Chapter 1: New World: Starting point, High School?
7 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The nation of Khayala, the land of high green mountains, vast ocean and rich island. In the southern part of the country lies the buzzling town of Furdaus and the tranquil harbor of Khayalan.

A new day begins in the town of Furdaus, the sun rises above the sleeping mountains. Cacophonous squeal noises coming from the seagulls in the town near the deep blue sea and a loud "MOO '' from a cow woke Jaelie from her deep slumber. 

Jaelie is a high school freshman who recently finished her junior high and is the first character in this story.

The dawn is a bit colder than expected in the month of June, the rainy season. A school year recently ended, followed by a two-month break.

Jaelie walked downstairs and encountered Kanao – Kanao was Jaelie's roommate and is the second character that got introduced in the story – making breakfast. She was a bit dazed because she had never seen Kanao cooked before.

"Are you sick, Kanao?" she asked.

"No, I'm hungry… This is all mine, cook your own breakfast" Kanao responded and rolled her eyes on Jaelie. She furrowed her brows and decided to make her coffee.

Jaelie was minding her business while drinking her hot coffee. A few moments later, she noticed a small teapot with a glowing lid and golden vine patterns. She walked towards the teapot and opened it out of curiosity, a beam of light surrounded the whole kitchen and then disappeared with Jaelie. 

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" Jaelie cries as she falls to the bottom of an infinite void. 

She heard a familiar voice, Jaelie looked at her surroundings and caught a glimpse of a silhouette that belongs to a girl. 

As she looked closely, it became clearer. By the time she opens the teapot, Kanao falls into the abyss with her.

"WHAT IS GOING ON!" 

"I JUST OPENED A TEAPOT! IT'S NOT MY FAULT" 

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT! YOU OPENED A TEAPOT!" 

They continue to argue with each other for who knows how long until a huge flash of arctic light surrounds the whole abyss. 

They opened their eyes but their visions were a bit blurry after the light surrounded the last place they were in.

"Where are we?" Jaelie query as she rubs her eyes to enlighten her vision.

"I don't know, I am the one who should be asking you because it's all your fault," Kanao crossed her arms and gazed in the opposite direction.

The moment Jaelie started to argue with Kanao, the school gates opened unexpectedly. A strange guy wearing a brown Tuxedo with a bread patterned necktie walked in the front gate and greeted them.

"Welcome Students!" He said cheerfully. 

"Hello there! Sorry but school is not open for another two months" Kanao mumbled.

"Oya oya, this is a very different school young lady… This is a very special school!" The strange guy winked at Kanao that she faintly felt uncomfortable.

"I am Mr. Pred, one of the professors of this school. And you two will be my students. Come now, the others are waiting." The strange guy slightly bowed his head and gestured for them to follow him. 

Mr. Pred, also known as Bread Sensei is the first character that got introduced as a teacher in a strange new world.

The two exchanged glances as a result of their extreme confusion and lack of understanding of the situation but nevertheless, they followed Mr. Pred on the way to the classroom. He pointed at a blue door that has roman numerals of 6 - 7 (VI - VII).

Once he opened the door, it revealed that there were other students inside, he introduced them to the class but the air was a bit tense.

It was the opening day of the peculiar school, consequently no one knows who's who, except for Jaelie and Kanao. 

Mr. Pred dallied in the center of the room and spoke in an oddly style.

"Please take a seat!~ I am Mr. Pred, your wonderful teacher.~ I really love meeting new Students~… Please be kind to each other~" 

After the odd way of proclamation , he left his students in awkward silence. Jaelie and the others were left perplexed as he went out of the room.

1