23 It can only be you
596 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Where did you pick up that rooster? The chicken my grandparents reared were stupid as bread in comparison.” Tommy still hadn’t digested Sin’s display of feathered supremacy.  

“I think, you missed a point, Nii-chan.” 

“No, no, no. That just toppled my worldview. The animals on earth evolved to the top of the food chain. Even if we successfully subjugate the demon king, we would have to fight for our place on earth when we return. And…” Tommy began to mumble conspiracy theories one after another and already blended out Jiushi’s voice. 

Ace watched the two talking past each other and felt the situation too funny for words. Nevertheless, it was getting late, so he grabbed the two silly sworn brothers by the shoulders and dragged them towards the house.  

“How come, you, of all people, didn’t find it strange how easy Sin had broken through the barriers?” Ace bluntly directed the core problem to the person who set up the barriers. 

… 

“Wait,” Tommy brushed off Ace’s arm as realization struck him. The man ran off to inspect the locations of the protective barriers he had set up for them prior to their departure.  

“What the… they are still here! 

“Ace, tell me honestly. 

“What is this sorcery?” Tommy’s expression turned heavy and the crux of the problem was now making him paranoid. 

But Ace only raised his hands in unknowingness. 

“I would like to know the answer to this question too. I had hoped you knew something, but it doesn’t seem like it. We tried to scan Sin earl—Ugh!” 

Ace was pushed to the side and both, he and Jiushi, landed in the grass. The only thing Ace saw from the corner of his eye was a stool that flew by where they had just stood. 

“SIIIIN!!!!” 

"Cock-A-Doodle-Doooo!!” 

Then he heard the familiar bickering of man and bird together with the loud sound of the door getting slammed against the wall. Sin swiftly evaded the objects Harem God was throwing at him while, as always, running away with stolen food in his beak. The battle cry of the two and the scene of them running around was nothing new to Ace or Jiushi. But Tommy was undoubtedly caught off-guard by the situation and the mischievous bird even jumped onto his head, successfully marking him the target of the moody guy with the indestructible body as a weapon. 

When Harem God had stepped out of the house, he didn’t spare Jiushi or Ace even a glance. His attention was immediately focused on Tommy, but it wasn’t the amiable kind of attention. The space between his brows knitted until his face darkened to the point of murderous intent. 

Not good, the two men thought. The setup was too easy to misunderstand and strongly reminded them of their first encounter. Harem God was definitely regarding Tommy as a trespasser.  

And indeed; Black smoke came gushing out of Harem God’s body and formed the katana that sliced through the indurated demons like butter. The powerful sword was now aimed at Tommy, the pitiful passing mage, who had no defensive compatibilities at all. 

“Harem, don’t!!”  

“Nii-chaaan!” 

The other two shouted as Harem God rushed towards Tommy with insane speed. He reached Tommy faster than Ace and the poor mage had to watch with horror as the sword slashed down towards his shoulder. Jiushi wanted to use his ability, but out of all times, it acted up when he needed it.  

I’m doomed, Tommy thought when the golden eyes stared at him with sigils flashing brightly in them. 

...Sigh... 

Sin let out an unsuspecting sigh, then leaped up to slap Harem God on the cheeks, before ending the fight in the most humiliating manner possible—he knocked him over with a classic peck on the forehead. 

“Ughhh...” 

Harem God lost his balance and stumbled back from the impact. At the same time, the menacing katana fell out of his grip as he needed his hands to hold the spot that Sin had just hit. The blade dived halfway into the ground before assimilating back into Harem God’s body and disappearing as if it was never there. 

Tommy gawked at the whole affair with candid exasperation and difficulty. His legs gave in and he sacked to the ground. It didn’t look like he was going to stand up anytime soon with his complexion ash-white from the fright. 

Pat, pat. 

Ace comforted him with a few claps on the shoulder. “Are you okay, Tommy?”  

Harem God twitched. 

“Physically I’m ok, but my mental health has questions. Many questions,” Tommy answered. 

“I’ll explain everything to you, but promise to keep it a secret, Nii-chan.” Jiushi joined their conversation and Harem God twitched again. 

He was still wrapping up his face with his hands and hadn’t looked up yet. And he didn’t want to either.  

Thus, 

“Harem, are you oka—” 

He grabbed Sin and ran back into the house with the same speed he came out. 

Wham! 

The door was shut without him looking back even once. 

Clack! 

And he even locked it. 

Jiushi, Ace, and Tommy, “...” 

Jiushi was the first to react, “Did he just lock us out in front of our own house?” 

Haaaaah,” Ace let out a long sigh, “Did he forget us already?” 

“Isn’t he just avoiding you?” Jiushi countered. 

Ace sharply turned to him, “Why would he?”  

“I’m so lovable, he can’t be avoiding me. So it can only be you.”  

Tommy looked at the two with a blank face. They still had the laxity to joke around!  

Poor Ace, and why is the rooster in the lead?

Harem face reveal that turned out totally Harem God lmao

wheeze

I'm sorry, I can't seem to draw him normally

Once he's out of denial...

[collapse]

 

 

 

 

 

11