A brief summary of the past (part 1)
33 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The elf dressed in the red dress, who was also called as Tanja, was now coughing blood. Nothing she tried to de seemed to stop.

She then tried to use her staff to stop the bleeding, but it only made everything worse.

 

“Wha—What is going oo *blaarg?”

 

“You are right about one thing. The blood bringer can only be used by a mage that was granted by the high lords the title of a lieutenant. But the same title can be taken away by another high lord. And being one of them, I did just that. Now the staff no longer sees you as being worthy of using it, so it is killing you, by making you bleed out.”

 

“Let go. LET GO!”

 

“No, you will continue to hold the staff until you are dead. You should have listened to your big friend over there. Now you must bear the consequences.”

 

Tanja now was literately spewing out blood out of her mouth, her eyes, her nose.

 

That went until all blood that was within the woman now was out of her.

 

And so, the female player died.

 

Tetsu then looked at the knight, and asked if he wanted something from her, but the knight only shook his head, saying that Tetsu could have everything he wished for.

 

That made Tetsu decide to take not only the loot of the player, but also the corpse. A corpse always had its uses.

 

Tetsu then decided to talk with the knight for a while, asking him how he was doing, and what happened during his stay out.

 

From what he could gather, the state Walrog was far worse than he anticipated. Players openly kill each other and other nonplayers in the open. Players that decided to play a little bit more with demonic powers committed atrocities everywhere, and the image of Guts was no longer that of a noble paladin, but of a warlord of the dark realm, who controlled both demons and devils as their supreme ruler. He would one day return, and bring the end of the game, until only he and his followers remained in the game.

 

Tetsu really didn’t bother about the last bit. He wanted to get out of the game once he had the necessary money to live a normal life.

 

However, knowing what could happen inside, the knight decided to follow the carriage, as to show that Tetsu was legitimately a high lord of the city.

 

And the crowd did try to get into his good graces. All of them spew lies at him, wanting him to join one side or the other, however if anyone dared to come to close, the knight would simply put them down by slicing their head of.

 

When he finally came to the main building, he demanded from the other high lords his weapon back.

 

The chain-axe.

 

Imagine a normal axe, but it was a chainsaw at the same time. It also had the rune of blood absorption, which made it absorb the spilled blood it got, and then also repair the possible damage it got.

 

This legendary weapon was Tetsu’s greatest weapon he has forged, and now he demanded to have it back.

 

The high lords weren’t pleased.

 

The weapon was a symbol of Walrog, and it was possibly the most powerful weapon in the entire city. They didn’t want to lose it.

 

However, Tetsu didn’t care. He was the reason the city exists in he first place. He made the axe, and was by all accounts its rightful owner.

 

However, the high lords demanded for a right to have a chance to win the axe in a fair battle, player versus player.

 

The high lords would choose a warrior who would fight for them, and Tetsu could do the same. The winner gets the axe.

 

Tetsu really didn’t want to take part in it, but he needed the axe in the upcoming adventure he would have.

 

And so, a few days later(game time) the day arrived.

 

The high lords chose a big muscular barbarian, who by his tattoos seemed to follow a daemon of war or something.

 

He didn’t carry any armor, only a slight cloth that hid his member between his legs.

 

He also carried around two giant hammers in each of his hands. Buy his looks alone, it would be possible that.

 

Tetsu saw that the high lords put everything they could to make sure they could win.

 

Tetsu did the same. His champion was the same knight who he met on his arrival here.

 

Sadly, the knight wasn’t the player he had met back then. The knight however did defeat the player once in hand-to-hand combat, and took the loot from the players corpse.

 

Tetsu was disappointed at first, but he didn’t wish for revenge. That only meant that the player was too weak to protect himself.

The knight wasn’t even a player to begin with. Tetsu found out, that the knight backstory was like this: He was born as a barbarian, but as a child, a player had taken him under the wing. He cared for the child who then grew stronger and stronger as the days past. The player taught him the art of combat, swordsmanship, and so on.

 

Then, one day, the player was killed by the player who Tetsu sold the crimson armor.

 

Seeking revenge, the now grown-up child followed the player towards south, and while the player was at his most vulnerable, killed him.

 

After that, he took his loot, and carried it around as his trophy.

 

This sad tale brought a sense of intrigue to Tetsu, which is why he decided to choose him as his champion.

 

During the day he was in Walrog, he made a brand-new set of armor, which should replace the old, broken armor. It was lighter, sturdier and far more beautiful than the last armor ever could be.

 

He also made the knight a brand-new sword. A sword which was imbued with a curse of death, which would ultimately curse any one wounded by the blade to die a painful death.

 

He also made black shield for the knight, but that was more of a bonus, and Tetsu just decided that it would be good to use all materials.

 

Tetsu was happy with his work, just as the knight.

 

Tetsu however said that since the knight seemed to have been a barbarian, he should know the northern wastes.

 

The knight did indeed know, and promised that if he could get the armor, then he would not only fight for Tetsu as his warrior, but also be a guide while they traveled towards the north.

 

So, they did just that.

 

The knight killed the barbarian player by smashing his shield into the head of the player, and while he was shocked and confused, cut his head clean from his shoulders.

 

The spectators who wished for a magnificent battle where left disappointed that the battle was over in a few minutes, the high lords were angry that they lost, the knight was happy that he now had aa brand-new sword and armor, while Tetsu got his axe.

 

Then, not waiting for another day (and also not wishing to be assassinated in the city by the wish of the other high lords) the pair of smith and knight escaped the city the following few hours.

 

Then they bought a carriage, and traveled north, to save a long since lost daughter of a noble.

0