Chapter 10 Araki’s Dream
932 4 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The exclamation in the classroom lasted for quite some time before gradually quieting down.

Almost every student knew that Namikaze Minato wanted to become the Hokage of Konoha, but knowing it was one thing, hearing it directly from Namikaze Minato was another.

At this moment, everyone truly understood Namikaze Minato's "ambition," and unconsciously, their gazes towards him had changed.

Even Yinsui sensei, who asked the question, looked at Namikaze Minato with eyes filled with admiration and appreciation.

After all...

To have taught a student like him was something worth boasting about for a lifetime!

...

After asking a few more students in succession, Yinsui sensei's gaze focused on Araki in the corner.

"Araki, what is your dream?" Yinsui sensei asked, displaying a slightly different demeanor than before. There was even a hint of hesitation in his expression.

I have to say...

Even Yinsui sensei found Araki to be a tough nut to crack.

In the past, whenever it came to asking Araki a question, his reaction was like opening a blind box.

When things were going well, he answered instantly, just like a top student.

But when things weren't going well, it was as if he didn't understand the question at all.

To the point that even from a teacher's perspective, unless there was a specific reason, they wouldn't deliberately approach Araki. The uncertainty he brought was too strong.

This time, when Araki was called upon, it didn't catch the attention of any other students.

The people in the classroom continued doing their own things. Those who had already answered began thinking about other matters or taking a break. Those who hadn't answered were mentally rehearsing their responses, thinking about how to answer quickly. No one paid any attention to how Araki would respond.

However...

Something unexpected happened this time.

Kushina, who had just transferred into the class, showed no interest when she heard about other people's dreams. After all, she didn't know any of these people, so listening was pointless, and she couldn't remember who was who.

But when it came to Araki...

Kushina's neck suddenly straightened, and her red twin tails bounced up and down twice. Her eyes, full of anticipation and curiosity, were fixed on Araki. She had been waiting for this moment for a long time.

"I..."

Araki's expression remained unchanged. Just like the other students waiting to be questioned, he had already figured out how to answer such a question.

From the moment he saw Kushina,  he knew the progression of the class and that they would eventually reach the stage of asking about dreams.

Dreams are elusive things!

If one speaks too grandly, they will be accused of aiming too high and being unrealistic.

But if one speaks too modestly, they will be seen as lacking ambition.

Araki wouldn't fully reveal his abilities, as that would attract more attention. Similarly, he wouldn't completely hide his abilities, as that would also draw the attention of some people. Only by keeping himself at a moderate level at all times could he blend in with the crowd.

The same principle applies to dreams!

Dreaming too big or too small will both attract attention.

Just like Namikaze Minato now, everyone in the class remembers his dream of becoming the Hokage.

"My dream... is... is... to become... a medical... medical ninja..."

Araki slowly spoke in a hesitant and somewhat awkward tone. This manner of speaking has been his presentation to everyone since he just learned the language here and hasn't quite mastered smooth expression yet, resulting in this effect.

In reality, during his time at the ninja school, Araki has gradually made progress in his language skills. However, this progress is not particularly noticeable, to the point that many people still have the impression of him struggling with language barriers.

This is the label Araki wants to gradually erase.

Just as his way of navigating here, he doesn't stand out too much, nor does he fall too far behind. He exists on a level among the average people because this level of individuals is often the largest and least likely to be noticed.

The language barrier that Araki exhibited before, to some extent, drew some attention to him.

However, at that time, Araki had no choice. He really couldn't speak, and even if he wanted to express himself, he simply couldn't.

It wasn't much different from a language barrier!

...

Upon hearing Araki's words, Kushina's beautiful eyes instantly sparkled, and various possibilities began to form in her mind.

Perhaps...

There's a chance...

It could be like that...

Kushina's thoughts quickly diverged in her mind. At her current age, she had a rich imagination and enjoyed indulging in wild ideas, especially when encountering such a peculiar person.

Actually, even before Araki spoke, Kushina was already imagining what kind of dream such a person might have.

It wouldn't be wanting to become the Hokage, right?

Or simply living a mediocre life?

Or perhaps he also wants to make friends with more people?

Kushina considered many possibilities. This guessing game made her feel strongly engaged and even more curious about Araki's dream.

It was precisely because of this...

She was greatly shocked when she heard Araki say that his dream was to become a medical ninja. It was something she had never expected.

"Why?"

In a timely manner, Teacher Yinsui asked the question. Not only Kushina, but even the teacher himself hadn't anticipated Araki saying something like that.

The students in the class didn't pay any attention to the situation. In fact, they didn't care about Araki's dream or anything related to it. It had nothing to do with them.

However, as a teacher, Yinsui felt quite surprised and decided to ask another question.

"Because... because..."

Araki didn't feel surprised at all about Yinsui's follow-up question. Even before he spoke these words, he had anticipated that he might be asked.

After all, when the previous students answered the question, some of them expressed contrasting dreams, and Yinsui had asked them why.

"I don't want... to let... more people... lose their parents..."

As Araki spoke, his eyes grew dim. By using this approach, he wanted to remind Teacher Yinsui and those who were paying attention to him that he had experienced the pain of losing his parents. That's why he appeared the way he did, and it wasn't anything special that needed attention.

Yinsui pursed his lips, silently nodded, and lowered his gaze, suppressing the admiration in his eyes. He didn't make further eye contact with Araki and looked at the next person instead. After Araki's response, he didn't express anything more.

It's enough to understand many things in one's heart.

Appreciation at this moment might become a weapon that harms this child.

Let the pain gradually drift away with the wind.

There will always be a day to move forward.

...

Kushina's beautiful eyes contracted in an instant. After hearing Araki's explanation, she felt a sense of broad-mindedness and compassion.

It was precisely because his parents sacrificed themselves during a mission that he wanted to become a medical ninja, to prevent others from experiencing the same tragedy and becoming like he is now.

His dream may not be grand, but it is meaningful!

At that moment, Kushina's gaze toward Araki underwent a subtle change.

She suddenly had a feeling that this peer named Araki was like a cryptic and profound book. Initially, when she started reading it, she only had a peculiar feeling. But as she delved deeper into understanding, she gradually discovered the mysteries within.

"No wonder he warned me not to make enemies..."

"It must mean that he really considers me a friend!"

"He doesn't want me, an outsider from a different village, to experience the loneliness of having no friends like he does!"

"Or perhaps..."

"He wants me to have more friends!"

"Or maybe he feels..."

Kushina's thoughts multiplied and grew more complex. She stared at Araki's lonely figure and inexplicably felt a pang of sympathy.

37