Prologue
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Year 1765

 

"You must eat something ma'am! You're looking quite pale, Mama said that you get sick often so we want you to rest and eat well." A small child, by the age of seven, sat across the wooden table. 

 

"I'm quite alright, thank you." A woman, who looked to be in her early twenties, replies to the small child. She's sweating, her hands holding her body together. She looks towards the bowl, she knows she cannot eat it but the people she was staying with could not know that. Still, she has refused to even eat what she needed to eat. She can't do it.

 

A lanky woman enters the small cabin. "Oh! Ms. Gardener! Please, I implore you to eat that soup, or else you won't be back in tip top shape child!"

 

A bowl is pushed closer to Ms. Gardener. 

 

"Eat."

 

"Eat."

 

"Eat."

 

The words swirled and mixed with the two voices that rang around the cabin. Ms. Gardner's vision twists and turns. The two bodies became one. "Eat, eat, eat." They chanted. 

 

"S-stop." Her vision becomes blurry, red splotches here and there. Her head feels like it's expanding. 

 

"Eat, eat, eat." The amalgamation shifts and its body no longer was that of two humans, but instead a large creature with fangs and claws, ears pointed, eyes sharp, it towered over Ms. Gardener as she gazes up at it with disdain. 

 

"P-please." she whispers, and just like that- her vision comes back. She was no longer sitting at the wooden table. She is sitting on her legs, her eyes wide and wild. She stares at blood, then the bodies that lay on top. She stares and stares, tears leak from her eyes. 

 

"I- I didn't. I'm so-" she rambles. 

 

But nothing could be done to what her consequences had been. Quitely, footsteps came closer to her form. A gentle hand rests on her shoulders.

 

"I told you, didn't I? You can't pretend you're human anymore dearie." The older woman's voice soothes Ms. Gardener. Her other hand wipes the younger woman’s blood stained mouth with a handkerchief she takes out from her pocket. "Now, come. Let's go, before the villagers see this."

 

Ms. Gardener nods, not knowing what else to do. She glances at the older woman, then looks down. 

 

"I'm sorry for leaving the coven." Ms. Gardener whispers.

 

The older woman stops, "That's quite alright my dear, I'm just glad you know where you belong now." Then she walks again, a few paces ahead of Ms. Gardener.

 

Ms. Gardener watches her. She turns her head to look back at the village. Then she turns and walks with the older woman.

 

 

0