Prologue
14 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Raindrops fell one after another, some landed upon Fu-Han, washing his tears as he held the corpse of Alice. He smiled a bitter smile, wanting to cry a guttural cry. “We’ve achieved what we’ve wanted… but why did it have to end like this…?”

“Alice… look… the people are free from your father’s tyranny…” he caressed her cold cheeks, “We’ve won, Alice… Alice…”

His tears kept falling. He remembers the time that the two met for the first time, the times when the two adventured together. He sees her smile, he hears her voice, her touch, her scent… he remembers all of them. His first and only love was now sleeping eternally.

He took out a beautiful hand-stitched bracelet from his pocket and pressed it on her hands before kissing them, closing his eyes as he whispered, "I always loved you… I always loved you so much, my princess, no matter what world, no matter what time, no matter what life… I’ll always love you.”

Fu-Han opened his eyes, he remembered a tale passed down among the people, the tale of a merciful being who brings blessings. He looked up and immediately prayed, “Please… please…. I beg you… whichever being out there is listening… please bless her so that her next life will be peaceful… I beg you…”

“--You can take away all my peace,  you can take everything from me, but please…. I beg you…” he cried with all his might. All the people who saw the sight knelt down and prayed. Everyone respected the princess who heroically saved everyone’s lives, their forever queen. They all prayed silently.

Mysteriously, the rainclouds parted, allowing sunlight to touch the cheeks and hands of Alice. The wind blew a bit stronger, carrying the scent of nature. Everyone thought they were seeing the world bless the princess they loved and respected.

Fu-Han, who noticed all of it, looked up and cried, "Thank you…"

–And so, a thousand years passed by since the fall of the Tenebris Empire. In a small town on the outskirts of the Aeternus Empire. A beautiful young girl in decent, civilian clothes walked out of her manor, "You are so slow, Sissina! I want to see Father and Mother already!"

"Your father and mother are in a meeting with other merchants, even if you visit them right now, they'll be too busy to accommodate you, my lady," Sissina answered the young girl.

"I told you to call me Alice!" the young girl, Alice, puffed her cheeks before a strong wind blew past them, blowing her hat away, "Eeeeh!"

Alice chased after her hat before bumping into a hooded boy her age, "Ouch…", she landed on the pavement before noticing the boy whose hair and face were revealed. The boy had beautiful purple hair with handsome facial features.

"Is this your hat?" he picked up the straw hat before holding it out to her.

"Handso—uhh, yeah… thanks!" Alice blurted, taking the straw hat before trying to ask, "Err… what is your na…" but before she could continue, the boy vanished, leaving her surprised.

Sissina soon caught up, "Alice! What are you doing?"

Alice snapped back to reality, standing up as she asked, "Did you happen to see a boy my age with purple hair?"

"Huh, I haven't seen a boy your age nearby. Are you daydreaming?" Sissina looked confused, and so was Alice. 

She wondered if she was indeed daydreaming, turning her attention to the pavement before noticing a badge with twin dragons covered by a shield that had the engraving of a name, "Fu-Han…? Is that his name, but this badge's symbol is odd."

"Alice! Let's get going!" Sissina called out to Alice. 

She hid the badge in her pocket and turned to Sissina, "I'm coming!", before rushing to her.

2