CH 6 – Sofia Elena Petrov (2)
347 3 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few hours ago...

"...Hey Jarad."

"What's up?"

"What are you doing to my gun?"

"I'm just [Enchanting] it."

"Enchanting it?"

"Yeah, I mean, your gun wasn't going to hold up for much longer anyways. The recoil spring is already rusty, and the slide's made out of cheap steel."

"...Great. I guess it was laying untouched for a whole decade after all."

"Right. So what I'm doing now is infusing my magic into the gun. It's part of my [Talent] and a [Skill]. Alas, your bullets ain't going to do shit against strong opponents, but..."

"It'll make the integrity of the gun a lot of stronger..."

"That's correct. I ditched your old shitty slide and replaced it with an [Adamantine] one."

"...Wait what!? Jarad, I can't keep accepting all these favours-"

"Like I said, it's fine. Think of it as a first-time free of charge deal from me."

"But..."

"Come on kid, loosen up. You can pay me back later, when you become successful, alright?"

"...I'll pay you back. And thanks."

While Jarad was infusing magic into the gun, a circular pattern of hexagrams and unknown symbols continued to rotate above the gun. 

It glowed brightly, as the complex innerworkings of the Glock ripped and repaired itself, meshing into one another until it formed extremely tight bonds within one another. Gradually, the gun lost its light, and the magic circle disappeared.

"...And with that, it's all done!"

It looked similar to the previous model.

However, the polymer frame no longer had any sort of flex, and the [Adamantine] slide grew a deep dark black, that slightly shimmered in the light of the warm lamp.

"With this, the gun should feel extremely nice and loose, and it shouldn't get any scratches."

Thoughts began appearing in my head.

"...Hey Jarad, what would happen if I tried to block a sword with it?"

"Are you crazy?"

"Come on, I'm asking a serious question here."

"...Well, theoretically if you did block a sword with it, it wouldn't break, that's for sure."

"So blocking with it could be an option?"

"Yeah, but that would be a crazy idea- Do you know how strong and fast top tier [Gaia] are? While I'm confident that they wouldn't be able to slice through it, I'm pretty sure your arm would get fractured instead."

"...Hmm. Alright, thanks."

"Oi. You better not be thinking of some crazy shit."

"...Nah, trust me."

Jarad sighed, as he shook his head left to right.

And unexpectedly the next day, Sofia had challenged me to a duel out of nowhere.

I had no hopes of winning.

But, in the end, I wanted to test my theory, as well as my new Glock 17.

So, I accepted the duel, in hopes of testing out the new weapon, and the hope that Sofia would finally leave me alone.

-----

[After the duel]

Panting on the spot, the loud screeching of the [Battle Suit] filled my ear canal.

Scorching pain filled my entire body, my lungs wheezing, my mind lost and dazed, as my vision became blurry and impaired.

Squeezing all my [Mana], was not a good idea. In any case, trying to draw out [Mana] that did not exist would drive me into [Mana Exhaustion], which meant that instead of drawing magic from my [Mana Pool], I would forcefully draw it from the surroundings around me, which was usually unfiltered and too strong for a human body to handle, resulting in the destruction of one's body.

Some would even call it crazy.

But, after reincarnating into [Sa Dae-hyun's] body, I realised that if I didn't force my body into overdrive and push past my limits, I would forever be a talentless third-rate villian.

The things [Sa Dae-hyun] did, were not all for naught.

While his [Mana] never increased or improved, what came instead was a new system of fighting he had come up with. 

He decided to not focus on creating and inacting spells. Instead, he focused on his swordsmanship, and physical capabilities.

But what set him apart from the others that also focused on physical skills, was the way he would go about it.

Rather than equally dividing the magic around his body like a normal person would, he would specifically target the organs and muscles that required it the most. 

You might think that it's OP, that its unfair, but no. You would be wrong.

The problem with this system, was the fact that it would leave everything else vulnerable.

Just a single touch of a trained blade into an unprotected area, and your life would be eradicated.

Why was [Sa Dae-hyun] forever called the [Worst One]?

Simple.

This [System] of his would never stand a chance against higher tiered opponents.

.....

The crowd was silent.

Nobody said a word, as they watched me suffer, and lay down due to [Mana Exhaustion].

"...And that commences the match! Sa Dae-hyun WINS!!!"

"...Are you kidding me?"

"This must be a dream..."

"How can an F-tiered trash win against an A-rank!?"

"He must of pulled some shady shit!!!"

"REMATCH!!!"

The crowd around me suddenly became hostile, unsatisfied with the results.

They believed that I had cheated, that I had taken some sort of enhancing drugs or done something to Sofia before the match.

But that didn't matter to me.

I laid down on the cold stone, staring at the brilliant blue skies, the fluffy clouds and the shining orange sun.

I couldn't see or feel anything.

My whole body was numb from the pain, my muscle fibres ruptured and multiple blood vessels surrounding my body had exploded from within.

[Sa Dae-hyun]'s system of fighting, was the way of the weakest one.

