a pebble at him. Tearing down my barrier would work but if he escaped I’d be unable to trap him again. The only other option would be to use a different element, but rather embarrassingly I had only focused on the two elements that made up my Eukrasia, that being fire and earth. Earth is already out of the picture with my access to the ground cut off and if I used fire inside such a cramped space I'm liable to burn myself along with him. 

That leaves either air or water, but with my natural inclination for earth aura on the affinity chart Sensei made my best bet would be water. Even though due to my innate talent with metal aura the distribution of my affinity is spread across two elements I still have a ‘dominant’ element. My dominant element is earth and I would say the ratio of my affinity taken up by it is 80% the other 20% going to fire. That means that the element closest to me that I can efficiently use is water. 

[A/N: This is probably confusing but the best way to explain it is that she has a 100% efficiency rate in generating both fire and earth aura, but in terms of her connection to the other elements as it relates to the elemental aura efficiency chart she is closer to earth meaning her efficiency chart would look something like this:] 

Tsukasa’s Elemental Aura Chart

The feeling of geist pouring in through the humor node near my kidneys made me shudder, the sensation felt like warm steam was pushing against my organs. This was probably a sign that I hadn't used my water aura enough, my focus on mastering my natural Eukrasia meant that other areas of my training were neglected. So when a tiny orb of water aura grew in my palms as the moisture from the air near me was gathered to form the shuddering ball of water it looked pathetic. Clasping my hands together with the tips of my fingers pointing toward sensei I created a nozzle for the water to release from. 

The pressurized jet of water left the tip of my fingers like a fire hose. Sensei removed his foot pinning me against the wall as he dodged the attack. Instead of feeling down at having missed him I grinned at the success of my escape because as soon as my feet made contact with the ground a ripple of earth aura spread from me. Seismic waves traveled through the ground as jagged spikes of stone rose into the air ready to impale him. 

“Very good.” His praise was followed by him casually stomping his foot against the rocky spikes and pushing them back down into the ground. “Using every elemental aura you have access to is the key to becoming a great exorcist.”

The man made a finger gun with his hand before a marble-sized orb of golden light grew on the tip of his index finger. I knew this attack, it's the same one that blond she devil uses! In such an enclosed space my ability to react in time is almost nonexistent. My metal aura didn't have time to coat my body as the beam pierced through my left shoulder before crashing into the wall behind me with a steaming hiss. Searing pain flared in my shoulder as the cauterized hole in my flesh released foul-smelling smoke in the air. My face scrunched up in pain and I found myself unprepared for the flurry of punches the man would deliver.

“Fight past the pain Tsukasa, very rarely will you ever go through a battle without it. You've got to use it, channel it into your power!” As he spoke his fists gave me a thorough beatdown, each strike hitting my weak points with pinpoint accuracy sending lancing pain through my flesh. 

I should hate him, he's hurting me after all. Just like my father this man is destroying my hope, my confidence in my ability to one day get my revenge and yet unlike my father this mans punches carry something deeper. Each strike was delivered in a way to highlight my weaknesses, the pain bearable unlike the sadistic strikes my father used to dish out. With each exchange my body adapted to the rhythm and I began to dish out my own strikes. He was helping me grow, the pain being a necessary part of the process to achieve my goal. 

“Yes Sensei!” I roared as my fist crashed into his gut, the man gasping for air. His emerald eyes looked at me and I had the distinct impression that there was something beyond just his pride in me as a teacher. No, sensei held a fondness for me that I’d only ever seen when he talked to Fumiko or Charlotte. Unknowingly my cheeks grew warm and when he landed a kick on my thigh a gasp left my lips. Electric arcs traveled across my body as a tingly warmth spread through me. 

“You look cute when you’re blushing Tsukasa.” His teasing words seemed to further light a fire in me as my cheeks felt scaldingly hot. My fist crashed into his outstretched arms as he swatted it away, our bodies flowing in a rhythm of fast-paced violence. Both of us were grinning like idiots as we ramped up our attacks. Blood dripped from my nose and Sensei fared no better as his busted lip sent sanguine liquid dripping down his chin. 

“S-sensei?”

“Hmm?”

“—Let's say if hypothetically I wanted to kill someone would you support me?” God, I sounded like a shy schoolgirl! Damnit maybe I was, and it didn't help that his face was close to me and the combination of sweat and cologne that he wore smelt wonderful. 

“Yep.” He responded casually by popping his lips as he made the P sound. His fist landed a strike on my chin, my head tilting as it rocked to the side.

“You aren't even going to ask who it is?” My incredulous voice was followed by a leg sweep that sent him off balance. Wrapping my arms around his waste I pivoted my body as I threw him over my hip. The man crashed to the ground and I followed right behind him as I straddled him. My toned thighs wrapped around his neck as my ass rested against his chest like a stool. His head poked out from underneath my body as he looked at me with a funny look. He seemed to be trying hard not to get horny at the situation and when my eyes looked back at the massive tent growing in his pants I knew he was failing miserably. 

“As long as it isn't any of the students here or Charlotte I don't give a damn.” His emerald eyes gazed up at me without an ounce of deception hidden in them. 

“Rest assured sensei it isn't any of your precious students. I want to kill my father, and if you help me I’ll give you what you want~” My grin grew wicked as I stood up from my position straddling him. The man's eyes were filled with the sight of the skin tight fabric of my workout shorts wedged between my pussy. I had pulled up at the edges of my shorts to create the effect. If sensei helped me kill that man he could have anything including me, but until that point he will have to settle for only visual stimulation.

23