Prologue
443 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Red, green then blue, as colors of light began to mix like muddied water in a raging storm, static noise erupted, drowning my desperate gasps, As I trembled, my breaths fading in gasping rasps. 

Helplessly washed away, I struggled to comprehend, The chaos unfolding, a mystery I couldn't apprehend. Blurry visions encompassed my bewildered sight, Heat seared my airways, a burning plight,

While icy droplets pricked and froze my skin, Two worlds collided, each eye's realm within.

——esta— ev—t————*

"gHa—ah!" I screamed as I immediately sat up straight clenching something.

"Haah... Ha... Hah..."

Looking around my surroundings frantically, my line of sight starts to clear revealing the dull colors of my messy room.

[What... the...]

Beads of sweat dripped down my face but being inside the safest place I knew of, I began to calm down.

...

Breathing slowly as dust particles were visibly floating by my window, I glanced at my clock somewhat surprised I managed to wake this early.

It was 5:30 in the morning and the birds' early chirping notify our neighborhood. It was also a weekday as it is expected for the student to prepare for school to continue learning. But for me...

[Not that there's any point to...]

Releasing all the stress that made my body tense, I fall back to my bed sighing whilst staring at the ceiling fan cooling me.

"..."

With the blades roll and roll with a gentle wind brushing my face, closing my eyes... I tried to go back to sleep but...

[Might as well have breakfast for the first time in a while...] I thought to myself as the silence in my house bothers me.

—fwph...

Blanket tossed, arms up in the air, for the first time in a while I let my body crack.

"—hngh..."

Without much delay, I got out of my bed before walking past the mix of laundry, clean clothes, and the stained letters I wrote scattered on the floor.

—klck———krieee———klck—

thun...

thun...

thun...

Between the hallway bathed in the morning glow, I then opened the door to the bathroom for my usual morning relief.

"HwAah~"

With the sound of a flushing toilet covering my yawn, I stood still staring blankly into nothing. Thoughts were empty when I went out again reminded of the mark engraved in my reflection.

thun...

... thun...

....... thun...

It was just the usual sound of my footsteps yet it feels out of place now that this place is quiet. Now that those yells I usually hear downstairs are finally gone, it felt surreal as I might as well be dreaming. Though before I knew it, I silently stood by the door near the staircase.

"..."

[Should I wake him up... He might have classes today... Wait... what time is he going today?] Mundane thoughts as you would call them, I rarely had these as I'm used to escape from reality. But as life always goes things have to change.

"... I should wake him up..."

—klck

The creaking of the door opening made me a bit uneasy but this is my house now so there's nothing wrong in doing this, right?

After reassuring myself, I took a peek inside before letting myself in.

Walking on the carpeted floor, I hear a familiar annoying giggle across the room.

"...Mmmhehe~... Rin-chan... Soft and fluffy... Hehe~"

From a curtainless window that fills the room with dim light, posters of the anime girls plastered on the walls greeted me. As I looked through those posters, some are very familiar as I remember brushing them with my pen.

However, rolling my eyes towards the perverted giggling idiot on the bed, I wondered that is this the same person that talked to me last night.

Though it was true as my memory of it wouldn't lie, all I see in front of me is him drooling over a body pillow with a picture of presumably said Rin-chan.

"Oi... Wake up... You have school today. "

"Nah... I don' wanna..."

"..."

[I don't have the energy to argue with him.]

I mean should I even bother him in the first place but my head feels a bit messy so I don't really know much of what I should be doing.

At times like this, I felt envious of his unwavering personality. It may sound strange but after the ordeal last night, he moved in with his stuff immediately right by the front door.

[He wouldn't take no for an answer but...]

Hands-on my neck. It's pretty understandable.

Snapping like a poorly tied rope, I began to think a little bit more clearly, so I thought I'd leave him alone for now but, then I noticed a gift bag nearby.

"Hm?"

[Right... He did say he brought me a gift as a surprise but after that happened I guess he forgot about it.]

