Adventure 17 ─ The power of the “Misdirection”
21 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sorry for the delay my dear readers.

But I was half sick this week, that's why it took me so long to upload this. Also the chapter was long, almost 30 pages it was.

I hope you like it.

An unexpected event was happening.

For some reason I was seeing the ceiling.

Let's recap what happened.

I came to attack the assassin's guild and kill the boss, great so far.

I saw him and proceeded to kill him...

But right now I was looking at his nose hairs from the rubble of his desk.

Something happened, something he did.

I don't think I'm clumsy enough to fall and slip.

I got up and grabbed some pieces of wood, after walking a few feet away I threw the wood scraps at him.

(Let's see what you did!)

I had no idea how he managed to throw me against the desk, but I'll find out with these makeshift stakes.

The stakes flew at the guy with glasses.

The unthinkable happened.

Nothing.

They didn't do anything to him.

(That's totally unbelievable!)

I watched as the guy remained motionless and the stakes passed close to him, piercing the wall behind him.

I broke out in a cold sweat because I never expected to encounter this kind of enemy.

I still can't figure out what he did.

"Are you done?"

He said as he stood up and undid the buttons on his vest.

"You interrupt my business, kill my workers, violate my privacy and cause damage to my office and try to hurt me."

"Do you have any idea what punishment you deserve for doing all that?"

For some reason he reminded me a lot of a black corporate boss who exploits his workers and profits from them until they work themselves to death.

That is, me.

I wanted to try to make the same move as before to check what he did.

But he lunged at me right away.

I saw him move his right arm as if it were a pendulum, from side to side it was moved as if he was a boxer preparing to apply consecutive blows.

That's what he did, he hit me three times with the same hand movement.

He hit me in the left rib.

He knew where to hit, he was not a beginner.

The ribs are fragile areas of the body, so each blow he delivered caused a small internal fracture to emerge.

Because of my blessing, that damage will heal instantly.

The problem is that the pain does not heal as the nerves send that signal to the brain.

Bottom line.

It's no use for it to hurt me because I will heal, but at the same time it hurts me psychologically because of the pain it generates.

I must kill it as soon as possible or else I will faint from the pain.

Again he positioned himself to attack me, I went straight at him and this time I decided to use a feint to check what he did.

I will fake attack him, meaning I will pretend to attack him and stop instantly.

I quickly approached him and after raising my sword, I went for his pretend head.

Then.

*Spun*

The hands of his watch that looked like the head of a Chinese dragon spinning around began to rotate in the opposite direction.

This time I could feel it.

A strange force field surrounded me and my body was propelled as if someone was pushing me.

"Puah!"

Unlike before, he hit me about 27 times with the same arm, moving only his elbow nine times in the process.

He went to different parts of my body.

Belly, chest, jugular, arms, lower belly.

All of them were weak points of the body.

The rhythmic and precise movement of the blows was to quickly murder me as I agonized in the process.

As expected, I healed after feeling hellish pain.

"Hmph, I don't get it."

Said the guy fixing his glasses.

"You didn't die despite first hitting your ribs and managing to give yourself a fracture which the intense damage would cause internal bleeding."

"Nor much less now that I gave you a series of deadly blows capable of killing a minotaur."

"How is it possible that a human being could have survived the perfect murderous style of the Viper's Three-Strike Sting?"

"You are certainly not a normal human. You're the kind of dangerous person who deserves to be eliminated."

The clock on his arm spun again.

He lunged at me and when I tried to dodge him, for some reason my body moved into his fist.

I could feel my nose fracturing and again I was propelled off breaking a wall on the way.

The guy came up to me and said.

"There's no way you can beat my Juggernaut Drive."

"I'm invincible, I'm telling you because I want you to know who killed you."

Before throwing more punches at me, I propelled myself to fall on my side, rolled a little and quickly got to my feet.

"Juggernaut Drive... you said?"

"..."

"I remember when I was inside the giant black slime, I heard him muttering things about that thing you say..."

"Hey. Do you know what the Ouroboros Order is?"

"You know a lot, you must die now without a doubt."

"I thought so!"

This guy is related to that Order!

He adjusted his glasses and revealed something even more unexpected.

