Chapter 9
34 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Asil was scouring through the fifth city in his search for Tallu; she couldn't have vanished from the face of the earth, could she? At least he hoped she hadn't gone and teleported herself into the nothingness of some parallel dimension for her nine-tails exam. He hoped dearly that wasn't the case. Hence why he was in godforsaken Oslo, Norway freezing off his whiskers in the cold since it was the middle of winter. 

The Himalayas had been more comfortable in his opinion. 

It was goddamn cold, and his magic was a mangled mess. It didn't really tell him anything but, there go, people, search. He needed to find her, Tallu; he didn't want her to be somewhere and get into trouble; she was prone to trouble. So his magic had been running on fumes trying to find her.

Someone used their own magic against him, and he looked up; cloister, a church; for god's sake, what was he doing here? He wanted to turn away when his eyes fell upon the library. He didn't know why, but he felt compelled to go there. Stepping up his game, he headed there and used magic to transport himself into the library. It was giant, high ceilings above him and books over books in endless rows. 

Tallu would like it here was the first thought that came to him when he heard something.

His ears twitched, and he turned, and then he smelled the old Fae in his nose. An ancient fae inside a closer library in Oslo, Norway, now that was not what he expected. He followed the scent of Fae and then stood in front of a table, empty. 

He went closer, and although the Fae covered it almost entirely, he scented something familiar that he wouldn't mistake for anyone.

"Tallu." He muttered.

It was far too faint; normally, she had the scent of spice of potions and an assortment of other scents, mountain and rock, and most of the time also chocolate, her favorite sweet. This was almost completely covered, she had been here only a few hours ago, and there was the scent of Fae. Almost overwhelmingly present. 

It covered hers; they had been here together, from how much the scent was diffused. What had Tallu done here with a Fae? He flicked his magic, recalling the past; if it hadn't been longer than a few hours, he could see what had happened here.

"I didn't know such magic had several languages it could be worked in." A tall fae man said. The girl next to him was Tallu, only she looked more human than usual, frail. 

"The language is secondary; the mage is what matters," Tallu said, and the Fae nodded. Asil recogized him, a Lord. 

"So we are searching for a witch that can use crafting magic and uses Norwegian runes as her magician's language." The Fae lord said, and Tallu nodded. 

"Exactly." She answered him. "Although she doesn't have to be alive if it's crafted magic, it can be used even after the crafter's death. It's tied to the source, not the mage." 

"You need rest." The Fae said and held out his hand. "I will teleport us back, and you can go sleep." 

Then they teleported, and Asils fists balled. Tallu was going around with an old and powerful fae, whatever these fae got involved in, the levels of magic that these people tangled with was even on a good day, heads and heels above what she could pull off under the best of circumstances. Even he or River would face difficulties matching. 

They had been here and spoken about crafting magic; he knew most crafting magic users by name, and he would start with the oldest of them. Tallu also knew the woman; if she was searching for a crafting magic user, that would be her first address.

He flicked his magic and teleported himself to Egypt Alexandria.

The sun burned down, the temperature change from Oslo to Alexandira hefty, and the Mediterranean Sea was not too far. He marched through the streets switching appearance once again to look more like a local. If he remembered, right around here was the entrance to the hidden road. A Bazaar that had almost everything the magical work had to give. 

The magic skimmed over his fur when he came to the bazaar. A wild assortment of people and colorful glasses give light to the surroundings. Lights descended, playing colorful games upon the skin and clothes of those walking beneath them. 

Fae, Vampires, Humans, Shifters, everything gathered and balled together and into a wild mass of people. Shopkeepers left and right showing off their wares, announcing their goods. Asil didn't let himself be distracted, though, and headed straight to one of the buildings. On the lowest floor were small little stores, fixed ones being a rare sight, and he counted them down. Past the flying carpets, he ended up at an obscurely looking nondescript door and entered. 

There sat a Vixen surrounded by thick Shisha smoke. Honeysuckle and Nightshade, a mild Aphrotisiac, his nose told him. She had a pretty-looking Rabbit shifter, bejeweled and adorned, lying to her feet and another, it looked like a dog kin massaging her shoulders as she lounged in the Chair and had her hazel eyes muster him. 

"Asil." She said and put the Shisha aside. "My eyes are either getting worse, or it's really you." 

"Marinka." Asilo greeted the Vixen as she walked past him and hugged him. Her ample breasts threatened to fall out of her skimpy clothes. Marika always reminded Asil of overripe flowers. 

"What brings you to me." Marika stood up, disentangled herself, and walked up to him, both arms widely spread open. 

Asilo stepped back in refusal of the hug. She smiled at him and turned around elegantly, her beautifully groomed chopper tail swaying behind her. 

"I have a question, Marika. I am not searching for a night of company."

"Oh, how curious," Marika said and leaned forward, displaying her impressibe cleavage. "Everything I could answer you would also be answerable by your little Sorcery Fox...what was her name...Tallu." 

"This is something I cannot ask Tallu." He said, and she leaned back. 

"Then, Asil, let us talk about what you want to know and what I want for this knowledge." 

2