Chapter 1 – The Academy
18 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

William woke up in his apartment, his compact bedroom leading into another room only filled with cartons and bottles. With an exhausted body, William willed himself to get out of his foul smelling bed.

With his fuzzy vision from always being on his phone. He fumbles as he finds something to grab upon. Things didn’t go as planned as William grabbed onto a sticky substance causing him to not be able to hold his balance.

 With a tumble he fell on the floor filled with reeking rags and garbage cartons. Disdainfully, he forced himself to look at the mirror beside his bed. He had crusty unkempt hair and a Youthful but battered face.

 With the clothes he has been wearing for days. Stains leaking from his armpits and stomach. With nothing better to do in his life. He looks to his left, which has his phone and yoyo resting on top of the nightstand. 

The only thing that kept him company was his phone and a fun toy yoyo. He had been practicing with his yoyo since he was 8 years old. Now 16, William was very skilled. With a joyish expression he looked sympathetic at his devices.

He looked back at the mirror, at his appearance. William wasn’t fat, but he wasn't skinny either; he was quite plump with a height of 5’10.

With slightly heavy steps, he regained his footing, standing atop of his garbage. Picking up his phone, he looked at the news that appeared on the first tap on his phone. A Hunter training academy was about to open near his location. 

He already signed up for this new learning experience, but it was a different academy than people thought . An academy to teach students/people how to conquer dungeons and fight monsters. Improving students' strength to stand on top. With an impressive headline, you would think everyone would like to join. 

But the world wasn’t like what others think. The people of this world were afraid of such things. Wanting to live in the safety of many different people. As he was leaning beside his bed, he saw that the academy started today. 

The appointment was at 12 noon. William looked at the time he realized it was only 8:36 am. He got up, his breathing unbalanced. With a struggle, William lifted his body, his muscles straining to push himself up.

He walked towards the bathroom door. Looking on the desk beside the bed stood a family photo of him and his parents. But his parents weren't with him anymore. Dying in an earthquake. 

With regretful eyes of not seeing his parents before their death. He rushed into the bathtub turning on the faucet, feeling the water pour onto his body.

When he got out of the bathroom. He really started to look like a young man. He started to put on his clothes. While standing in front of his mirror he started to push his stomach in. Trying to look as skinny as possible but it didn’t work. As his body still looks plump from his legs to his face. 

He forgot he still had to message his friend Alex about meeting up near a small lounge beside the academy. 

With a depressed expression he picked up his phone sending a message to Alex. Telling Alex to meet up by the internet lounge near the academy. Looking back at the time it just turned 9:10 

He picks up his yoyo from the flooring tying the knot around his finger. He started to get the feel of the yoyo. Then he started  to do tricks from around the world to time warp which is an evolved version of around the world.  Finishing his practice with the yoyo. 

He texts his friends wondering if they just want to meet up by the internet lounge right now… waiting a few minutes he receives a response which was not to his liking.  William, now being displeased, decided to clean his small apartment. 

Starting from his bed he picked up socks, cans of soda, spoiled food. Also weirdly enough moldy cheese. 

With disgust on his face he was wondering how he was living till now. Time seems to be moving fast as it was already 11 am with everything cleaned in his apartment. William got a better vision of the situation inside his small abode.

A bed with a small desk beside it. A mirror standing 5 feet tall on his wall across from his small tv. Only leaving a few feet from his bed to his window. Wondering how he fit all of this inside the apartment left him in mystery. 

Putting his 3 yoyos and phone in his pocket he rushed towards the door leaving. But before that he freshened up his abode and his clothes he was wearing. 

With everything done he was walking down a few flights of stairs when he finally hit the bottom. With a tired expression of rushing downstairs.

 He was standing by the entrance as he left the comforts of his apartment bought with his parents' money. On the sidewalk he saw people walking along the road. Dressed badly as they were rushing towards the comfort of their houses. William was walking with a regular tee shirt on and jean pants. He made it to the internet lounge with the words Seam on the board hanging up on the top front of the building. 

Seeing Alex near the entrance William was filled with excitement after not seeing his friend for a few months. His appearance seemed to change a lot, having become more stockier than the last time he saw him.

Even though William seemed to gain a lot of weight from the last time they met Alex was able to recognize William's face.

“Bro what happened to you” spoke Alex

 With a frustrated face “Don't worry about it, it would all go away naturally” replied William

“It better….” said Alex

Seeing the cheerful expression on Alex's face you know that he was teasing William. They walked while talking towards the academy. 

“Alex do you know if any other of our friends are also coming to the academy” said William

“I think David should be on his way right now” replied Alex 

William, looking back , saw it was 11:37. Seeing the appearance of the academy showing up he didn’t worry about if they were late or not. When reaching the entrance of the academy it was very grand. Many things seem to appear in front of William's face. 

People were scattered around the entrance of the majestic academy. Wonder was shown across William face. He never saw something so huge, the building was standing at an impressive height of 250 feet. 

While William was looking around the school. Alex seems to have spotted David a few feet away. But David didn’t seem to see them. Alex sneaked around the bushes and trees…getting slightly closer to David while only being a few inches away Alex rushed in slapping David’s back as hard as possible and unbearable pain seemed to show on David's face.

David fidgeted around the floor. Trying to keep in as much noise from escaping his mouth as possible. Tears began to well up in his eyes. 

Seeing that Alex just did an impressive feat. William looked only to see David on the floor almost crying and Alex with his hand out. William just stared back piecing things together William found out what had happened. William rushed over to David pulling him back up.

“You weren’t as weak as this before” said Alex

David having difficulty saying anything, William spoke for him, ”Alex, David was never strong in the first place he just braced through your bullying”

David, having difficulty accomplishing anything from such pain, just nodded his head.

“You can just continue to brace through it” replied Alex while laughing his ass off.

David seems to have calmed down from his pain looking back at Alex and William he realizes both of them seem to have a different appearance after a few months of not being together.

But David still looks the same as usual. With his skinny body build only for knowing how to study for classes. The clock ticked, becoming 12 o clock, time seemed to have slowed down as the atmosphere began to become more tense. 

A person appeared on top of the academy. People looked up at amazement wondering who the person was. But with a grand entrance the person leaped off the academy and was sent over 200 feet to the ground landing perfectly without damaging anything. 

The amazement turned into astonishment at the scene. Many people looked at the person's face.

But with a loud and demanding voice, “Welcome to the Hunter training academy that would change your lives, a lot of your daily lives will change from now on so get ready to put your life on the line to change into a whole different person” 

People stood still looking like robots at such a scene. The man stood with a proud body full of strength, muscles bulging from the shirt that was sticking to his skin. His veins are shown on his arms and his face.

William looks back at his friends with a worried look on his face. Only to see the same expression on David but not on Alex he looks like he's ready to fight. 

With how the world has been he has to change now because when would he change for good later. With a thought passing his mind I rather go back playing with my yoyo.

2