Prologue
913 8 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Mr. Bale, your contract is hereby terminated.” 

 

My eyes widened hearing those words. “What do you mean?” 

 

“It means you’re canned. Fired. Do not show your face in this university ever again.” 

 

The president of this university was a cruel, heartless bitch.

 

“Mr. Bale, I have already explained as to why your contract is being terminated, yes? This behavior is completely unacceptable and will not be tolerated whatsoever.”

 

I nodded slowly at the president. Her voice was as cold as ice. But I guess she was understandably pissed off. I did something bad.

 

I stood up slowly and headed for the door. “Thank you for the opportunity, Mrs. Johnson,” I say, with the fakest smile and the most pleasant voice I can muster. 

 

“Just get the fuck out of my sight.” 

 

That was a little bit far, wasn’t it? I think it’s rather unprofessional for the president of an entire college to be using curse words. But once again, I guess I understand. Something bad came over me. 

 

My life is just so worthless and unmeaningful that I did what I did. My loneliness and need for attention led me to commit those dastardly deeds. I guess in the heat of the moment, I just didn’t care. 

 

I don’t even want to think about it now, because what I need to really focus on right now is getting a new job. Custodial work is all I know, so I guess applying somewhere else to be a janitor shouldn’t be too difficult. But they’ll definitely find out how I got fired, and it’s not like I can lie to them either, so my chances of finding a new job are probably slim to none. 

 

I guess that’s what happens when you’re a thirty-five-year-old man who peeps on college girls. But honestly, was what I did really that bad? There’s plenty of people in the world who would and do the same. In my opinion, I think that it’s pretty damn natural. And I bet you that if I looked better than I did right now, I’m sure that those girls would’ve wanted me badly.

 

That’s right, in this world, only the beautiful people get the highest privileges, it’s just how it is. But me? Steven Bale is not a good-looking man. Not with my greasy hair that I keep under a baseball cap. My janitor overalls are always covered in muck and grime, maybe because I just don’t care enough to wash it, I guess. 

 

I got a small, scraggly beard growing, and I wouldn’t say that my body is all very appealing, either. I’m the opposite of slim, so I can’t move very fast, but despite all that, I manage to get the job done as a janitor, so that’s something. It's honestly no wonder I’ve always been so unlucky when it comes to romance. I know that I’m hideous and appalling to the opposite gender. 

 

Anyways, enough of that. I just got to get out of here and think of what I’m going to do with my life. Sometimes I just wish that a case of money would fall from the sky and into my lap, that way I wouldn’t have to work for a living, and I could buy all the booze and women that I want. But life isn’t so generous. I sigh to myself as I walk out of the main building, watching many of the students look at me with disgust. Word spreads pretty quickly around here, so I wasn’t surprised if everyone knew what I had done by now.  

 

I must’ve let them all down. I think I was pretty cool with most of the students, some of them were even kind enough to talk to me. Calling me “Steve” or “Stevie”, it actually felt nice to be appreciated. But I guess I fucked that up. Not like I hadn’t fucked everything else in my life. 

 

I live alone with my mother. She’s sickly and elderly, and I know that it will kill her when she finds out that I was fired from my job. I’m all she has at this point. I grew up an only child, so I was really lonely in my younger years. My father died when I was little, so that took a toll on both of us mentally and financially. The only reason I haven’t given up on life yet is because of my mother. She depends on me to make money. But custodial jobs don’t always pay the best, but you can’t really teach a dog like me any new tricks. It’s all I’ve done my whole life, and I can’t really change now. 

 

My license was revoked because I tend to drink too much, and that was evident when I was behind the wheel. My mother is too old to drive, so nowadays I have to get by with walking. A big guy like me is really slow when it comes to this, but I guess it’s well-needed exercise. Good thing is, our home isn’t very far away from the university, so I’ll make it back in no time. It was the perfect job, because it was a quick little walk. But now, none of it mattered. 

 

I guess I’ll have a lot of free time until I get another job. Maybe I’ll just continue binging some of my favorite anime shows or something, because that’s usually what I do in my free time, aside from drinking booze, eating, watching porn, and playing video games. 

 

I always wondered to myself why all of the main characters of anime are always so fit and skinny? Like you never see a character who has my own body type, and when you do, they’re either a fucking dumbass or useless to the plot. It’s honestly ridiculous, and this once again, relates to the privileges of being a beautiful person. I bet if I looked like one of those main characters, everything would be handed to me on a silver platter. 

 

It was pretty late in the evening now, and I didn’t really want to go home just yet. I’m pretty distraught about getting fired for my job, so I need something to wash away the sorrow. The only thing that I could think of was getting drunk until I collapsed. Luckily, the closest bar was also not too far away. 

 

I slowly made my way to the bar, cars passing by me. I noticed that everyone was looking at me. They probably think that it’s the most surprising thing in the world, seeing a fat ass like me walking. I decided to ignore them and keep going. I could feel the sweat building up under my baseball cap, but I ignored it. 

 

I almost reached the bar when I heard some footsteps behind me. Looking ahead, there was no one in sight. I turned around slowly, and I was face to face with familiar faces. There was a group of four college students from the university, all male. They were all jacked up with fit physiques, the opposite of mine. 

 

“Oh, hello, gentlemen!” I say, trying to brighten the mood. The expressions of their faces were filled with anger and detest. “What can I do for you?”

 

“Grab him!” one of the guys says as he grabs me by one of my flabby arms. In subsequence, one of the other guys grabs my other arm. 

 

Despite being a big guy, my physical strength wasn’t all that great, especially when I was in the presence of men with gigantic muscles. 

 

“Hey! What the fuck are you doing! Let me go!” I yell, struggling as hard as I can.  

 

It’s no use. They’re too strong for me. The men drag me slowly into a nearby alley, their hands gripping my arms as tightly as they can. 

 

“You are going to pay for what you did, you fat, miserable bastard!” one of the men says, punching me right in the gut. He proceeded to do this repeatedly. 

 

I let out a loud yell and gasped for air. The punches felt like bullets, and the impact of each one felt as if my organs were going to rupture at any moment. Soon enough, I could feel blood coming out of my mouth. 

 

“Please. I’m sorry, just let me go…” I say softly and slowly. I doubt that I can even move after this. 

 

“You asked for this, Mr. Bale. You know that some of those women had boyfriends, right?! We don’t need a fat old creep perving on them!” one of the men says. 

 

“I’m sorry…” I say again, even slower than before. 

 

One of the men roars and punches me square into the jaw. The impact makes the two men lose their grips on my arms, and I feel myself falling to the cold, hard ground.

 

“Hey. Hey, I think the guy’s had enough,” one of the men says. 

 

There’s blood oozing out of my mouth and onto the ground. It felt like at any moment I was going to lose consciousness. 

 

“No, he hasn’t! I’m going to make him pay…” another man said. 

 

From the corner of my eye, I saw a glint. The man had pulled out a knife. I was so beaten up at the moment that I couldn’t even manage to let out another noise. 

 

The last thing I remember was the blade puncturing me, making me bleed, and then myself succumbing to it. 

14