Chapter 27:
64 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Derek sighed as he stepped into the elevator at Seattle Grace, his hand tightly clutching a cup of warm coffee. Thanks to Lucas' songs from the previous night, he found it difficult to sleep. Every time he closed his eyes, thoughts of Meredith flooded in, making it nearly impossible to find rest. He managed to get only 2-3 hours of decent sleep before restlessness took over, leaving him tossing and turning in bed. Even his early morning fishing escapade failed to clear his mind, and he returned empty-handed, making him feel more frustrated and agitated.

"Yo!" Mark's voice broke Derek from his musings as he entered the elevator. Derek glanced at him briefly before Mark pressed the button for his floor. "You didn't get any sleep last night?" Mark asked, raising an eyebrow.

"What gave it away? My sleepy eyes or this cup of coffee, which happens to be my third for the day?" Derek replied, his tone unamused.

"Someone's cranky," Mark teased. "Wanna talk about it?" he added, showing genuine concern.

But before Derek could respond, the elevator doors opened again, and Meredith and Cristina stood on the other side. Both Meredith and Derek lock eyes for a brief moment before the latter immediately took Cristina's hand and dragged her away as swiftly as possible.

"Well, that's interesting," Mark commented, observing Derek's deep sigh and the pained expression on his face.

***********

Meanwhile at Ridgeway, Carly sat at her desk, clicking her pen incessantly as her mind raced with thoughts and ideas on how to combat Nevel's attack.

"Well, we could always resort to telling Nevel's mom again. It worked once before," Sam suggested, glancing over at Carly, who seemed lost in her own thoughts.

After receiving the news from Freddie about Nevel attacking iCarly and Lucas, Carly's anger had been ignited. It was an unusual sight for both Sam and Freddie, who had known Carly for the longest time. This situation brought out a side of Carly that they had never seen before, a protective side of her, which they found intriguing.

"No, just telling Nevel's mom won't be enough punishment for what he's doing online. It has to be something more," Carly stated firmly, a glimmer of anger in her eyes, causing Freddie and Sam to exchange glances.

As the class was about to start, Lucas approached Carly and placed his hand on her shoulder. "I appreciate your aggro energy, Carly, but I think it's fine. I don't really care about this Nevel's online attacks. Besides, bad publicity can still be good publicity. Plus, they're just articles; those who have heard my songs won't believe Nevel's words."

"...But..." Carly stated in reluctance. If it was anyone else telling her to let it go, Carly would have flat out denied their request. However, Lucas was different. Nevel attacking Lucas was the main reason why Carly was furious in the first place. Carly saw Lucas as an innocent bystander caught in the crossfire of iCarly and Nevel's rivalry. Moreover, it didn't help Nevel's cause when he attacked the person Carly had a crush on.

"Really, Carly. Let it go. It's fine," Lucas insisted, his words firm and convincing, causing Carly to finally relent.

"I still don't know who this Nevel person is," Gibby chimed in as he approached Lucas. He added, "But I have a request to make, Lucas."

Lucas, removing his hand from Carly's shoulder, looked at Gibby with curiosity and replied, "A request?".

"You see, I saw iCarly last night, and you inspired me to pursue music," Gibby stated shyly.

"Okay," Lucas replied, unsure of where this conversation was going.

"Is it possible for you to teach me how to play the drums?" Gibby asked eagerly.

A smile spread across Lucas' face. "Of course, no problem," he replied. The idea of teaching Gibby how to play the drums didn't seem like a hassle at all. In fact, as someone who had watched iCarly in his previous life, Lucas had always been fond of Gibby's character on the show. Teaching Gibby would not only be an opportunity to share his passion for music but also a chance to build a friendship with the teen.

"Cool!" Gibby exclaimed with excitement. "We can start my first lesson today after school. I'll text my mom, and she'll pick us up!"

At first, Lucas was taken aback that Gibby wanted their first lessons to begin after classes ended today at Ridgeway. However, seeing the boy's excitement, who was currently shirtless, Lucas could do nothing but accept his fate. Despite Gibby technically being weird, he was quite interesting to be around.

"Gibby!"

The sudden entrance of a teacher interrupted their conversation. With a stern voice, she scolded the shirtless boy, "Put your shirt back on and take your seat. Class is about to begin!"

*******

As Lucas attended his classes for the day, two kids who decided to skip school started engaging in a heated Twitter feud. One of them passionately defended Lucas, while the other staunchly believed that the articles he released were justified and based on truth.

Hailey Baldwin [@haileybaldwin]:"These articles are so biased! Both of Lucas's songs are incredible! @Nevelocity, how dare you belittle his talent!"

Nevel Papperman [@Nevelocity]:"@haileybaldwin, it's not about bias, it's about honesty. Lucas's songs are just mediocre, lacking any real depth. I can't help it if my taste in music leans towards true artistry."

Hailey Baldwin [@haileybaldwin]:"Your opinion is completely irrelevant, @Nevelocity! Lucas's songs are currently soaring up the charts on iTunes' both on the 'New Releases' and 'Top Charts' category! The masses recognize his genius while you're left in denial."

Nevel Papperman [@Nevelocity]:"Don't mistake popularity for quality, @haileybaldwin. It's easy to get caught up in the hype, but true talent stands on its own merits. While Lucas may have a momentary surge, his songs lack the substance and artistry that leave a lasting impact. My platform, with millions of engaged readers, appreciates honest critiques that go beyond fleeting trends."

Hailey Baldwin [@haileybaldwin]:"Your platform is just a cesspool of negativity, @Nevelocity. Maybe instead of bashing a talented artists, you should seek professional help. I can recommend a good therapist who can help you with your obvious jealousy and insecurity."

Nevel Papperman [@Nevelocity]:"Jealousy? Please! I'm secure enough to call out mediocrity when I see it. Unlike you who's only cling to fame is through your daddy, I value substance over popularity. Keep living in your bubble of delusion, @haileybaldwin".

Hailey Baldwin [@haileybaldwin]:"Your so-called critiques reek of bias, @Nevelocity. It's clear you have a personal vendetta against iCarly and now you're using Lucas as your punching bag!".

Nevel Papperman [@Nevelocity]:"Ha! Your accusations hold no weight, @haileybaldwin. I critique based on talent, not personal vendettas. Lucas is just another average artist who doesn't bring anything unique to the table. My articles provide honest assessments, unlike your blind defense of mediocrity."

Hailey Baldwin [@haileybaldwin]:"@Nevelocity! Lucas's performance on iCarly received widespread praise, and his new fans adore him. Your attempts to undermine his success only showcase your own jealousy and inability to appreciate true talent!"

Nevel Papperman [@Nevelocity]:"Please, Lucas is just a temporary sensation, riding the coattails of a decent web show. His music lacks substance, and his fifteen minutes of fame will soon be over".

Hailey Baldwin [@haileybaldwin]:"@Nevelocity, Lucas's talent is undeniable, and he's here to stay. You may have your handful of readers, but the real music lovers know better!"

Nevel Papperman [@Nevelocity]:"Enjoy your temporary obsession, @haileybaldwin. True music lovers recognize substance over temporary popularity. Lucas may have his fifteen minutes of fame, but true artists endure. My critiques are aimed at separating the real talent from the passing trends, and your blind defense only proves your lack of discernment."

************************

PS. I'm team Selena (if you are familiar with all that tik tok drama😅). In real life there was some speculation that Hailey Baldwin was a fan of Selena in the past.  In this world, she is a fan of Lucas..

-********************

8