"Let me introduce myself properly."

"My name is Griff Steiner, the president of the Assassin's Guild, Laplace, a member of Ouroboros Order."

This will certainly not get easy.

◇◇◇

The girls were in a difficult situation.

"Eliza-chan, your back is bleeding! A weird color!"

The Dark Triad were standing in front of them.

Basler said to his companions.

"Hey, do we really have to kill these cuties? They're too cute to die, I want them in my collection."

"We started that weird fetish of yours again."

"I told you to shut up."

Estelle thought about how to ensure their safety at the cost of her life.

(This is bad, if it was one I could use myself as a decoy for them to flee, but it's all three of them.)

(The chance of escape is zero.)

She looked around, there was no one even though the lights were on in the buildings and the voices of her enemies were loud.

(The people around know what's going on. They won't put their safety at risk for anything in the world.)

She trembled making the hairs on her tail and ears stand up in panic.

(The only option I have is to create a smokescreen and attack them so they can escape.)

Estelle smiled to herself and spoke to Alice.

"Princess, listen to me carefully."

"For starters, you're very annoying."

"Huh? What's that for?"

Alice didn't understand why Estelle criticized her.

"You're so annoying because you want to see life in a non-gray color, from what I could see, your surroundings are full of good people."

"It's so annoying that there aren't more people like you in the world. If they were like you, there would be no wars."

The fur on her tail and ears bristled to such a degree that it was slowly starting to fall out.

"For that reason, when that guy returns victorious, tell him for me to please bury me at the top of the mountain near here, that's where my sister is."

She looked at Eliza and did the same.

"Hey you, weird maid, I have a few words to say to you."

"Would you shut your mouth?"

Eliza said stepping forward.

"If you're planning on dying you can."

"But don't try to leave me some idiot wish of a suicidal idiot, will you?"

The wound on her back healed.

Eliza stretched her arms out to her sides.

"I'll only say this once."

"If you want a quick death, just say so. If not, I'll be sure to give you the most painful death of all."

The Dark Triad burst out laughing at hearing that they would be killed.

"Hahahahahaha this really made me laugh!"

"Fufu, I've never laughed so hard in my life."

"Even I who don't laugh am able to laugh at something like this."

Number 3 of the three strongest assassins took a step forward.

He disappeared after doing so.

And appeared behind them.

Then in front.

He was creating different residual images that spoke as if he was in different places at the same time.

"I am Basler, the fastest of the three. My assassination techniques focus on that, supersonic speed!"

Basler pulled out a pair of scissors.

Basler was a boy who grew up as the son of a barber.

Because he had no mother, his father spent working that he neglected his son.

One day, Basler found himself when he accidentally found his mother's makeup thinking it was food and put it in his mouth.

The taste was horrible, but something inside him made him want to put it on his face.

He liked the way it looked.

Then he started using his mother's things.

Basler for the first time in his loneliness really enjoyed something in his life.

But suddenly his father came into his room, he reeked of alcohol.

He was drinking since early in the morning because a new barber shop opened in town, a better one, a very cheap one and above all, better tools.

That made the man who was dedicated to drinking angry and now that he saw his son wearing a dress.

It made his sanity explode.

He yelled many nasty things at him, including how effeminate and ridiculous he looked.

He abused him and then with the same rusty scissors and germs from some customers, he castrated his own son.

Basler lived in that hell until one day, he couldn't take it anymore and killed his father.

Murder was forbidden, he had to run.

He ran so far, so far that no one could catch him.

When he was older, he tried to rob Griff.

He survived his beating and then offered him a hand to live as his shadow.

Basler was happy.

He was accepted by someone and because of his father's abuse, he developed a strong woman-hating disorder.

He hated them because they were women by birth.

Basler's psychological disorder was that of a misogynistic psychopath.

For that reason, he enjoyed killing, torturing, humiliating and above all, breaking his victims.

Now that he found new victims, he would not let them run away.

He was running around the girls, preparing his move to take Eliza's life first.

*Cut*.

He gave a small cut to her arms.

Then to her legs.

Eliza wasn't moving at all.

Basler laughed at her.

"Did you really brag so much about eliminating us?"