A single moment that squeezed everything from within him, every last drop used to enhance his physical properties.

This was the way of the [Talentless].

Turning my head to the right, laid an unconscious Sofia. The battle suit had saved her correctly, as there wasn't a hole that dug through the bottom of her chin to the top of her skull. Unharmed.

I... I can't believe I had won.

After repeated losses and defeats, humilating slander against Dae-hyun, in this timeline, "he" had finally won.

I didn't even have the energy to smile.

I had fulfilled one of "his" dreams.

To finally win a single match.

Ah... shit. I'm losing conscious-

-----

[12 hours later... in the Infirmary]

"..."

Sofia stared at the sleeping face of the boy.

His whole body was wrapped in bandages, with blood splattered across some metal scissors. 

Lying peacefully in the bed, the boy showed no signs of pain or disturbance.

Sofia bit her lips.

For the first time, she had lost.

And to an F-rank at that.

Was she frustrated?

Angry that her pride had been crushed?

That her arrogance had been her downfall?

Yes, she was. But, she also felt another emotion.

A bittersweet happiness.

The wide back of the boy had spread its wings.

The boy that she had "admired" finally gotten his first win, and against herself no less.

Did she purposely try and make any mistakes?

No. She tried to defeat him with all her power.

In the end, she had lost.

She was satisfied with the loss.

She thought that she would be more angry, unforgiving and irrational towards her first defeat, but alas...

She was fine. 

Happy even.

Sliding a chair next to Dae-hyun, Sofia patiently gazed at his face.

Unconsciously, she reached out to move his long bangs, revealing his long eyelashes, and wounds that surfaced on his face.

He slowly opened his eyes, disturbed by the unknown feeling of someone touching his face.

Gradually, the image of Sofia appeared in front of his black eyes.

"...!!!"

Slightly jolting in his bed, he immediately winced in pain, as he slowly eased back into the comfortable cushion.

"...Sofia. What are you doing?"

"...Nothing. There was a mosquito on your face, so I tried to shoo it away."

"...Sigh."

A few moments of awkward silence filled between the two.

"...How did you do it?"

"What do you mean?"

"You know what I'm talking about. Just a few days ago, you couldn't even create a single useful spell. And then suddenly out of nowhere, you show up with a gun, and became super good with [Physical Magic]."

"...It was just a fluke."

"Do you think I'm stupid, Sa Dae-hyun?"

"...I'm being serious. If you didn't have the handicap of not using your magic, I would of lost 1 second into the match. The only thing you relied on was brute physical power. But me? I enhanced my body with [Mana], and I also had a gun. If you could use your magic, you would of moved too fast for my eyes to keep up, and I would have never been able to dodge a single attack from you. Like I said, I was lucky."

"...Even still..."

"All you would have to do is sling your [Ice Magic] at my neck, and you would of won. So stop mulling over this, and let's move on."

"...Alright."

"Good. Anyways, since I won, you already know what to do right?"

"Eh?"

Recalling the memories of the exact words she said, Sofia's expressionless face bursted into a dark shade of pink.

"...Yes. I will keep my word. From now on, I'll be your perso-"

"Will you leave me alone now? I've satisfied your interest in me, so you don't mind right?"

"..."

"...What?"

Sofia gritted her teeth as she lifted her hand into the sky. However, she lowered it, remembering that the boy was still injured.

"...You're an asshole, you know that?"

"Huh!? What the fuck are you on about!?"

"Fuck! I don't know okay? I should be happy, but at the same time I'm kinda pissed off at you for some reason!"

"...You should get your head checked by the doctors."

Clicking her tongue, Sofia took a deep breath, as she exhaled out slowly.

Reinforcing her resolve, she opened her mouth with a light blush on her ears.

"I'll... be your servant."

"..."

Sofia shut her eyes, as she squeezed her fists on the hem of her skirt.

"...No. I don't give a shit about that."

Her eyes shot wide open, her mouth agape.

"I don't have any interest in that type of shit. Just leave me alone from now on, okay?"

"..."

Sofia was surprisingly annoyed. Dae-hyun had a chance to make a Russian A-rank girl as a servant, and he chose to say no. The contradictory feelings inside her heart caused a conflict in her mind.

Oblivious to Sofia's inner turmoil, Dae-hyun absolutely did not want to be seen around Sofia. 

Why? Well...

One, he would immediately get flamed by his classmates.

Two, people would come to pick a fight with him every few seconds.

Three, Sofia's fan club might actually come to kill him...

"...I hate you, you know that?" (Sofia)

"...But why...?" (Dae-hyun)

"...I don't know."

"..."

"...Hey Sa. Do you mind if we become friends?"

"..."

Lightly smiling, he locked eye contact with her.

"Hell no."

"..."

-----

A/N: I'm going to be slowly adding in more bits of info overtime. I don't want to info dump and overwhelm my readers, so I'm going to take my time to explain the world and how the magic works in this novel, so bear with me, alright?

11