36 — The Fight Continues
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Two Reapers towered above Bandana’s head, and the hand of a third one was pulling it from the building where it had lied dormant. At the feet of the machines, a swarm of Worms carefully trained their guns on Bandana’s forehead. He turned in the direction where he knew Slacks was watching and threw his hands in the air with a shrug that did not match the scene's mood. From afar, though he knew he imagined it, he swore he could hear the snipers cursing at his careless attitude, and that was enough to give him solace before the end. Bandana turned back to his foes and readied his gun. Cocking it, he struck a dramatic pose. If he was going out, he wanted to at least go out in style.

The man charged forward at the Worms. Two fell as he lined their bodies with bullets, and another disintegrated from friendly fire as Bandana jumped to a safe spot in the nick of time.

“I’d tell you to duck, but you’re out of luck,” he shouted to a Worm before putting three bullets in its head. A blow from the back pushed the man to the ground. As his torso was covered in dirt, the Worm that had shoved him aimed its gun at Bandana’s nose. A sniper shot caused its head to jerk, and the downed man didn’t wait a minute longer to push himself up and flee the barrel of his opponent’s weapon. He added three more bullets to the Worm’s center, and the foe fell over.

The ground troops backed up enough, and Bandana gulped as he looked to the Reapers that stepped forward. They had shifted tactics, and the metal forms would spell his end. Bandana signaled he was making a tactical withdrawal and ran. The Worms had no intention of letting him escape.

A sudden explosion tore a crater into the ground, where Bandana fled, forcing him to change directions. He found himself close to the rock face where the Worm's flat road inclined into the mountains. Turning back showed a crescent of opponents forcing his back to the rocky wall.

An explosion tore through the headquarters at a sudden and violent end. Some Worms in the back line turned to see their base go up in flames—purple smoke ascended—and Bandana swore he saw two bodies fly out of the building as it went up in flame, but he couldn’t dwell much longer. Seconds after the explosion tore through, a yellow metallic hand smashed into the red head of the closest Reaper to the carved road.

Bandana laughed as a familiar torso with a large hole ripped into it turned to him.

“You idiots!” Angela shouted, though her voice didn’t contain malice.

“Idiots we may be, but you came to join this spree,” he bellowed.

“Shut up,” the girl shouted before shoving an elbow into the stunned opponent. The Reaper stepped back and latched onto her arm with tightly gripped hands. Angela shoved forward and tackled her opponent down to the ground. She slowly ripped a metal arm off with her free arm and beat the rest of the Reaper with it—screaming all the while.

Bandana shot some Worms, who had opened fire on the giant opponent in a vain attempt to damage the armor.

0