I wasn't sure what to do with it but looking back at him, I hear him rustling under those sheets.

"He~heh~"

"... I'm sure he won't mind."

Grabbing felt soft to the touch, I pulled it out to see wha-

MAIDO COSPLAY PURI PURI KYUN!

"..."

The wind only blows... I saw nothing.

~ ~ ~ 🍃 ~ ~ ~ 🕗 ~ ~ ~ 🍙 ~ ~ ~

Rice cooking on the stove, I opened a can of corned beef and began seasoning it with soy sauce and pepper. As to what happened before, I just left his room starting to think if it was alright to have him stay so close to me.

[Well... he's... not a bad person... but...]

Remembering our last cultural festival of high school, I should've stayed home rather than been dragged into a cross-dressing cafe hosted by our class.

[He sometimes doesn't know when to stop does he...]

Preparing our breakfast while reminiscing about the stuff whenever we hang out, I then felt a little guilty as those words I spat out of spite.

"You should've known this by now... I mean what's the point of me living right now...

My family forgot that I exist, they were always screaming at each other day and night, and that's why I always locked myself in my room.

Seeking someone to talk to, my old friends suddenly moved on with their life not bothering whatever updates I've had, even meeting new people only to end up being alone again.

I tried to be a part of something... Online, I went to find people with the same interest... But it didn't really last long, did it?

And when I broke down and told someone my situation to a stranger I barely interacted with, I ended up running away... Because I'm afraid... I didn't want to get hurt anymore...

Yet...

Here I am... Aren't I already a mess...

I don't know anymore... What I liked... What fun felt like... What I wanted to do... What should I do...

I've already thrown away everything... So no point in me going back.

Please... Leave... Forget everything you saw...

...

...

...

Lies... "

———thun...

Finishing up the table I hear footsteps coming from the stairs.

—drrt

Pulling back my chair, I took a seat and started eating. It didn't take long for him to arrive with his eyes still half open.

"Yo~... Good...Hwough... Mornin'."

"Nn..."

Not making contact I just nod while chewing on my food. While he got himself a glass of water. He turned to me and asked—

"What's for breakfast?"

"... Cornbeef."

"Again... Didn't you say you eat corn beef yesterday and the day before that..."

"It tastes good."

"Don't you get sick of eating that every day?"

"Nope."

"..."

I looked away feeling like I'm being judged but he just took a seat in front of me laughing it off. Still... Now that he's here this place feels a bit warmer than before.

After eating our breakfast. He volunteered to wash the dishes so I let him be as I know how stubborn he is at times.

And with nothing much to do, I went to the living room and opened the TV just to listen to some music. It sounds like a waste to use this like a giant music player, but that's just the way I am. Slouching on the couch, I relaxed a bit with the sound of running water in the background. I dozed off until I was suddenly disturbed by my friend calling for me.

"—Masako?"

"Hm?"

Turning my head towards him, I didn't quite catch what he said, but understanding my thoughts he repeated it for me.

"I'm leaving for school for now, can you wait for me, Masako?"

Looking worried when he uttered those words, I knew what he meant by that, I really wished I wasn't seen at the wrong time but you can't change the past.

I always told myself to look into the present and pursue the future as a means to retain my sanity, but it backfired horribly due to my pessimistic nature. But for once I'll try to think positively, just for his sake...

"..." 

Anxiously waiting for my reply, I sure thought a bit for a while, I then opened my mouth.

"Is it okay for me to go to school now?"

"...!"

Upon hearing my words, some light shone in his eyes. He stuttered but at the same time, he felt relieved. I don't know what it feels like to be happy for someone else but maybe I should take it step by step and appreciate things a little more.

"Okay! I'll wait for you to get ready!"

Not making him wait any longer I immediately went straight towards my room and wore my uniform.

It's for the best, right?

~ ~ ~ 🌳 ~ ~ ~ 🌿 ~ ~ ~ 🍃 ~ ~ ~

Commuting our way to our school on the sidewalk, how long has it been since I went outside?It was quite peaceful while my friend made himself do some small talk with me but I told him that he doesn't have to worry about me anymore.

