Prologue
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

December of 1939

" In the plight of war, through the misery and pain, I think I learned how to love again."

 

The grey cobbled sidewalks seems to hide a story. The faint red that lingers even when the rain falls feels provocative. The gloom that almost engulfs the city foreshadows the despair in the air. Despite it all, everything seems strangely at peace until the thick, heavy sound of army boots fill the atmosphere. The men with stone faces that armors the fear in their eyes are frightening. They move like a well oiled machine as they prepare themselves for the war. I of course hide in the shadows with my lover. Our movements are frantic as we love not with our heart but out of desperation. We run out of breath yet we can't find the words to say I love you. You look beautiful today. Even when your hair is a mess and your clothes are tainted with dirt. It's funny how you get more beautiful every time I see you. If someone told me we would be together on the first day we met when you were desperately trying to kill me, I would have laughed. Yet here we are now. The passion burns so brightly that I flinch everytime you touch me. How thankful I am for your existence. This moment traps us so tightly. It makes me want to forget everything as long as you hold me. Darling, promise me you won't forget me in our next life and I promise I'll treat you better when we meet again. The brightness thst suddenly shines on us makes me smile. For I know that our time is up. As they rip us apart and my side feels hollow, I look at you and I know. There's tears in your eyes yet you smile so beautifully for me for one last time. In that moment, I know I regret nothing. Even when I close my eyes softly as the hard bullet pierces though our delicate skin. I'm sorry I could not hold you longer, my love. I'll be the first to find you in our next life as you run to me again with the smile that kills me more than the thousand bullets that pierced us on that dark night in 1939.

0