Chapter 38: Studying Medicine for the Rise of Konoha!
461 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I brought him!"

Nawaki immediately responded almost instantaneously, then quickly patted Araki on the back.

"Araki, it's your turn now. Go in and give it your all. I believe in you!"

Nawaki's speech speed was very fast at this moment, seizing the opportunity to cheer Araki on.

"Okay!"

Araki and Nawaki exchanged a glance, and he could see the sincerity flickering in Nawaki's eyes, especially that radiant smile, shining like the sun, capable of melting away all coldness.

Prior to this, he hadn't thought much about Nawaki. His understanding of Nawaki was limited to the fact that he had been killed by an explosion.

In the Naruto anime, the only things revealed about Nawaki were his personality, which was somewhat similar to Naruto's, as both aspired to become the Hokage of Konoha and were very optimistic and enthusiastic.

But there wasn't much positive information about Nawaki.

Because of this, Araki knew very little about Nawaki.

After their brief interaction just now, he found that Nawaki was indeed very enthusiastic. He had some similarities to Naruto, but he wasn't as reckless as Naruto and had some differences.

After the interview, he would simply thank Nawaki.

If they had no connection at all, Araki would never have taken the initiative to talk to Nawaki about anything.

Consider it repaying a favor.

With this in mind, Araki's mood relaxed considerably. He stepped forward into the interview location, not feeling particularly nervous about the situation.

"What's your name?"

When Tsunade saw Araki, a hint of surprise flickered in her beautiful eyes, but it disappeared after a moment.

He's really young!

It's rare to have someone this young in the medical ninja interviews!

Generally, to become a medical ninja, one must first be a ninja and receive systematic education at a ninja academy, mastering the basic knowledge and common sense of being a ninja. After graduating from the academy, they gradually plan their individual paths.

Ninja school is like a comprehensive education, almost all children in the village attend ninja school.

After graduating, they will each have their own different paths.

Some people feel that they are not suited to be ninjas, so they don't continue to pursue ninja-related activities. They live as ordinary people in the village, engaging in trade or farming to sustain their lives.

Some people switch to different fields, playing to their strengths and avoiding their weaknesses. They become sensor ninjas, genjutsu ninjas, and so on, fully utilizing their abilities.

Some people join the Anbu based on their personalities and qualities, doing things that stay out of the spotlight.

...

Medical ninjas are the same!

Usually, medical ninja interviews and selections are conducted for ninjas who have graduated from ninja school. It's very rare to directly recruit children who are still in school.

Tsunade's first reaction upon seeing Araki was that he was young. It's uncommon for someone of his age to decide to become a medical ninja. Her second reaction was not to pass him, hoping that Araki would return to ninja school and focus on studying.

It's a responsible mindset towards Araki.

Tsunade believed that if Araki truly wanted to become a medical ninja, he would still come after graduating from ninja school. By then, it would be easier for him to be accepted.

But for now, he is really too young.

His determination is not firm.

Regretting later would be too late.

Tsunade has seen too many hot-blooded individuals rushing into the ranks of medical ninjas and regretting it once their enthusiasm waned.

...

Not only Tsunade, but the other two elderly women also had the same reaction. Their brows furrowed tightly.

The three of them didn't need any verbal communication or even eye contact to know what to do. They already knew in their hearts.

This child is too young.

We can't accept him!

Uncertain about the future, and not suitable for now!

...

"Ar... Araki..."

Araki slowly uttered his own name. He had no idea that in that instant, the three individuals had already reached a conclusion about his yet-to-begin interview and were contemplating the content of the interview.

"Araki, very well. I have looked through your profile. You're nine years old and still attending ninja school. Why do you want to become a medical ninja?"

Tsunade held a sheet of paper in her hand and asked Araki. After reaching her conclusion, she became less concerned about the interview and was more interested in hearing Araki's thoughts.

The other two elderly women also directed their gazes towards Araki, their eyes shimmering with curiosity. They were also eager to know the answer to this question.

"I... I... I..."

Araki suddenly felt fortunate for creating this persona of speech impediment. It allowed him to buy more time for thinking while speaking haltingly. At this point, he still didn't realize that this was not actually an interview but merely an inquiry to satisfy their curiosity. He had already taken it as an interview question.

It seems...

They are questioning my core values.

Araki knew exactly how he should respond to such a topic. He definitely couldn't express his true thoughts but had to align his answer with the expectations of the questioners. He needed to say what they wanted to hear.

"I want..."

Araki was organizing his thoughts in his mind.

He considered saying that he wanted to use medical ninjutsu to save more people, but he felt it lacked uniqueness.

He then thought about saying that he wanted to prevent the occurrence of people like him in the village, but upon careful consideration, he realized it was related to pain and injuries. Treating the symptoms without addressing the root cause.

Finally, he thought about saying something like rescuing the dying and healing the injured to contribute to the greater good. However, it sounded like a catchy slogan but lacked substance, clearly unrealistic.

This kind of flexible questioning seemed like an opportunity, but in reality, if he didn't handle it well, it would completely block his path forward.

"Take your time, don't rush. We're not pressuring you."

Tsunade's voice suddenly became gentle, and a radiant smile bloomed on her face. She saw in Araki's profile that he had an expressive disorder, which, for a medical ninja, wasn't a significant issue.

Tsunade was extremely strict when it came to medical ninjas, particularly in medical ninjutsu. She didn't tolerate any carelessness or mistakes and remained serious during her work.

But after deciding not to recruit Araki, when she spoke to him, she became a tender elder sister, completely shedding her previous cold demeanor.

This sudden change brightened Araki's eyes.

Got it!

Araki thought of a reverse scene where Tsunade's smile turned into a stiff expression. She had witnessed two of her most beloved people depart from this world.

During that time, she had been advocating for a new policy, hoping that every ninja team would be equipped with a medical ninja. However, it was vetoed by the Third Hokage.

That was Tsunade's dream.

As long as his own dream aligned with the interviewer's dream.

That would be the most powerful resonance!

This is the power of intelligence!

Araki suddenly felt a weight lifted off his heart. After clarifying his direction, he knew what to say.

So...

Let's start with a domineering sentence from a great figure in the land of Shinobi!

"I... I want to study medicine for the rise of Konoha!"

Araki spoke with a halting voice but filled it with an air of dominance and determination.

As his words fell...

Everyone present, including Tsunade and Jōnin Shizune, widened their eyes, unable to believe what they were hearing.

15