Chapter 44: The Grand Finale( I )
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

”FUCK!” Luke exclaimed as he burst into motion. With a sudden, rising rage that threatedend to burst the blood vessels in his brain he shot forward uncaring for the damage he will incure.

“The fucker is running away! What a bitch!” he screamed as he chased behind him, voulting over the onlookers without a second thought.

 

Klaus gained some distance, passing through alleywals unused by the public he covered space withh enough speed to cause Luke worry. He was loosing him.

Without care for consequences, Luke burst with power, displacing cars, trashcans and brickwork, he absorbed the weight and kinetic power to propell himself forward after his pray.

Just as Klaus entered the main road, the life vein of the city, and took the turn to the left following the tram tracks, Luke shoot out behind him, like a bullet, dragging his bone claw along the cobblestone floor, digging the fingers deeply as shards of rock shot out. He paused, and shot out to follow Klaus, with light lamps hanging above their heads flashing like a stroboscope as they continued their chase.

 

With each thunk of Luke's leg, his ankle burst like a ripe watermelon, viscious red liquid staining the earth below him, spraying with each beat of his heart. He was visibly injured, hobbling, his one leg being dragged as he pushed and pushed forward, leaping above crowds, with each landing his face scrunched up with pain.

“FUCK!” he exclaimed as he landed and his ankle gave out, he rolled across the walkway and with a beast like movement slapped the ground under him and shot out like a canonball.

“GET BACK HERE YOU BITCH!” as he yelled while flying through the air, he extanded his right arm, pointing center and the back of the escaping Klaus. Extending his mental reach, he tried to hook onto the escapee, but his natural magical field negated that trick. Feeling his magic grip fizzle out, within a second he switched his target, barely maneging to extend his reach so far he grabbed onto the parked car in front of Klaus, and just as Luke was about to land, he transferred all the kinetic energy from his drop into the side of a car.

With a loud THUD, the car bounced sideways as if hit with a sledgehammer, wheels popping as the front of the car slid right into frantic Klaus. His legs embedded into the car as he bend rapidly, smashing the whole front of his body into the mask of the car. A loud groan escaped his mouth as air left his lungs and blood took its place.

This was not a good day for Klaus. He could feel the bones in his legs and femur shift around, broken. He was choking on his own blood and could barely breathe. His whole body was in pain and mind in shock.

Luke, seeing his opponent stop moving slowed down. He walked towards the car as terrified onlookers were moving past him, escaping from the unexpected comotion. His mind was set ablaze with pain as the Veil gnawed at his mental space in punishment. Grinding down into his psyche.

He hobbled slowly, the moment of respite made him actually feel his body. The flow of blood from the many open wounds, the agonizing, cold, seeping pain in his leg, his arms that were now the shade of deep purple, covered in frost bite.

“Goddamn it, nothing can ever go well.” he said as he stopped behind the blond man. Still sprawled out in the dent of the car. He grabbed him by his blond hair, and was about to flip him over, he lifted his head from the mask.

And after a second long pause smashed the head into the car, again, again and again. Loose glass jumped up with each hit and fell into the dent, only to be smashed by Klauses face.

“Aaaaah, I needed that.” he said to himself as he finally flipped his enemy over.

What he saw, made him quite concerned.

He was smiling. Though blood and gore, with missing teath and both eyes purple, he was smiling.

“What?” he asked as he grabbed him by the shirt and pulled him closer to himself.

“WHAT!?” he screamed directly into Klaus's face, touching nose to nose.

“It's my turn now.” Klaus said as he grabbed Luke with both hands. Luke felt a distorton in space and realized his fuck up.

He froze up, before he could try to stop him, Klaus ejected massive amount of aura that surrounded them both and forced them behind the Veil. Unprepered, it disoriented Luke, messed with his own field of power and made him stumble backwards as the body readapted to the magical enviroment.

They have moved out of the range of the interferance talisman, unknowingly to Luke he was led into a trap.

His prostethic touched his face as he tried to center himself. The world spun as his head was filled with overpowering feeling of strengh, sensitivity and overbundence of sensual perception.

Just as his mind regained some composure, he could feel a fist the size of his forearm smash into his side, ribs cracking and his eyes buldging from their sockets at the sudden impact. He shot into a wall, his body still mid phazing into its true form shook from trauma as blood vessels popped and nervous system screamed.

He didnt even notice he was embeded within a stone wall as an amber coloured claw ripped him from it, and tossed into the middle of the street.

* what...what is happening...* he was dazed, confused, the pain barely punching through his clody thoughts. He took in the sights surrounding him. The hazy figure with those piercing blue eyes was closing on him, he looked downwards, on his shaking, black ink covered hand and bleeding torso.

* This is not how this is supposed to go...* he clenched his fist and swung forward.

“NOT LIKE THIS!” he yelled.

With a cold laugh and a chuckle the Atlantian welcomed him, even beyond the veil the damage persisted, the missing teeth, the broken arm now coated with amber coloured cast of magic, the bruises on its otherwise pristine body. And the broken horn, seeping with black rot, mangled flesh unable to heal.

“OH HOW I CRAVED THIS!” He exclaimed as he grabbed Luke by his outstretched arm and flung him over his head into the pavement, next, without a pause he spun and tossed his body with immense strenght into the edge of the building.

Luke's spine cracked together with the edge of the building, concrete debris falling upon him like rainfall. Twisting in pain, he was crawling on all fours, trying to resist, to stand up. He had to gather himself up. Turn the tides.

Another kick took away his breath, once more he crashed into the side of the building, parts of the wall crumbling to reveal an empty room.