While he was still not convinced, I'll just have to revert it back to how we used to. Changing my awkward speech, my tongue only spat out blunt words. It was just my way of keeping my distance from people but for him, it just reminds him that I was back to my "usual" self.
Though it did surprise him, he loosened up a bit now that he can speak casually with me.

"Seeing you like this, it's strangely cute now that I think about it."

Hearing that I stopped.

"... Huh?"

When he noticed I stopped following him, he also looked to check only to see my cringed expression due to his remarks.

"Did I say something wrong?"

"Are you by chance..."

And without skipping a beat he responded with.

"With that kind of look, I sometimes forget you're a guy."

"Oi!"

Pissing me off with that smug face of his, I was about to beat him up but before I could do that he bolted ahead leaving me behind.

"You... Come back here you sh*t!"

"Hahaha! That is if you can catch me!"

With the last of my veins popped off, I deeply inhaled and dashed towards him at the speed of light... Or not...

In the distance, I saw him resting at the traffic light waiting for me while I wheezed to death barely holding myself up due to my non-existent stamina.

"Exercising once in a while isn't bad for a change of pace isn't that right?"

"... F*ck off!... "

With my last remaining strength, I landed a punch on him that did negative damage.

"Here, I bought you a drink so cool down a bit."

I glared at him, unfazed he just passed me a cold bottle of water from the vending machine nearby. Sometimes I don't know what's going on in his mind, and at times like this it's best to give in, there's no point in thinking about it too much.

"... Hmph!"

As the red stop light's counter began counting down, I began gulping down my drink.

"By the way, I checked out the fridge and it's basically empty, so we might need to buy some groceries after school. Is that okay with you?"

"... Sure."

After finishing the bottled water, we only talked about what we were going to do today, groceries, pay the internet provider, refill the gas canisters, and other chores.

Normally I left my house as is before he came, so I'm a bit grateful now that he's helping out in my life. Though I feel a little guilty, I thought maybe I should treat him to dinner from the old family restaurant we used to drop by after school.

The light then turns yellow counting from 10... 9... 8...

"Hey..."

"Hm? What's up?"

7... 6... 5...

"Wanna eat at the Kinalasan after school?"

"Sure! Oh? the light's about to turn green. Let's go, Masako!"

4... 3... 2...

"Wait u-"

1...

💧︎❍︎♓︎●︎♓︎■︎♑︎ ♐︎❒︎□︎❍︎ ♒︎♓︎⬧︎ ❒︎♏︎⬧︎◻︎□︎■︎⬧︎♏︎📪︎ ♓︎⧫︎ ♎︎♓︎♎︎■︎🕯︎⧫︎ ⧫︎♋︎🙵♏︎ ♋︎ ⬥︎♒︎♓︎●︎♏︎ ♋︎⬧︎ ⧫︎♒︎♏︎ ⬧︎♓︎●︎♒︎□︎◆︎♏︎⧫︎⧫︎♏︎ □︎♐︎ ❍︎⍓︎ ♌︎♏︎⬧︎⧫︎ ♐︎❒︎♓︎♏︎■︎♎︎ ❖︎♋︎■︎♓︎⬧︎♒︎♏︎♎︎ ♐︎❒︎□︎❍︎ ❍︎⍓︎ ⬧︎♓︎♑︎♒︎⧫︎📬︎✂︎📬︎📬︎📬︎☜︎♒︎📬︎📬︎📬︎✍︎✂︎

