35 Cut Off
279 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“You’re heavy,” Moshi said as he pushed me to the side. 

I wished a truck could drive by and send me to another world. But reincarnating seemed to be a Japanese exclusive right. 

F*ck, why are the roles reversed? Shouldn’t a cute girl with perky boobs land on me? She would go “kyaaa” as soon as danger would arise, then stuck close to me, pressing her twins against me.  

Instead, I’m stuck to two guys on a camping trip with perverted beasts.  

... 

Forget it. I found Moshi, so I can go back and test out my new powers. 

I stood up and brushed off the leaves from my head. My <Mana Bullet> was pretty powerful and half of the treetop became barren from it. The tricks Tommy showed me are pretty useful. I hate studying, but learning mana manipulation is a hundred times more interesting than math or other science subjects. 

Moshi also scrutinized the extent of the destruction.  

Yes, I’m a fucking god. I can see the worship in your eyes. 

*** 

I didn’t expect that they would search for me, less that I would fall into this awkward pose with Harem. He got awfully flustered, even though it was just an accident. I thought he would resent me and close up again after our “heartfelt” talk, but… rather than being angry, he just seemed salty as always. 

How amusing. He really got over it fast. 

I wanted to ask why they suddenly were searching for me since the appointed time hadn’t arrived yet. But he was still mute. 

Not even a day passed and he can already shoot out his mana. I looked at the tree that he hit with the <Mana Bullet>. It’s crude but powerful. Just like his personality. 

“Let’s go back?” I suggested. I was curious about his affinity. 

He nodded. 

The way back was without any mishaps. It would have been really peaceful if not for the occasionally broken trees and barkless trees.  

He would sometimes impatiently stare at me after I glanced at the vandalism of green nature. The cry for praise was unbearable. 

I gave in and uttered a lukewarm, “Neat.” 

I wasn’t sure if that was enough praise for him, but it probably was, given his joyful face.  

*** 

Clack, clack. 

Ace was sitting in a carriage that was being pulled by two Tri-horn-horses, a magic beast that looked like a horse with a frizzly mane and three prominent horns protruding from its head.  

His eyes were fixed on the words ‘Sepurin Jungle’ and then shifted his gaze to the causality report on the document. He was clenching it firmly and focused his full concentration on the content in fear to miss important details. 

The report stated that severed body parts, partially shredded or crushed, were found the closer the reconnaissance members had gotten to the demonic aura. Even though Pax’s ability users were a bit short in terms of attack power in comparison to Vanguard, they had a lot experience and wouldn’t be crushed this easily. Unless... 

Ace put done the stack of paper and massaged the space between his eyebrows. He hadn’t thought long and ignored the loud shouts as he rushed out of the conference room to go to Mistore Forest.  

Only Jerry managed to catch up to him. 

Just as he predicted. 

He came to a sudden halt and turned to Jerry. “I need a long-range communication stone. You have at least one, right?” Ace spoke as a matter of fact. 

Jerry was taken aback and made a complicated face, but then sighed. “How did you know?” 

“Who gave them to you?”  

Jerry was quiet at Ace’s retort. 

Communication stones were a single-use auxiliary item made by imbedding spirit stoned with arrays by a high-grade mage. A single stone was equal to Jerry’s monthly salary and was officially only sold by the Temple of Athanasia. He shouldn’t be able to afford one, if not for his former team up with Tommy. 

It was Tommy’s hidden specialty and second income only his close friends knew of. It would be weird if he had not one or two. 

Even though it was valuable, he voluntarily gave it to Ace. 

It involved Tommy, who kept his back safe for many years, and Jiushi, who saved him on several occasions.  

Ace took it, but then realized that it was a user-bound item.  

Jerry heard this for the first time and felt... like a prick. 

Tommy gave them to him with the excuse that they were ‘failed’ products. But it turned out they were custom made for him and yet he didn’t contact Tommy even once, after he left without a trace. 

Ace was ‘comforting’ him, “They would activate a soundproof barrier around you and even have a second encryption layer, so that your conversations are safe from spies! Woah, that must have taken quite a toll on him.” 

Jerry, “...” 

I know I was a prick, no need to rub salt in my guilty conscience! 

He needed to apologize to Tommy first and foremost. 

They walked into a quiet side alley and contacted Tommy.  

Jerry infused a bit of his mana in the stone and the arrays inside began to spin as they gave out an even and dim light. 

—Sssss...Jerry? 

“It’s me and Ace!” 

—Why are you together? Wait, don’t tell me you already climbed up the career ladder? 

“Is that important now??” Jerry almost forgot about Tommy’s carefree character, “Just take Jiushi and get out of Mistore Forest immediately!” 

—Are you calling because of the parasite-invested demonic beasts? 

“Yes! What? What did you find out already? Where are you currently?” 

—Umm, the new guy met a Rhikeros variant with a demonic plant near Vanguard’s camping site. We killed it and now we’re training while Jiushi went to investigate the plant. 

“You let him go alone?” Ace asked. 

—He insisted. He promised me not to go near the inner circle and I gave him most of my items. 

“Get him back and don’t go near Sepurin Jungle. Leave immediately!” Jerry stressed. 

—Ok, ok, got it. Did something happen that you two to worry so much? 

Ace didn’t hide it, “Demons slaughtered Pax’s members in Sepurin Jungle.” 

—...I’m glad I didn’t go alone. Is there anything else important?  

“The communication stones you gave me—”

—Boom! 

Jerry couldn’t finish his sentence, before the stone stopped glowing and the connection was cut off. 

Cliffhanger-san was here again.

9