Seed Part 5
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As I lie down on the bed, I looked at the deceptively harmless-looking carving of a miniature human covered with mysterious symbols. Who can actually tell just from a casual glance that it was containing the soul body of a legendary person from the past...

 

I feel lost like I’m adrift at the sea in dark night and there was no land in sight. Well, I never saw a sea but I can approximate its form and use it as an expression. It’s basically just a big area full of water after all.

 

What did I actually want to do? For a long time, I was so occupied with getting out together with mother and seek a new life, and suddenly she was gone. I didn’t actually have any destination but somewhere where my father would never find us. Mother had given me a series of tasks that I could choose to do or left alone, but there was no urgency in doing most of them.

 

Other than the direction to find something she hid from other people and opportunities that I could chase in the future, most of it was just telling a bunch of people that used to bo her friend about things. They never bothered to visit mother all this time while she was still alive, what’s the use in hurrying to give her message to them? It’s not like it would be much use for them anyway.

 

Among all the things she told me, the only things I cared enough to do was just freeing him - Zach. I decided to free him because of a momentary impulse and other things I didn’t care to recall. It’s an on the spot decision I took outside the gate and then I just took the fastest and the most convenient transportation that was still cheap for my budget. I spent a month and a couple or so days to get here, and I was not interested enough to bother socializing with fellow travelers heading this way.

 

Added with the number of days planning how to free him, I had already out of that place for more than a month and a half. Even after copious amounts of watching the world and everyone that I met in that span of time, I still haven’t found anything I wanted to do. I wasn’t occupied with any other thought but how to free him from his imprisonment, but now that it’s done and he’s already free, what am I going to do in the future?

 

 Sure, Zach told me to follow him until his body to make a new body for him, but it was just a short term objective. I don’t think it would take more than a month or a two, but what I’m gonna do after that? I didn’t think I would miss those oppressive days where I plotted on how to get out and made sure that my mother could also follow me without being caught.  

 

Back then, even on the most depressing days, I could fill my thought with the image of us two together, spending days without worry. Why was the future become more distressing now that I am free without any supposed burden and responsibility? I wish my mother was here with me.

 

I could see through the blurry glass window that the moon had moved from its previous position. The clock on the wall said that it was nearing midnight. I still couldn’t sleep at all, every time I closed my eyes, another worry would flash by to occupy my thought.

 

Ah, I remember. Mother used to say that instead of spending time worrying, I should do an introspection and self-assessment to find out what could be improved in the future if I ever wanted to do a better job doing something similar in the future. Well, there was only one sealed hero in this world, so I didn’t think there would be any chance for me to do anything similar.

 

Did my mother actually want to free him from his prison, or did she just wanted separate or free his soul from his body? There was a possibility that it was because the seal was too difficult to breach that she decided to free a part of him instead of the whole. At least she made two-vessel instead of one. I was really scared when the one in my hand exploded into bits loudly, and almost making me get caught.

 

Wait, when I took out the other one, it behaved weirdly compared to the exploded one before it suddenly got heavier. And then it felt like the vessel was telling me that it had been filled. Could it be that the two were something with different purpose instead of my mother trying to not put all she had into one container?

 

Well, it didn’t seem like it would actually matter. Once he – Zach – got into a newly made body that he was satisfied with, the carving would be retired. Besides, he didn’t have any difficulty getting out of there at all. He could even make an incorporeal body that he could use to interact with the world, and it didn’t look like he had any difficulty doing that.

 

I was awake for a long time thinking about a lot of different things, and I didn’t remember when was the time I fell asleep. 

 

No Grammarly edit.

Fucking shitty internet connection.

0