The city of players
46 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tetsu accepted the quest.

Yes, he might die, and lose all of his experience in the process, but the possibility of him getting into a noble family was just too tempting.

And what about the girl?

Yes, she may have been only 15 years old, but Tetsu just thought of Rencarnia as a game, not a real world. No matter how real it may seem, the possibility of magic, gods and other things like that just seemed unreal to him.

But that wasn't important right now.

Right now, he had only one thought. Get enough money to get into the real city.

That would allow not only him, but also Sakura to live a better life.

That was his thought process.

The next day, he prepared most of the things he needed, and went north.

It was a long journey.

At first, he had to get to the Margia.

Margia was also known as the most important Player base.

Every knew player that came to Rencarnia appeared here.

There the system explains the rules and the basic functions of Rencarnia.

And as long the player hasn't completed the tutorial, he wasn't permitted to leave the city.

Of course, every player could always return here.

Every player was accepted here, and there was technically only one rule.

No conflict between players within the city. Those that broke that rule weren't allowed to enter Rencarnia again for the next two months. Yes, it was quite harsh.

But thanks to that rule, Margia was a safe haven for newcomers and veterans alike.

Strangely, the non-players were not capable of seeing the Magnificent city.

Ten, he entered the gate.

And, like the first time, he had to breath in.

No matter how many times he looked at the city, it never stopped to amaze him.

In front of him were massive beautiful buildings that even the proudest architect would start to envy the architecture.

And stone like roads that connected every house to each other.

Looking around, Tetsu realized that the city was now much more lively then the last time he was here.

In fact, the city itself grew. Literally.

He was once again fascinated by Margia. The growth in size of the city only meant that much more players joined the game.

Looking around, he saw the most diverse looking people then ever.

A small halfling was following an a rather thin man. Scanning him, Tetsu saw that the man was indeed human, but for some reason decided to make his face incredibly green and a smile from ear to ear.

Literally.

Passing through them, Tetsu saw a woman with the face of a dog going out of a modeling shop in the most pinkish dress that Testu saw in his life.

'Who in god's name would go out on a date with her? '

Now, he wasn't saying that his avatar was incredibly beautiful.

A hulking 7-foot-tall man with incredibly shaggy black hair that managed to hit his massive shoulders, and a beard that a slightly shorter beard that grew out of his chin and hid most of his face what was below his nose.

If someone saw him, they would think that for some reason an ogron decided to stop eating, go to the gym, and had put the face of a dwarf on his face.

On top of that, the skin of Tetsu's avatar was also slightly grey, but now he couldn't explain why he chose it like this.

Looking at him, the dog lady stopped in her tracks, and went the other way round.

'Am I really that scary? '

Starting to the real reason Margia is the most important city to the players

From the start, every player gets a room there.

At first it is only a small 10 X 20 X 10-meter room, but the players could potentially change that.

The more experience and the higher the level the players have, the better the resting place for the player.

Higher level makes the room bigger, and it also unlocks new furniture, beds, and so on.

But that wasn't the main purpose of the room.

It was something akin to a safe room.

You could, from any playthrough, put any item, including npc's into the room, and it would stay there. No one could steal it, as no one but the player is permitted to enter.

Even if you wish to let someone in, it doesn't happen out of security reasons.

There is only one way to get into somebody else's room, but it's incredibly tedious, expensive, and absolutely not worth trying.

That storage function of the resting room was also the greatest part of the game.

If the avatar of the player were to die, it would usually mean game over. After all, you would normally only have one life. Your equipment, and other fancy artifacts would then remain with the corpse, allowing even non players to pick them up and use them.

With the avatars death, the player is actually forced to start a new game, create a new character and start from scratch.

You could always just make the new avatar look like the last one, but if you were once a level 100 player and you died, you have to start again from level zero.

The players begged the creators of the game to change that, but they never did. Ultimately, the players just gave up, and decided to be more careful while playing.

And now, Tetsu went past a restaurant, and turned left into a new hallway.

There, he saw the road.

His neighbors decided to call it the workshop road.

Testu was probably the reason why.

On that road, Tetsu held a workshop, and in the workshop, itself was his very room.

In his room he held the most precious artifacts that he managed to collect over the years.

Those were his prize possessions, something he would never sell.

Yes, he could sell it for a very big prize, but he decided against it.

He put so much effort into getting these, that just selling them would be nothing but a waste.

However, those that he does sell, he puts in the second layer, the visible part that looks like a workshop.

No one but him can enter it, but that doesn't stop him from selling.

In case he was gone, he changed his workshop to this:

The players, if they decided to buy something, only had to do go near the opened workshop, where the goods that Tetsu is ready to sell comes.

Barring the fact that no one can enter the room itself, meaning no one could enter the workshop itself. For this, if the player wishes to buy something, he just has to come near the opened door.

Infront of them a blue screen would appear, showing of the names of everything there is to sell, with the prices next to it.

Then, the player has to basically give over what was asked from him for the specific artifact.

The price isn't always gold, Testu made for some artifacts the prices of healing drinks, scrolls.

He also made sure that some of the actually good artifacts were only possibly sold by sacrificing some of the players levels, and putting them into a flask. That is always excepted.

Now, coming nearer, I saw a really long line coming towards Tetsu's workshop.

All of them wanted to get buy some of Tetsu's artifacts.

Tetsu wasn't the best smith in Margia. Hell, he wasn't even in the top five.

But what differentiated him from other smiths was that he sold out goods that were good for the beginners. Every new player could just come to his workshop and by a weapon.

Somehow, Tetsu's workshop itself was now part of the tutorial.

In fact, that's the reason Tetsu introduced the new level sacrifice system of his shop.

A new player with a sword could potentially survive for a day outside of Margia before the sword breaks.

But sacrificing just 3 levels, a level one player gets a hold of a burning sword that isn't only more durable that the regular sward, but also makes a burning effect on the enemies that get hit.

"Let me through!! I need to get the poisonous arrows! I have been grinding for the past three days to get the required level!"

"No! I need the level 3 unbreakable shield! I am the tank in my party!"

"Get in line! I am still doing my tutorial"

"No, I!!"

"My Viewers want to see the tutorial workshop!"

"Get in line!"

Sighing, Tetsu marched forward.

"Hey you! Big GUY!"

Tetsu stopped, looking at the source of the voice.

It was a wood elf, and she was currently dressed in a green tanned suit that all female wood elf's get. Her small posture made her look rather cute, Her blond hair moved around the wind, which reminded of sunlight.

"Get in line! We all have been waiting here, so should you! The owner of the workshop isn't always here, that means there are a limited supply of useful in there! I need the magic staff, and I have worked for five days straight to get the necessary 6 levels to get it. Get back in line".

Tetsu then, putting a smile on his face, responded: "The staff you want has no longer the price of six levels. It's seven now."

"Wha—"

Then, ignoring the stunned crowd, he entered the workshop.

1