"Look at you now, helpless as a puppy."

"Don't think I'll let you die easily after humiliating us!"

Basler stopped playing around and went to cut off one of Alice's arms to show her that they are all in his clutches.

Being inches away from Alice, he received a strong kick that sent him flying into a distant building.

The impact caused him to leave a crater in the wall.

Zolgen and Balthort could not believe it.

Basler came down from the crater in the wall and spat blood.

It was a large amount.

He remembered his childhood and it sent him into a deep rage.

"You've already done it you fucking big-titted bitch!"

"I'm going to cook you alive!"

Basler went straight for Eliza, but she said.

"It's finally completed."

A strange magic circle similar to the baselines of a computer chip materialized near her hands.

A strange shape was materializing.

It was a small rifle the size of a pistol for both hands.

After it materialized, Eliza said.

"All three of you will die here now."

As Basler approached her to deliver the final blow.

"Dieeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

Eliza disappeared.

"...!"

The Dark Triad didn't understand what happened until Zolgen noticed something.

"Basler! Up with you!"

The moment he looked up at the sky, Basler was petrified to see the image of Eliza being illuminated by the moonlight.

She looked like an angel being bathed in lunar rays.

"I-It's... beautiful."

Were his last words as Eliza pulled the trigger.

A hail of bullets, not real bullets, but ether bullets were fired from the rifle.

Basler couldn't process that he had died because his entire body was filled with holes.

In the blink of an eye, his life was over without being able to do anything but stare at Eliza's beautiful silhouette.

"Okay, who's next?"

She asked after getting into attack position.

Balthort took the cigar out of his mouth.

"Hey, is there going to be any bonus for taking care of someone who killed a teammate?"

"I don't think so. But you can get it if you show him his head, I'm talking Basler's."

"Aye."

Balthort wasn't fast like Basler, he was much slower, but from his arm came a blade that stopped Eliza's movements.

He kicked at it, before he could block it, a new blade came out of his leg and pierced Eliza's thigh.

"...!"

"I'm an expert in concealed weapons. That's why I'm number two."

Balthort was not his real name.

It was the name of the street where he grew up.

Where prostitution was the main business, drug addicts were the bread and butter and robbery the ultimate charity.

Like all children born to prostitutes, they were homeless, having to steal food from the clean streets where humans lived.

The slum was known as a place where non-humans dwelled.

It was a perfect place for corruption and getting rid of undesirables.

Balthort when stealing on the human side of the street, was always beaten, to such a degree that even his bones were broken.

To move his limbs, he forcibly implanted sharp objects from the garbage such as knives and broken glass.

This is how he began his life of crime.

As expected, he grew up and with each heist he became smarter, more professional in the art of hiding weapons in his body.

He even hid mini bombs in the space between his teeth.

When he made money, he spent it on women, drugs and alcohol.

His life was a mess until Griff came along one day to take out the trash for good.

No one less than Balthort survived because of his cunning.

That pleased Griff who turned him out instantly.

There wasn't a single place on Balthort's body where there weren't hidden swords or knives.

He opened his mouth and from his throat a little had peeked out where he was spitting venom.

Eliza was being hurt badly.

To such a degree that she was beginning to heal, but her clothes were not.

Her breasts were almost fully exposed, showing skin and hiding her nipples.

"You're not bad at all. I guess I'll give you a taste after I kill you."

Alice showed revulsion at hearing that.

"What a pity you are."

"It totally is."

Eliza quickly made a move and the pistols in her hands disappeared.

She moved closer to Balthort to pretend to hit him.

(Just a little more.)

But he grabbed her leg and a strong pressure occurred.

"...!"

Balthort had used a mini bomb and Eliza's leg was hurt badly.

Green liquid came out like blood.

He laughed at her misfortune.

"Hahahaha! I may not be that fast, but no one can beat me in a fight. Be it melee or ranged."

"We'll see about that."

Eliza said as she held out her hands and a new weapon manifested.

It was a rocket launcher.

Zolgen was weirded out as strange weapons appeared in her hands.

(How does she do that?)

Balthort laughed at Eliza as he pulled a small bomb out of his teeth.

"No matter what tricks you pull, you can never beat me."