This time, he managed not to fall, he remained standing. Unable to breathe, his lungs squeezed within the ribcage. Pulsating in agonizing act of begging for air.

 

Another kick arrived, but this time, blocked by the prosthetic, held in crossguard in front of his real arm, tight against his braced body. He sank deeper into the wall yet remained focused.

He looked his enemy in the eyes. What he saw was malice. What he saw was a monster.

Grining at him.

With a mighty PUSH, Luke repelled the leg, which he just now noticed was clad in armor of azure metal. Just as the pouldrons, chest guard and vanbraces on his opponent.

Just a second before it struck, he noticed the Zweihender tripple sword, with amber crtstaline ice shards and frost covering the three prong blades that were closing in on his head, radiating terrifying cold.

He tried to stop it by sapping it's kinetic energy, but the coalesced magic around it made it impossible to stop, by instinct he did the second best thing.

He directed it upwards, while smashing his own head downwards and away from the blade that left a trail of misty fog in its wake.

He could feel his hair flash freezing and crackling away from his scalp as the blade passed above.

His pupils widened while gazing between life and death.

They contracted once he could see his opponent closer.

Smirking at him.

He lost himself in the rage, as the wall behind him covered in ice and the blade was swung backwards, his mind expanded a bubble of influence, surrounding tens of meters around them.

All that held weight, speed or trajectory was stopped and repelled.

All that energy coursed through him, mangling his insides.

All that power channeled through his prostethic.

And as he turned his hips from under Klaus, his body wailing in agony, the fist connected, covering his glistening bone arm in a web of microfractures.

As the power exploded, so did the chest guard of Klaus. The majestic armor set, ancient by human standard, refined by his family, doning his crest and given to him by his father shattered on impact, magic energies unable to dissipate such concentrated blast of power. Instead of protecting, it served as shrapnel. With a bang comperable to a frag grenade and crushed ice, it dissapeared in seconds. Most of it within the skin of Klaus, penetrating the monsters hide and digging into muscle and bone.
He was shocked, unprepered and the agony once again flooded his mind, unused and unable to cope with such pain.

Luke did not stop, he couldn't, how could he.

With pain and shame coursing through his veins he exploded forward, a right straight connecting perfectly, the power of the blow pushing the scrunched head of Klaus backwards.

Another punch, a left hook, packed with residual kinetic power detonated as Luke was midair, overextending to connect.

The last punch missed, guiding him to follow the collapsing figure. They both fell, Luke tumbling over the monstrous body of Klaus.

They both rolled over, gaining some distance between each other. The pale man rose to a wreslers hunch while the proud monster stood tall, the huge, tri- pronged blade gleaming menecingly in his hand.

With an overhand swing, it dropped down onto Luke like an axe, seeking blood.

Desperatly, he rolled sideways, barely a breath escaped his mouth as he managed to dodge the slab of metal crashing into his position. The shards of rock smacking against his body like a shotgun blast.

Wordless panic overtook him. He could easily understand the gap in raw power, technique and skill. He ignited his inner reservoir. His chest shone, ribs visible through bare skin. Teeth clenching in a scowl of torture as his heart pumped more than he could handle. The excess of energy scorching his muscles as they activated. His channels crackling as they carried forward power meant to destroy.

He focused the feeling of hate and flaring withing his right palm, and his fingers iginted, white hot blaze radiated from the palms of his fingers as his arm swept in a wide arc, gouging a deep furrow in Klauses chest. Cauterizing the wound from before, turning the shrapnel pieces into molten slag within his tissue.

As the muscle burned through, he visibly had enough. Using the sword, he channeled the ice and a cascade of glacier power shot forward. It pushed Luke backwards, locking him in place. From his feet, a wave of debilitating cold rose upwards, freezing him in the moment, immobilizing him.

The ice crystals started forming rapidly, rooting him to the flooring. With audiable cracks they were rising along his legs, inch by inch immobilizing him even more.

Klaus started his monolouge. Proud, indignant, angry and smug. Just outside of Luke's reach.

“You really had me there for a moment, I'm enough of a man to admit that-”

“A DICKLESS MAN” Luke interrupted.

A bolt of ice smashed against his chest, egzactly where the spear penetrated before. A flower of ice bloomed around the point of impact and took root within the gash on his chest as his body rocked backwards and his back hit the earth. His legs covered in permafrost up to the shins keeping him from falling down completely.

“As I was saying, for a filthy half breed like you, it was a good plan. To catch me unprepered, corner me, cut me off from my powers. To even the field. You even forced me to use up my lifeline. Do you know how expensive that potion was? DO YOU? Eh, who am I kidding, of course not, you barely know anything in that mud filled head of yours.”

Luke was smashing both of his fists onto the ice, from inside it filled with blood as the skin an muscle raptured from the movement and being stuck to the covering glacier.

BANG BANG BANG

Without a care for his words Luke was trying to crack the ice and the pavement under him. But to no avail. The spot of expanding ice on his chest was already starting to restrict his movement. He was using his prosthetic to scratch and cleave at the ice.

To no avail.

“ENOUGH! YOU WILL LISTEN! I'VE WAITED TOO LONG FOR THIS NOT TO ENJOY IT!” With a swift movement, he slashed Luke from shoulder to the knee, open gash instantly frozen into a block of cold, as if armor, it covered his torso, connected to the ice covering his shin and locked the left arm pointing downwards while the right arm extended above his head, fist clenched. Only his head was left uncovered. The ice spikes digging into his chin, immobilizing even that. As the ice crackled while expanding, Luke could only stare with hatred and impotence at his enemy. Jaw clenched enough for tendons to poke through the skin as his eyes swirled with radiant power, surrounded by depthless darkness.

“Now, let us begin.”

0