✋︎ ♍︎□︎◆︎●︎♎︎■︎🕯︎⧫︎ ◻︎❒︎□︎♍︎♏︎⬧︎⬧︎ ⬥︎♒︎♋︎⧫︎🕯︎⬧︎ ♒︎♋︎◻︎◻︎♏︎■︎♓︎■︎♑︎ ♓︎■︎ ♐︎❒︎□︎■︎⧫︎ □︎♐︎ ❍︎♏︎📪︎ ✋︎ 🙵■︎♏︎⬥︎ ♒︎♏︎ ⬥︎♋︎⬧︎ 🙰◆︎⬧︎⧫︎ ♓︎■︎ ♐︎❒︎□︎■︎⧫︎ □︎♐︎ ❍︎♏︎📪︎ ♌︎◆︎⧫︎ ●︎□︎□︎🙵♓︎■︎♑︎ ♎︎□︎⬥︎■︎ ✋︎ ⬧︎♋︎⬥︎ ♋︎ ♍︎❒︎♓︎❍︎⬧︎□︎■︎ ❒︎♏︎♎︎ ⬧︎⧫︎❒︎♏︎♋︎🙵 ♎︎❒︎♋︎♑︎♑︎♏︎♎︎ ♋︎♍︎❒︎□︎⬧︎⬧︎ ♍︎□︎■︎♍︎❒︎♏︎⧫︎♏︎ ❒︎□︎♋︎♎︎📬︎☟︎♏︎♋︎❒︎⧫︎ ❒︎♋︎♍︎♓︎■︎♑︎ ♋︎⬧︎ ♏︎❖︎♏︎❒︎⍓︎⧫︎♒︎♓︎■︎♑︎ ⧫︎◆︎❒︎■︎♏︎♎︎ ♎︎♋︎❒︎🙵 ◆︎■︎♎︎♏︎❒︎ ❍︎⍓︎ ❒︎♋︎♑︎♑︎♏︎♎︎ ♌︎❒︎♏︎♋︎⧫︎♒︎⬧︎📪︎ ✋︎ ♎︎♓︎♎︎■︎🕯︎⧫︎ ⬥︎♋︎■︎⧫︎ ⧫︎□︎ ♌︎♏︎●︎♓︎♏︎❖︎♏︎ ♓︎⧫︎ ⬥︎♓︎⧫︎♒︎ ❍︎⍓︎ ♏︎⍓︎♏︎⬧︎ ♐︎□︎❒︎♍︎♏︎♎︎ ⧫︎□︎ ⧫︎❒︎♋︎♍︎♏︎ ⧫︎□︎⬥︎♋︎❒︎♎︎⬧︎ ⧫︎♒︎♏︎ ❍︎♋︎■︎♑︎●︎♏︎♎︎ ♍︎□︎❒︎◻︎⬧︎♏︎ □︎♐︎◻︎✂︎💣︎📫︎❍︎□︎◆︎⌘︎♏︎♓︎📬︎📬︎📬︎✍︎✂︎

[SYSTEM RECOVERY ERROR - EVENT NOT FOUND]
[EVENT CAN NOT BE NULL]
[COMPILING MEMORY... ]
[SYSTEM RECOVERY ERROR - COMPILATION ERROR]
[EVENT/S DOES NOT MATCH WITH MMR.FILE PARAM...]
[REFRESHING EVENT IN 10 SECONDS]
[INITIATING EVENT REFRESH]

[SCANNING SYSTEM FILES...]

[IDENTIFYING MMR.FILE PARAMETERS...]

[MMR.FILE PARAMETERS LOCATED]
[VERIFYING EVENT DATA...]

[EVENT DATA VERIFIED]
[COMPILING MEMORY...]

[COMPILATION SUCCESSFUL]
[INITIATING EVENT RESTORATION...]

