Adventure 14 ─ Assassin’s Guild: Laplace Box
40 5 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I hope you had a great day my dear readers.

The chapters feel faster to make them because I am eliminating events written in the draft and pasted for other parts.

I hope you like this chapter that I got sentimental, be warned so you don't cry.

Estelle as she fell to the ground began to remember her childhood.

As a child she belonged to a village hidden in the mountains.

In that village was a special race that could not be found anywhere else.

The Golden Cat were called.

This race was so called because of their hair, tail, ears and eyes as golden as the sun.

The reason for that hair was due to their magical power, they could manifest various attacks such as lightning and lightly manipulate metals and even run at speeds faster than a bullet.

The electricity emanating from their bodies was always golden, they did not need to conjure spells for it.

In the past various monarchs and corrupt governments used them for their wars.

They believed they were bringing about change in the world.

But it was when they started killing their own that they realized how late it was.

Most of their race were killed by themselves.

Those who survived went to the mountains to hide.

But in those places there were very dangerous monsters.

In the end a small group remained and that was where Estelle was.

But that was never her real name.

"Onee-chan, we'll be home late."

"Stelle shut up already, we'll be fine."

Said a young girl by the name of Esther to her younger sister.

Esther and Stelle were twins who spent their days playing away from others.

That was because the younger of the two, Stelle had been born with a mysterious degenerative disease that gradually weakened her.

Her older sister was the example of a healthy child.

While the younger sister was the perfect example of someone who was sick.

No one played with Stelle more than just her older sister.

For that reason, the younger sister loved her older sister very much.

Even when their parents died from a disease that many believed Stelle herself gave them, they lived far away from the village in an old house where they kept farming tools.

Even without healthy food, they lived comfortably hunting rabbits and gathering herbs.

Their days were quiet.

"I told you we'd be late. If it wasn't for the dragonflies we'd be lost in the forest."

"Sorry, I say!"

"You were right. Your big sister is useless."

"That's not why I said it. I'm saying it because I don't want anything to happen to you."

After their dinner, they went to sleep in the only bed there was.

Stelle raised her slender hand and stroked her big sister's head.

"I'm glad the only person here with me is you."

"D-don't talk nonsense. We're sisters, you're another part of me, I'll never let anything happen to you."

"..."

"Really?"

Stelle covered herself with the sheets as she spoke to her sister.

"You'll never leave me? Even if because of me our parents passed away and you live in exile from the village."

"Yes, I love you."

Esther hugged her younger sister to show her that she would never leave her alone.

"You are my dear little sister. I will never leave you alone, always trust your big sister to protect you."

"Yes, I'm so sorry...good night onee-chan."

"Good night."

The two sisters closed their eyes and Stelle was the one who slept peacefully at last in denying herself as the one to blame for the death of her parents.

She did not want this night to end.

◇◇◇

"Stelle, get up quickly."

"...Huh?"

Esther picked up her sister and shook her from side to side without letting her understand what was going on.

Stelle asked what was wrong and her sister answered something frightening.

"Listen carefully. Some intruders entered the village and are destroying everything, we must leave as soon as possible."

"... Intruders?"

In the distance, Stelle could see a big orange light and several screams she heard.

"Nooo!"

"Mom!"

"Leave me alone!"

The screams of horror from the villagers frightened Stelle her sister grabbed her face to stare at it.

"Don't think of anything. We must flee as soon as possible, take anything that will do."

"Y-Yeah."

The sisters grabbed everything they could carry in their leather backpacks.

They went out the back, after leaving they heard some voices breaking through the door.

"Hey fucker, there's nothing here."

"N-No, I swear to you. There are girls in here that can serve you unlike my family."

"Where do you see girls in here you fucking idiot!"

"Puah!"

*Stab*

"Look for the brats, they must not have gone far."

Esther clicked her teeth as she heard them.

"Run fast."

"O-Onee-chan wait."

In a low voice she shouted to her younger sister, but even running wasn't enough to escape.

Because of Stelle's weak legs they couldn't run that fast.

"Kyah."

Stelle fell to the ground.

Esther went to help her quickly.

"Come on, get up now."

Stelle pushed her sister as she tried to pick her up.

"No."

With tears in her eyes she looked at her and blurted out heartbreaking words.

"Onee-chan, go without me."

"...!"

Esther was about to scream at her and forcibly lift her up when she saw the torch lights approaching.

"It's okay. I'm a burden, you can run away me."

"Don't talk nonsense!"

"I'm not talking them!"

Stelle stood up on her own and walked in the direction of the pursuers.

"I'm someone useless with a high chance of dying at any moment."

"It's best for both of us if one of us survives."

"Don't worry about me. I'll die with a light stroke, instead you can live longer."

"Don't talk nonsense!"

Esther ran to hug her younger sister.

"You're my only family, I won't leave you to save me!"

