Chapter 41: When Did We Become Friends?
487 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Why?"

Suddenly, a questioning voice rang out, appearing unexpectedly and catching everyone off guard.

It was Nawaki...

Frowning, he walked out from the corner, his face still carrying an indescribable discontent and anger.

"Araki completed the assessment according to the requirements. Why can't he become a medical ninja?"

Nawaki walked step by step to stand in front of Araki, slightly positioning himself to shield Araki without completely blocking him.

He witnessed the entire process!

Initially, he was worried for Araki, thinking that Araki wouldn't be able to pass the assessment. But when he saw Araki using the Water Style ninjutsu, he suddenly realized that his little brother was a genius.

Such an approach had clearly broken the conventional thinking!

Nawaki aspired to become the Hokage of Konoha. He had his own ideas and a strong sense of initiative. His perspective and approach to problem-solving differed greatly from his peers.

He understood that if he wanted stability, he had to adhere to established rules. But if he sought development, he had to break limitations. In that fleeting moment, he saw the future of medical expertise in Konoha in Araki.

"Nawaki, why did you come out? This matter has nothing to do with you. Don't get involved," Tsunade said.

Tsunade's tone suddenly softened, showing no intention of blaming Nawaki. After all, he was her beloved little brother, and she had her own reasons for this matter.

"Big sis, without trust, one cannot stand. Araki has fought for this opportunity himself, and you're shutting it down like this. I can't just stand by and do nothing!"

Nawaki shook his head directly, his sudden seriousness giving off a strong sense of presence.

This unexpected turn of events caught everyone at the scene off guard.

Tsunade and Nawaki, the sibling pair, were actually arguing!

Such a scene was rare to witness!

"I...I...I give up."

Araki's thoughts raced, and he immediately spoke up. He came here seeking stable development and the support of someone like Tsunade. If it worked out, great. If not, it didn't matter much to him.

The talk about studying medicine for the rise of Konoha was just an excuse he came up with to pass the exam.

In reality, he just wanted to live an easy life.

Now that the assessment had turned into such a farce, it was something he absolutely didn't want to see.

If it continued like this...

The argument between Tsunade and Nawaki would undoubtedly become known by more people, becoming a topic of discussion over meals and gatherings.

And naturally, it would inevitably mention his name.

Once others found out that he used Water Style ninjutsu instead of medical ninjutsu to save the live fish, the attention he would receive from such a topic was something Araki completely wanted to avoid.

Araki knew that most of the attention wouldn't lead to any negative consequences. People would talk about it for a while and then move on, without necessarily bringing any significant changes to the current situation.

But...

He couldn't take that gamble!

As long as there was even a slight possibility of attracting the attention of Danzo or Orochimaru, he had to do everything possible to avoid it and smother those dangers in the cradle.

Because once discovered, he had no means to escape and would inevitably become an experimental subject.

It should be noted that there were hidden currents within Konoha, and with the passing of the First Hokage, Hashirama Senju, the village was in urgent need of cultivating Wood Style users. Many human experiments had been carried out in secret.

If the village's higher-ups were to learn that he possessed the Wood Style kekkei genkai, his fate would no longer be in his own hands.

Of course, there was another possibility: the village, upon learning that he was a Wood Style user, might invest all their resources to cultivate him.

However...

Whenever danger was present, Araki would never take a gamble.

His life was at stake!

...

After finishing his sentence, Araki immediately turned his head and prepared to leave. Although he was involved in the situation, he had a clear understanding of the current circumstances.

At the moment, Tsunade held a favorable impression of him.

It would be good to maintain that impression.

If he were to cause trouble, it might ruin those impressions and even provoke Tsunade's dissatisfaction.

Araki came here seeking support, not to make enemies. Continuing to be deadlocked was extremely unwise. It would be better to withdraw and stop at an appropriate moment.

"No, you can't!"

Just as Araki was about to turn around, his right hand was grabbed by a powerful force, a firm grip that held him back.

This strength...

Truly befitting of a descendant of the Senju clan!

Araki's gaze flickered with a hint of fluctuation, but quickly disappeared, burying all of his emotions deep within.

Araki didn't resist Nawaki. It wasn't suitable to expose more of his abilities at the moment, and he sensed resolve in Nawaki's actions. He could only adapt to the situation.

"I can't let my friend suffer like this!"

Nawaki forcefully pulled Araki back, standing firmly by his side with a determined look. His stubborn expression and appearance indeed bore some resemblance to Naruto, albeit with more reason and composure.

Friend?

When Araki heard those words, his mind suddenly went blank.

Since when did we become friends?

It seems like today was the first time we met!

Is it really that easy to make friends now?

Araki felt a strange sensation in his heart. For the past three years, nobody had paid attention to him or cared about him, yet in just a few days, he had already made two friends in succession.

12