39 — The Sniper Moves
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Slacks watched the entire scene play out from afar. The exploding building, Bandana getting surrounded, Angela coming to his aid, and finally, his companion holding the Worms at bay while shouting rhymes. The sniper cursed and pulled his rifle up from the ground. His plan required him to stay in one place, but the plan didn’t matter if everyone below died. He stood up and tossed the camouflage suit off his back.

Jumping into the jeep, Slacks revved the engine. He hung his left arm out the window with a rifle at the ready, he hated having to replace the window, and his right hand gripped the wheel so tightly his knuckles turned pale.

As he slammed the gas, the jeep roared. The foliage used to cover it was left behind as he sped down the hill and into the town. A Worm who remained the sole guard at the entrance turned its slimy head just in time to see the jeep's headlights before he ran it down. Slacks felt the vehicle jump slightly, but didn’t stop to ensure his opponent was dead. Getting run over by a car usually killed even the invaders.

He opened fire on some Worms coming down an alley and sped past to the open space where the destroyed Reapers and rhyming companion were waiting.

0