Esther didn't want to leave her sister alone, she began to cry as if something had broken inside her.

"If you don't want to live. I don't want to live without you either!"

"Onee-chan, no. At least one of us should live."

"Why don't you two better live as my pets?"

A third voice answered them.

Both sisters' eyes focused on the tall man with black hair combed back with glasses who was looking at them coldly.

"Did you seriously think no one would pay attention to you when you start shrieking in the middle of nowhere?"

Quickly Esther pushed her sister away and lunged at the man with a knife she used to hunt rabbits.

"Stelle, run away fast!"

"I hate brats, especially irritating ones who think they can beat an adult."

The man raised his hand and in one motion pierced Esther's belly.

"Puah!"

A large amount of blood spurted out of her mouth as her belly squirted from the hole he punched.

"O-O-O-Onee-chan..."

Stelle looked at her older sister, on that beautiful crescent moon night where she wanted it to never end, she watched as her beloved sister was pierced by a stranger.

As if she were a dirty rag, the man pulled his arm out of Esther's body and threw her away.

Stelle approached her, observing the large hole where her intestines were visible.

"S...telle..."

"Don't talk onee-chan! L-Let me see what I do!"

Stelle tried to stop the bleeding, but she didn't know how to do it.

"It's useless."

Said the voice of the mysterious man.

"We were hired to clear the area since they plan to build a mansion here. I thought they were too dangerous a race to make me personally come and bring reinforcements."

"They are so incompetent, you were so weak to fight."

"Don't hate me, hate yourself for being weak."

"The weak will always die, that's the food chain."

"It was always that way and always will be that way."

"Lester, I got my hands dirty, you take care of it."

A large man approached Stelle.

"Don't worry, I don't like killing children, so I'll break your neck really quick."

"No... onee-chan..."

The man lifted Stelle up and put his large hands on her slender neck and began to squeeze it.

"Onee-chan..."

Stelle used her last bit of strength to call out to her older sister.

Using all her strength, Esther smiled at her.

"I... love... you..."

She said one last time before taking her last breath.

Esther died before Stelle.

The moment she saw her older sister dead, her last family, the only person who truly loved her.

Stelle felt something she had never felt before in her life.

Hate.

Contempt.

Anger.

All those negative emotions were creeping up on her, suppressing any other emotions like sadness and melancholy over the loss of her sister.

She reached up with her slender hands and grasped the fingers of the man holding her.

With a swift movement impossible for human sight, she snapped all five fingers in a single motion.

Falling to the ground.

The moment the man began to feel pain from his broken fingers, Stelle jumped up and slashed his throat using her growing fingernails.

At the same time, the other men nearby saw what happened, being processing what happened for them, for Stelle it was different.

"They are slow."

As if time had stopped, Stelle could think different things and take multiple actions while her slow-motion enemies moved.

(Why did onee-chan have to die?)

(Wasn't I the defective one?)

(Someone tell me. Why did my sister have to die?)

All those thoughts were going through her head as her body unconsciously moved at a high speed, generating a golden flash in that dark forest.

Using her hands, her sharp nails sliced the limbs and necks of her enemies.

One by one they fell as if they were tree leaves in a gale.

In the end only the leader remained.

In the blink of an eye she approached the leader to dig in with him.

He used his arm to cover himself, it was pierced by nails and Stelle couldn't get his arm out.

Quickly he raised his fist and punched Stelle hard in the stomach three times in a row.

Generating intense pain that caused him to lose consciousness.

Falling to the ground, the man thought for a while.

He looked around and realized that everyone from the village to this remote place was dead.

"This is interesting."

◇◇◇

After a while, Stelle awoke in a dark room lit by the sun's rays from a single window.

A strange smell wafted through the place.

"You finally woke up."

Said a voice she recognized, the voice of the man who killed her older sister was sitting while eating an apple.

"I'll put it bluntly."

"You killed a large number of elite members of my organization. Among them Lester who would be my replacement."

"For that reason I propose this to you."

"Get lost."

Stelle said quickly getting up and grabbing a splinter from the bed which he threw like a dart.

The man used the apple to cover himself from the dart, but that was a distraction.

She jumped up the walls until she was close to him and gave him a powerful kick in the face which sent him flying into the wall.

Quickly going to the door, she realized it was locked.

Using that super speed to see the others as slow, she searched the man's body until she got some keys and went to open the door.

All this took about ten seconds.

She ran down the hallway until she came to some spiral stairs.

At the bottom was a single door.

As she stepped out, the light of a new tomorrow would greet her.

Or so she thought as she saw how a group of men were waiting for her with small swords and arrows from different locations.

There were at least fifty men there.

Stelle froze as she saw the number of enemies.

She wanted to go out and fight, but fell to the ground realizing that her body was still weak.

The man she hit came to where she was lying and picked her up as if she were an alley cat.

"I didn't imagine this would happen in the time I didn't estimate."