"You're right, I can't beat you."

"But this can."

He pressed the button and a small missile was fired straight at Balthort.

(I don't know what that is. But it won't happen to me like it did to Basler.)

He stepped aside to get closer to attack.

But as he swerved out of the way.

"What!"

The missile sent at him turned and was heading for his back.

Balthort shifted position again and the missile was still on course.

"You can't run away, I control that missile. Please die."

Balthort jumped to a rooftop to make the missile hit some house, but it did him no good because the moment he jumped to another rooftop.

He did not understand that the missile was faster than him.

The impact of the explosion was so strong that it took half a house with Balthort.

That place was a money laundering house so no one really lost anything.

"That's two down and one to go..."

Eliza said as she saw something strange happen to Zolgen.

"Unlike them, I'm different."

"I get it, you're special."

"You did something weird and those weapons appeared in your hands."

"Those two were just my pawns."

"As the strongest in the guild, it's natural to use my shields to protect me from any enemy attacks."

His skin was darkening, as if turning to coal.

The tattoos on his body manifested different colors that gave different attributes.

Strength, speed, increased magical power, etc. Everything about him increased, even his muscle mass.

Once his skin color turned to coal black, he said to Eliza.

"I am Zolgen, the strongest in the guild."

"Unlike the others, you can't beat me easily."

"My entire body has been covered by the perfect defense!"

"That's my assassination skill. Cover my body with a shield and shatter everything!"

Zolgen grew up in a certain country that was in a civil war all the time.

He was abandoned by his parents and raised by a nobleman along with other children to win soldiers.

During his fighting, he discovered a wizard who made strange tattoos on his body which gave him increased ability in his body.

He asked the wizard to show him, but on the enemy's side.

Zolgen did not hesitate and killed his master.

He went with the wizard to live and taught him that these tattoos are known as "inked runes".

Runes are a type of ancient magic that consist of drawing characters that represent a secret code nature.

He learned all he needed and then killed his master.

Zolgen as he grew up on the battlefield became a wild animal, he cared about nothing but fighting.

One certain day, he met a man on the battlefield.

The man was Griff and all except Zolgen he killed.

Zolgen ended up with broken arms and legs as well as several internal hemorrhages.

Griff marveled at how a man like him was still alive after receiving a small dose of his power.

He offered him his help if he would swear allegiance to him.

Zolgen accepted, but so that he could kill him in the future.

"I will not let my revenge be taken by you. I'll kill you bitches and go kill the boss later, only I have the right to do that!"

He stomped his foot on the ground and went to attack the girls.

They dodged it thanks to Estelle grabbing them both and jumped towards a nearby roof.

But Eliza returned to the ground and said.

"I can analyze your skin. It seems that your texture is similar to diamond, which makes your skin a powerful shield as a weapon."

"Hahahaha, you said so. But it's no use for you to beg for your safety."

"Who said I would beg?"

"I simply analyzed your body and deduced that the best way to defeat you is with something superior to your skin."

"... What's that?"

Again Eliza's weapon disappeared and she looked up at the sky.

There a small satellite was materializing in space.

"I really don't want to use it because of the collateral damage it might produce. But I will use the smallest ammunition to defeat you."

The satellite was gathering space dust and accumulating it inside.

"Thirty seconds is enough, it shouldn't be that small or that strong, just damaging enough to finish you off."

Eliza said without looking at him to see.

To Zolgen, that confidence was annoying.

But at the same time he couldn't take it lightly.

Eliza had already finished off two of his companions.

They were not weak, but they were not easy to eliminate either.

He fought by their side for a long time and knew them perfectly well.

That's why it was hard to believe that easily Basler and Balthort had been killed by her.

But it won't be the same for him, was what Zolgen thought.

He increased the power surges in his body to the point that it was no longer humanly possible that without destroying your body.

He didn't care. He wanted to win.

He had to win.

For that reason, he marched straight at her to eliminate her like a bull charging his victim.

"I'll finish you off in one move! Prepare to die!"

Eliza didn't care what he said, she looked at the sky and said.

"Release it."

At that moment. The satellite that was in space released a small cylinder which was falling at great speed.

It pierced every layer of the planet and gradually fell apart.

