The Swamps
790 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

≪Y/n's Pov   ≫

I drag my feet along the muddy water. I was currently in a swamp and somehow got lost. My long green glowing sword was being dragged along as well. My ragged cloak covered in mud, I haven't clean it in what? about a year or two. And myself at that. I've been traveling from swamp to swamp. It got rather boring, rarely any wild monster comes around and attacks swamps since there's nothing there except mud and such. (picture is Y/n.) I haven't encountered any monsters since my 100th years of life. Only small animals like frogs and bugs. You could say swamps are not the best place to hunt large beasts or any at that matter. Either that or I'm just really bad at picking swamps to hunt at.

My back was slightly bent while walking, it's sort of a habit since I run on all fours. I hear slight shuffling, in a large bush nearby. I slightly pick up my sword. Best to be on guard rather than having someone attack you at any moment. My movements become quieter. I reached my hand out to the bush. I swiftly swipe my hand through the push. My eyes narrowed seeing an Old short green woman, "O-Oh Fellow creature! please do help me! My wagon has got tilted over! I'm afraid little ole me can't lift it up!" The old goblin woman with white hair got on her knee's bending her head, "Please I beg of you!" The old goblin woman stopped for a moment, while I look around to see some apples scattered around some covered in mud. "I need to get these apples to my Villages to feed the Fellow goblin people! We are low on food and these apples for food are our only hope!" The old woman begged.

The old woman flinched as I lifted my sword. I shoved it into the ground while crouching over to her wagon. I easily pick up the large wagon with both of my hands. I was still crouched making my way over to the apples. I clean some of them with my cloak the best I could. While placing them in the wagon. The old goblin woman started crying, "Oh thank you! Oh, thank you! How could I ever repay you!" the old goblin woman kept bowing while tears of joy fell from her eyes. I pointed off in a random  direction, "SaviorI'm sorry but I do not understand!" The old woman cried out while gently wobbling up. I opened my mouth to try to say something but nothing came out.

I guess that's what happens when you rarely talk. I tried one more. Nothing came out not even a squeak. My gloves ruffled as I held up one finger, signaling 'just a moment' I grab the hilt of my sword picking it up, I point the sharp end in the mud. I then wrote.

Way Out

It was slightly slobby writing but able to read. "Oh! Do you mean the way out of the swamp? Oh yes! I know the way it's the least I can do! Are you perhaps heading to the Capital?! Since I am heading that way I would gladly let you ride in my wagon with me!" The old goblin lady said with a bright smile. What was the capital she spoke of? At least shes showing me the way out. I slowly nod my head, "How rude of me! You don't even know my name savior! My name is Glirx of one of the many goblin tribes!" The old woman introduced herself while wobbling to her large wagon. there was one horse naying out loud, who was currently attached to the wagon. I grabbed my sword, It swiftly floated to my back attaching itself there.

I got into the Wagon, sitting down watching as the old woman went up front to lead the horse out of the swamp. And then we will be heading to the capital that she spoke of.

 

 

The wagon was currently shaking on a bumpy dirt trail, "We'll be there in about three days max!" The old lady shouted out to me her eyes still on the trail gripping the rope that was attached to the horse and wagon. I silently scratch my dirty face that was under my cloak, When was the last time I even saw myself? "So what kind of creature might you be?" The old lady asked. I stayed silent, the old goblin let out a jagged sigh, "I'm sorry that was rude of me...Your not much of a talker are you?" She stopped talking for about a minute or two then began speaking once again, "I bet your race is much stronger than a mere goblin-like me, I am truly grateful that you decided to help me most creatures are cocky and don't care about low-level creatures such as goblins." The goblin's voice was full of sadness.

As the sun was setting the Wagon came to a halt, "We should get some rest." The old goblin said while leaning down. Crawling inside the wagon to lay down. I look at the old woman while jumping on the roof of the wagon. I was on my belly laying down, slowing drifting off into a dreamless sleep.

-edited-

9