"It was even a minute less than I expected."

"Congratulations, you passed."

"...!"

She didn't understand what the man meant. But that didn't matter to him.

"My name is Griff Steiner. I'm the head of the assassin's guild, the Laplace Box."

"Our mission is simple, to commission to make a better place for our clients."

"It doesn't matter if the client wants us to assassinate a dictator or a saint fighting tyrants, we will fulfill our commission and put an end to those pests."

"For example your people were, do you want revenge?"

"Then live, live for the good of the guild."

"A talent for murder like yours is something rarely seen in this life."

"I imagine the girl who looked like you was your sister, wasn't she?"

"...!"

Stelle tried to attack him, but she was too weak for it.

"The reason for your thin body is actually your sister's fault."

"... Huh?"

She looked at the man when he mentioned her illness.

"It's natural that when twins are born, the twin with stronger genetics will absorb the nutrients that a healthy baby would need in order not to suffer from some disease."

"In your case it's simple, your sister stole your share. You were born weak because of that sister."

"No... you lie..."

"I'm not lying. Medical magic has advanced so far that we can now detect diseases in children before they are born."

"Your disease is similar to those who lack vitamin B in their bodies. With good treatment you can be healthy in no time."

"Sure, only if you become my pet."

Griff touched his glasses to show his sinister smile.

"Don't you want to avenge your sister on the people responsible?"

"Work for the future of the guild and you'll be my right hand, I'll let you fulfill your revenge and who knows... maybe I can hand over my position to you when I retire."

"..."

"If you accept, get on the floor and lick my shoes, now."

Griff released her and Stelle looked outside, escape was out of the question.

She could try to attack this man, but she couldn't do that, she would die by him or those outside at any moment.

There was only one thing she wanted to do.

(Onee-chan, I will avenge you. No matter what kind of monster I become, I will avenge you.)

Stelle using all her strength began to lick Griff's feet.

"Good, that's the way I like it, now I'll give you a reward."

"You wonder how you were able to wipe them all out?"

"Apparently your race is one born to fight, living so long in peace caused those violent genetics to be appeased to the point where you woke them up. Congratulations."

"As a gift for behaving well, I'll tell you that the body of your older sister I brought her, you can give her a burial wherever you want."

"This is my way of showing you my honesty."

"Now, calling 'you' is very annoying, what's your name?"

Stelle paused for a moment before answering.

She remembered her older sister smiling warmly at her.

(That's right.)

(This revenge is not only mine.)

(It's also yours onee-chan.)

"...Estelle."

"My name is Estelle."

Estelle, the fusion of her two names, Esther and Stelle.

According to her father before he died, they were named after two twin stars that are seen when there is a new moon.

A new identity was born, one that would live for revenge.

"Estelle. Welcome to the Laplace Box, don't disappoint me."

Griff said as he enjoyed Estelle licking his dirty shoes.

That is the tragic story of a girl who killed many, no matter if they were good or bad people.

All those corpses were part of her real goal.

Revenge.

Revenge is what would move her world from now on.

She would not let anyone stop her or stand in her way.

Or so she thought...

◇◇◇

"Umm..."

Estelle opened her eyes and found herself looking at the same tragic moon she saw that night.

It was resting on a soft bed on a balcony.

She noticed that it was made of sheets the bed was made of and a sheet was giving her that nice feeling on her back.

Beside her were two people, Lion and Eliza.

Staring at her.

"I would tell you that you should thank Eliza for shooting you in the leg, but depending on what you say or do now won't have done that any good."

"Answer me, who are you and what do you want with me?"

"I won't hesitate to break your neck if you lie to me."

Revenge for Estelle was her main life goal.

But in this situation she felt truly threatened.

But the next thing she did marked her fate.

She began to cry.

"Help me... onee-chan..."

As if she was a child again at her 18th year old, Estelle started to cry after a long time of not crying.

◇◇◇

Looking at the moon, two men were fighting.

"Look what you've done you idiot! We'll be delayed longer because of you!"

"Shut your mouth, it's not my fault!"

Kristoff and Belgata were fighting.

They were coming up on the three days they said it would take them to go to the kingdom to surprise attack them.

Kristoff pointed at the soldiers.

"Whose fault do you think it is that they're like this!!! The genie who said to eat suspicious mushrooms!"

The soldiers, at least the vast majority of them had stomach cramps, including Belgata himself who was trying to keep his bowels from spilling out.

"Shut your mouth! I don't regret anything─"

*Twist*

"Uwohh, I'm giving birth to a brown baby! Here comes the baby!"

"You suck too much!"

Unintentionally, or by the work of chance, the tragic night for everyone didn't escalate.

I hope you liked Estelle's past, there will be characters with backgrounds like this in the future.

She gets the fanservice again.

As a curious note, she is the 2.0 of Oriana, Cheat Lord's cat girl.

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/109461821

2