[RESTORATION IN PROGRESS...]
[RESTORATION COMPLETE]

[EVENT SUCCESSFULLY RECOVERED]
[SYSTEM STATUS: NORMAL]
[COMMENCE SYSTEM REBOOT]

...1

"—u tiaW"

...2 ...3 ...4

"!okasaM ,og s'teL .neerg nrut ot tuoba s'thgil eht ?hO !eruS"

"?loohcs retfa nasalaniK eht ta tae annaW"

...5 ...6 ...7

"?pu s'tahW ?mH"

"...yeH"

...8 ...9 ...01 morf gnitnuoc wolley snrut neht thgil ehT

.loohcs retfa yb pord ot desu ew tnaruatser ylimaf dlo eht morf rennid mih taert dluohs I ebyam thguoht I ,ytliug elttil a leef I hguohT .efil ym no tuo gnipleh s'eh taht won lufetarg tib a m'I os ,emac eh erofeb si sa esuoh ym tfel I yllamroN

.serohc rehto dna ,sretsinac sag eht llifer ,redivorp tenretni eht yap ,seirecorg ,yadot od ot gniog er'ew tahw tuoba deklat ylno ew ,retaw delttob eht gnihsiniF

".eruS ..."

"?uoy htiw yako taht sI .loohcs retfa seirecorg emos yub ot deen thgim ew os ,ytpme yllacisab s'ti dna egdirf eht tuo dekcehc I ,yaw eht yB"

.knird ym nwod gniplug nageb I ,nwod gnitnuoc nageb retnuoc s'thgil pots der eht sA
"!hpmH ..."

.hcum oot ti tuoba gnikniht ni tniop on s'ereht ,ni evig ot tseb s'ti siht ekil semit ta dna ,dnim sih ni gniog s'tahw wonk t'nod I semitemoS .ybraen enihcam gnidnev eht morf retaw fo elttob dloc a em dessap tsuj eh dezafnu ,mih ta deralg I

".tib a nwod looc os knird a uoy thguob I ,ereH"

.egamad orez did taht mih no hcnup a dednal I htgnerts gniniamer tsal ym htiW

" ...!ffo kc*F ..."

"?thgir taht t'nsi ecap fo egnahc a rof dab t'nsi elihw a ni ecno gnisicrexE"

"... !"

Suddenly I felt a nasty bile climbing up from my throat, I immediately covered my mouth but nothing came out.

Feeling a little dizzy I crouched down avoiding any chance I could fall down to my knees. While I was processing I had witnessed a worried voice called out to me.

"M-masako, you good?"

Hearing such a familiar voice I looked u—

"Wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake u...

"Wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up wake up... Or you will die... "

"... H-huh?"

Red, green then blue, as colors of light began to mix like muddied water in a raging storm, static noise erupted covering my hyperventilated panicked breaths.

A familiar sight but never more...

"You'll never open your eyes, you'll never be able to breathe, you'll never be able to walk and be able to see who you hold dear."

"G-get the fuck away from me!"

Slapping away his hands with all my might, everything went back to normal.

"... I..."

A voice filled with guilt not knowing what he did wrong, I blinked with my blurred vision started to clear. There he was standing still like all that happened before my fears.Not knowing what to say I walked passed him, I don't know what has gotten into me, I want to apologize but whenever I look back on him it all distorts what I see.

"... I need to calm myself first..."

I muttered under my breath drenched in sweat until I hear him scream...

"MASAKO WAIT!"

———————————ck*

As all the colors fade into black and white, I can feel something heavy hitting my sides. Time seemed to slow down but it didn't help as I have to experience the agonizing pain of being grated against the concrete floor.

[It hurts! it hurts! it hurts! it hurts! it hurts! it hurts! it hurts! it hurts! it please make it stop! make it stop! make it stop!]

But as much as I want to scream my lungs out, blood kept pouring out until I was drowning myself in red. And when it's all over, all I can hear are sirens and strange muffled voices.

"—asako—stay with m—on't close—our eyes—"

"—e's los—mu—lood—"

Shifting my eyes with barely any signs, faceless shadows blurred the silhouettes that danced like flames surrounding me, I tried to make out their voices...

"Han—in—there!"

"Sir—alm dow—We'l—ake ca—of hi—"

Only to realize death's mocking smile crept up.

My heart beat slowly, realizing I had a few moments left.

"I...on't...anna..d..ie..." Tears fell, then a few words it said.

[MEMORY TRANSFER C̶O̸M̶P̴L̶E̷T̸E̸D̸!]

9