Zolgen was ten feet away from it, the cylinder shrunk to the size of a coin.

Being two meters away, the coin that fell from the sky grazed Zolgen's head by a centimeter.

Causing the left half of his head to sink as if someone had stepped on it.

His right arm that touched the coin was pulverized and when it fell to the ground it generated a crater that with every second that the coin sank became bigger.

The crater extended to the distance of Eliza who jumped backwards to avoid falling into the hole that consumed much of the area almost causing the houses to fall into the hole.

"Fascinating. It was only the size of a coin and left this damage."

She said as she saw Zolgen spitting foam from the mouth at the bottom of that crater.

He was still alive, but not for long as he stopped moving after spitting up a large amount of blood.

Eliza said to them.

"I have finished with the threat. All that's left is to wait for the master to arrive."

Estelle went downstairs with Alice and shouted to Eliza.

"That's not ending the threat! You proved to be worse than them at being dangerous!"

"I simply eliminated the pests that attacked us, there's nothing wrong with that."

"It is! Those three weren't wimps for you to say it was a piece of cake!"

"I never said they were, though they were."

As they argued, the door to the bar opened and Alice was surprised to see who was standing there.

It was... Griff.

◇◇◇

The battle between Griff and Lion was becoming increasingly one-sided.

Despite Lion healing, the damage to his brain from taking all those blows was severe.

His legs were shaking, he was breaking out in a cold sweat, and his vision was blurring.

(Shit, no matter how hard I try to attack him, my attacks will always go to the opposite side.)

Lion tried his best so Griff couldn't see him and attack him from behind.

But even without seeing him, he was hurt.

(I don't get it. That guy isn't using magic power, but he still manages to hit me after my attacks miss.)

(Huh?)

(After my attacks miss... he attacks me.)

Lion stood up and then decided to try something.

(I need just once to do it.)

Griff was sweating, he was tired of doing the same thing every time.

"You don't get tired do you? Die already please."

Again he threw his fist.

Lion drew his sword, but threw it at him this time.

He had done it before but always missed the attack, only this time he would attack too.

He noticed something.

(Again that watch.)

For a while now he had ignored the fact that Griff's watch was turning his watch hands at a high rate of speed.

The sword as it was about to touch Griff was deflected as if someone had touched it.

His fist was heading towards Lion, Griff noticed for the first time the counter offensive towards him.

Therefore, he stopped his movement and stepped back.

Lion quickly stepped forward and his fist grazed Griff's chin.

(I touched him!)

But immediately something expected happened.

His fist was sent to the ground.

Whatever Griff did, Lion ended up back on the ground.

Griff lightly touched his glasses to hide his anxiety.

"It was a good move, but useless at it."

"It wasn't."

Lion said quickly getting to his feet and grabbing two scraps of wood from the floor.

He smiled and then said to her.

"I figured out your trick, it really is the kind of annoying trick where you have to analyze down to your nose hairs to figure it out."

He did the same thing again as before.

He threw one of the wooden stakes, this time Griff dodged it.

For the first time he wasn't being touched by something.

Quickly Lion threw the second one, Griff let it touch him and was repelled, he readied his fist to throw it at Lion's head.

At that moment, Lion smiled at his victory.

His hand that came down first went to his leg, there he had buried a piece of broken glass and quickly threw it against Griff's belly.

He could do nothing due to the speed with which it was thrown.

Griff was pierced by the glass, plunging into incredible pain.

Lion used his other free fist and buried it fully into his enemy's agonized face.

"Puah!"

He spat blood and was thrown against the wall.

A large amount of blood was spitting out of Griff's mouth.

Lion waited until his leg was healed and walked over to Griff's watch.

"This little toy was the one that allowed you to deflect my attacks wasn't it."

"I noticed it too late, but it seems that by turning the hands it allows your body to repel all attacks."

"And when it stops spinning you can hit someone. Which implies that your body if it touches anything during the moment the hands will be harmed as well."

"A double-edged sword. I imagine your Drive something is a clock to make it go unnoticed."

"Okay, enough talk. Tell me what I want to know and I'll end this quickly."

*Breaking*

Lion proceeded to break the watch with Griff's wrist.

"Gyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"

"Tell me now, how much do you know about the Order?"

"Who are involved?"

"Who are their leaders?"

"Where are they hiding?"

"Tell me everything and no lies or I will proceed to break every bone in your body."

Griff flashed a smirk at Lion.

"I'd rather die... than rat on any of them... especially Loki-sama."

"Loki?"

"I may be a Faceless one and have had this opportunity to work with them like my family did."

"But I'm not an idiot like you who thinks they'll be easy to defeat hahaha."

Griff then bit down hard on his tongue to bleed out.

Lion was stunned by his determination.

(Who the hell would that Loki be to make this guy commit such madness?)

In less than a minute, the amount of blood from Griff Steiner's body left the floor painted red.

He died without the slightest chance to beg for his life.

Lion looked at Griff and sighed.

"Finding his headquarters is very difficult indeed."

◇◇◇

After defeating Griff, he went upstairs with his corpse.

He carried him out the door first and then threw him into the street.

He observed the chaos that happened here.

"Why the hell does this place look like this?"

"Lion-kun!"

Alice ran up to Lion and hugged him.

"Why are you covered in dust Alice?"

"No. What the hell happened here?"

Eliza came over to tell her every detail of what happened.

Estelle couldn't believe it, she fell to her knees at the sight of her boss's lifeless body.

"It's a joke, no, is that possible."

"That guy finished off my object of revenge for all these years."

Tears streamed down his cheeks and he began to laugh for no reason.

"Over ten years of planning how to kill him thrown away."

Lion walked over to Estelle and apologized to her.

"This... I'm sorry. It was your goal to eliminate him and I killed him."

"Sorry."

She hugged him as she stopped crying.

"Really thank you!"

"Really... thank you."

"You can't imagine how much suffering he caused me all these years."

"It seems like a dream to me that it's over already hahaha."

Estelle laughed as she understood what was going on.

Griff was responsible for her sister's death and her pain all these years.

He killed so many her.

She didn't know if they were innocent or horrible people.

But that would never change.

She will never deny it.

She will live with those deaths.

So she took his hand and kissed it.

"This may sound very disrespectful of me. But I mean it from the bottom of my heart."

"I am Estelle, the last survivor of the golden feline clan. Because you, Master Vandelion ended up with the one responsible for the death of my clan, my older sister and my suffering, I ask you to please pet my head."

"If you do, I will be your loyal servant until death."

"Really?"

"Totally serious."

Lion without hesitation stroked her head.

Estelle's tail wagged from side to side.

Her ears pricked up and she almost made a purring noise.

"Well I have no problem with having a pet. But don't ever kill anyone who isn't an enemy again, understood?"

"If that's what Master wants, I'll gladly comply~."

Estelle said purring and raising her right hand like a cat's paw.

"Criminals!"

"There are criminals around!"

Suddenly they heard a whistle, footsteps of a crowd approaching.

Lion was angry to hear them coming.

"Don't tell me these guys were spying on us and waited to see what would happen. Since I killed the boss of this place, they're coming to play the hero."

"Estelle, are there any of the guild members in this town besides that bar?"

"Yes. Some of them are officials and knights, they see to it that the guild is not touched."

"Well, you will tell me who they are to take care of them. While Eliza, you will take Alice back home."

"Master's safety is important to me."

Eliza said anxiously for Lion.

The knights drew their swords at the sight of them.

"There they are!"

"Get them!"

"Tch, Eliza there's no time, we'll be fine, take Alice home now."

"We'll take care of those idiots and then we'll go in the carriage."

"Eliza-chan, let's go now, they're almost here."

Eliza wanted to say something, but she kept quiet.

She took the princess's hand and they ran away.

"Estelle, let's hurry up too."

"As you command master."

That was how they parted to return home after having eliminated the most famous assassin guild in the world.

Everything was already settled...

◇◇◇

*Gasp*

"I can't lose here..."

"I won't let... let them enter the capital..."

Zara was on the ground covered in dirt and blood.

In front of her, two men were standing mocking her.

What was going on in the kingdom after Lion and the girls left?

The fanservice is from Estelle who subbed as Lion's official mascot.

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/109191641

1